Are we Ready for 32.APSK Modulation ?

jenius-jatt

Reaction score
Are we Ready for 32.APSK Modulation ?

Yes friends as every body know's that at this moment we have 8.PSK modulation and in future we can see the implimentation of 16 & 32.APSK MOD.

But my question is that at present what ever the STB boxes we have ,
Are they ready for 32.PSK modulation or NOT ??
:sp

SEE THE SS:-

32psk_zps0d3b90a9.jpg

The above screenshot is for a tp data service... anyways few channels with 32 APSK, may be dreambox 800SE supports 32APSK.... Openbox supports only upto 16APSK....

Biswajit.HD said:
The above screenshot is for a tp data service... anyways few channels with 32 APSK, may be dreambox 800SE supports 32APSK.... Openbox supports only upto 16APSK....
Thanks bro. Yes this ss was just an Example and there are some channels in 32.APSK channels also.So openbox is supporting 16PSK, Now let us see what other friends comment on that ? :)

At the spot most of users don't have 8PSK mod. boxes yet ? :sp

Solid HD box supports 8PSK... i have solid hd s2 2100

and my openbox s10 hd pvr supports upto 16APSK... mod

At present , 16/32 apsk , not been used most for carrying tv channels , and it is moreover used for data sevices ,,

And there is a big deal to recive those signals , these need above 20db snr , so forget with small antenna , need big dish ,

And , not many boxes support 16/32 apsk , only some ,

Thanks

Biswajit.HD said:
Solid HD box supports 8PSK... i have solid hd s2 2100

and my openbox s10 hd pvr supports upto 16APSK... mod
Good now see how important it is know about the SR (symbol Rate) and Modulation to be secure in future bro. You will be surprise to know that even I don't know about Solid HD box that it support 8PSK MOD.

I think this thread would put some light on STB'S features and to be Aware about future STB'S what they support or not,It will defenitly help all members.:)

vishvish said:
At present , 16/32 apsk , not been used most for carrying tv channels , and it is moreover used for data sevices ,,

And there is a big deal to recive those signals , these need above 20db snr , so forget with small antenna , need big dish ,

And , not many boxes support 16/32 apsk , only some ,

Thanks
Thanks Vish bro. for clearification, Yes today 32APSK mostly used for Data services.According to my knoweledge there are some channels in 16PSK already running ,So you mean that :

HIGHER THE MODULATION BIGGER THE DISH SIZE

Is this equation justified with this QPSK/8PSK/16APSK etc. Pl do let me know thanks in advance.:)

@Vishvish: And , not many boxes support 16/32 apsk , only some

This was the same question of mine and worried also that are the STB boxes ready for this latest Modulations ?

Thanks

Hello @jatt

Yes , but it is needed a good signal ratio , for 16 apsk 10.6 db is needed and for 32 apsk 13.5 db

16apsk = 2-3 meter dish
32apsk= 3-5 meter dish
Got this info from expert

Now , you can imagine , any broadcaster dare to use this modulation ?

You know , normal dvb-s channels do work on smaller dish and thay are picked up by reciver easily

But 8psk need better signal than qpsk ,

Qpsk = more than 5db
8psk=8 db or more
16apsk= 10.6 db or more
32apsk = 13.5 db or more

vishvish said:
Hello @jatt

Yes , but it is needed a good signal ratio , for 16 apsk 10.6 db is needed and for 32 apsk 13.5 db

16apsk = 2-3 meter dish
32apsk= 3-5 meter dish
Got this info from expert

Now , you can imagine , any broadcaster dare to use this modulation ?

You know , normal dvb-s channels do work on smaller dish and thay are picked up by reciver easily

But 8psk need better signal than qpsk ,

Qpsk = more than 5db
8psk=8 db or more
16apsk= 10.6 db or more
32apsk = 13.5 db or more
Thanks vish nicely explain, Now I under stand the problem of 8PSK in Intelsat-10 as this satellite has many Indian channels in 8PSK,So very weak signal and as a prime C band LNB the pak channels in Mpeg-2 are working fine. But the 8PSK channels have very much problem in Mpeg-4.

I am facing the problem to get these channels, Some ch. work at night & some in morning. Secondly this sat has Retired and new Intelsat-20 has been already there at 68*E may started its services in next month.

Vish I want to know that can we get good signal from new satellite at 68E or the issue of 8PSK will be there because of (8psk=8 db or more)
Pleas do put some light on this issue .Thanks

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock