Bollywood latest news/gossips

Imtiaz Ali takes Nargis for rickshaw ride

imtnar1.jpg

The gorgeous Nargis Fakhri recently had the most memorable rickshaw ride, with her director Imtiaz Ali handling the reins.

Team Rockstar AKA Ranbir Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri and director Imtiaz Ali who had gone on a special road trip across Punjab for promotions, were in Chandigarh enjoying the delights of a local roadside dhaba, wherein they gorged on parathas.

Post the delicious lunch, they happened to spot the local cycle rickshaws passing by and decided to go for a ride themselves.

What's interesting is that instead of going on a ride, director Imtiaz Ali took the reins and drove Nargis all around himself, surprising the team and the crowds who had gathered to catch a glimpse of the stars.

Needless to say, a delighted Nargis had a blast and a memorable darshan of the beautiful city thanks to Imtiaz.

Shree Ashtavinayak Cinevision Ltd and Eros International's Rockstar releases November 11, 2011.

Sanjay Dutt caught between two cop roles

Sanjay Dutt has played cops many times over. But this time it's different. In both Ram Gopal Varma's Department and Anand Kumar's Zilla Ghaziabad, he plays cops based on real-life characters. In fact he's so keen on getting it right that last week he asked both the films' makers to show him rushes to see how real he looks on screen.

Dutt isn't taking any chances. He wants both the parts to look authentic. Apparently, Dutt has been doing backgrounders on both the real-life cops and wants them played as differently as possible.

Says a source, "Since both the real-life cops are dead, Dutt has asked for a reality-check on their past history...pictures, documents, newspaper stories, anecdotes...Never before has Sanjay Dutt taken such a keen interest in character detailing. He wants both the roles to look real and different from one another in personality and appearance. Because they're based on real characters, he doesn't want to slip up in the details."

Last week, Dutt summoned the Zilla Ghaziabad producer Vinod Bachchan with rushes of the film to see how his character had shaped up. Confirms Bachchan, "Yes, Dutt Saab asked to see his look and presence. So I made a special trailer of the film and took it to him. He will now be shooting non-stop from November 2 to 23 for my film."

For Department, Dutt is even taking interest in the technical details. Preparing for his plunge into direction, perhaps? Says Ram Gopal Varma, "Sanjay Dutt knows Department is a very special film for him. I've always believed he has one of the strongest screen presence. I haven't presented him in that stylish cool-dude way in Department. For the first time in his career, he is playing a very realistic character."

Though Sanjay Dutt plays a cop, he isn't in uniform in Department. Says Ramu, "Contrary to rumours, Department is not about encounter killings. It's about the personal lives of the cops, how their family equation and social lives get affected by their job. My film Company was about the politics in the underworld. Department is about the politics in the police department."

"Rockstar happened because of me, I'll take credit for it" - Ranbir Kapoor:
rankap2.jpg

At Mehboob Studios in Bandra, Ranbir Kapoor has just arrived from hectic promotions of his most ambitious film Rockstar. Dressed in Indian traditional - colours that cannot exactly be described - a pink and purple coloured dhoti with a brown and cream kurta, he welcomes me with a warm hug and something that goes, "My mother loves you a lot. She can't stop talking about you". I'm speechless. Then he lights up his cigarette and sips his nespresso. That's a new form of espresso coffee that Ranbir's mother, Neetuji, offered me the first time I met her at her house in Pali Hill. I felt something personal was connecting but not my network. My blackberry is almost crashing after I've uploaded my status that says - 'With Ranbir. Do not Disturb'. He looks right in my eyes and says, "Ask me whatever you want to ask today". I ask and he talks. His words flow. He's got one crazy, free-floating, head-spinning way of expressing himself, and though he could say more, explain more, he doesn't. He's already moved on to some other rabbit hole and can't be brought back. But that's just how his mind works. And come November 11, the minds will be at work again - of the critics, of the audiences and of the box office and suddenly Ranbir will be sitting pretty once again. Then I look at him again and he looked casual in his traditionals yet immaculate, an expensive version of himself. I stare at him to make out how serious he's being. Beneath that silken cool-cat exterior, I catch a small flash of the foxy, radar-jamming contrarianism that has got him where he is today. Where he is today is pretty much where every young actor in Bollywood dreams of being. And yes, very few people are born with that. So, after spending an hour with Ranbir Kapoor, I discover that he is one cool cucumber - dry, concise, charming in a feline way, with a high tolerance for silence that turns every answer into its own punch line and flushes people into reactions they didn't even know they had. UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent takes you on a journey of love, despair, ego, angst and destruction, a journey of a rebellious 'rockstar'.

When was the first time you remember picking up a guitar or even playing one?
I remember when I was young, around five or six years old and we were in London. I, my mom, my dad and my sister were walking on the street to go to a restaurant. It was raining very heavily. While we were walking, I saw a musical store with a medium size guitar, and as a kid I recall forcing my father to buy me a guitar. Well, my poor father had to go to the music store and buy me a guitar because I was refusing to enter the restaurant. I was very destructive as a child and I broke the guitar the next day. That was back then. I actually picked up the guitar two months before shooting for Rockstar. So my fascination for guitar continues.

Ranbir KapoorMillions are singing the rock n roll ecstasy called 'Sadda Haq'. Are you tripping on it too?
Well, yes of course. I had the good fortune to be a part of the entire music making process since I play the musician in the film. Imtiaz encouraged me that I go with him to Chennai to Mr. Rahman's place. So I've seen all the songs being conceived in front of me, how the lyrics were written, how Mohit Chauhan has sung these songs, the instruments that have come in use for the making of the music. For me, it's a big part of my journey as this character. It was important for me to see the creation in front of my eyes. 'Sadda Haq' has a lot of meaning because it comes from the character, it comes from his angst. The character wants to express him by the songs he sings. I never wanted a hit song to attract more eyeballs. Imtiaz too believed in that.

We missed you at the Teesri Manzil screening at the Mumbai Film Festival
Yea, I know. I so wanted to be there. But we came back from Jaipur the same night at 11pm and so couldn't make it in time. The sad part is that I still haven't seen Teesri Manzil on the big screen. I am a big fan of Mr. Vijay Anand and the way my granduncle Mr. Shammi Kapoor played his character was just phenomenal.

Have you ever felt blessed and proud of the fact that you were a part of Shammiji's final journey in movies?
My grandfather, Mr Raj Kapoor died when I was very young. I was around six year old then I think. I don't remember him much. So, I've grown up with Shammi Kapoor being my grandfather. I became even closer to Shammi dadaji when he gave us an opportunity to work with him in Rockstar. Yes, I miss him and felt a great loss for the first time in my life by losing someone. But I wasn't angry or sad because I knew that he lived his life to the fullest. He is the original rockstar of Indian cinema. No regrets. At this age he was driving his car, he was travelling the world, he was flirting with the assistant directors on the sets, etc. That kind of made me feel proud that I was a part of the man's final journey who really lived his life and how!

Ranbir KapoorJanardhan, Jordan, Rockstar, Ranbir. You're leading many lives than just one buddy. So, who exactly are you?
I am just an actor. There is a wrong perception of what you're seeing on screen is me. What you're seeing on screen is an amalgamation of lot of people's efforts. There was a marriage of effort and thought and that's when Jordan, my character, was created. If you tell me to hold the guitar and play it, I can't do it. I need help and support of the crew around me. There are many phases in this character's life that keep changing because the film spans over eight to ten years. Every phase was interesting. In fact, we went backwards while we were shooting this film. I really enjoyed the phase when my character is in the college because the rest of the film is a little hard for me, to go down that zone and live that experience. I like the college parts because he was that wannabe rockstar and somebody tells him that to become one you had to break your heart. He meets Heer, played by Nargis, and how he impresses her thinking that she will break his heart one day is the best phase of the movie according to me.

Janardhan, your character, stands in front of the poster of Jim Morrison questions himself. But is Ranbir a fan of Jim?
I am a fan of Jim Morrison. But I have always been a bigger Hindi music fan. I'm a bigger Kishore Kumar fan, a bigger Lata Mangeshkar fan, a bigger Mohammed Rafi fan. Having said that, my exposure to English music isn't that bad. All the rock bands like Led Zeppelin, U2, Pink Floyd, etc, I'm exposed to all of that. My father is a big world music fan. Yes, Janardhan likes Jim Morrison and wants to be like him but doesn't know how to be. But at the same time, my character isn't based on Jim Morrison. He is a fan for sure.

And who gave you the name Jordan?
Nargis gave me that name (smiles). Her character gave me the name. Janardhan Jakhad is a 'jat' boy from Delhi. Jakhad is a very 'jat' name. His name is a little off so the girl gives him the name Jordan and he keeps it from there on till he becomes a rockstar.

Ranbir KapoorWhat was that one line before Imtiaz signed you on board that made you jump?
Well, it's actually funny but Rockstar happened because of me. I'll take credit for it. I remember when I was working in Saawariya, I had started shooting and I had heard of this film being made with another actor. My friend and I used to go for long drives in the night discussing Indian cinema, as usual fans of Hindi films, and that's when he told me that Imtiaz Ali is making a film and told me a one line of this story. He said that it's a musical journey of this artist who finally becomes a rockstar after he suffers a heart break. Three years passed and that film never got made. Imtiaz came to me with another script and we interacted on that for a couple of days. One night while he was going home I asked him what's happening with his 'Rockstar' film because it was really interesting. He said that there were script problems, budget problems, etc. He left, and after two to three weeks he called me and said that he couldn't get his mind away from the 'Rockstar' movie and that he wanted to give it one more shot at the writing. After three months of working on the script, he came, narrated me the story and it was my good fortune to work with Imtiaz and Rahman sir who was on board. I loved the character of Janardhan Jakhad.

Watch this space for Part 2 of Ranbir Kapoor interview where he

Item song 'Kaafirana' in Joker is Chitrangda's birthday gift from Shirish
chitrangda1.jpg

Okay, so it is a known fact by now that Chitrangda Singh has been roped in to do a special song and dance number for Shirish Kunder directed Joker. Though this development made quite a few stand up and notice, more so because no one could see this coming, the fact remains that even for Chitrangda this was a surprise no less. For everyone though, the surprise turned out to be a pleasant one since it is the best birthday gift that Chitrangda has earned for herself ever since she stepped into the world of films few years back.

Says a friend of the actress, "Joker releases on 30th August next year and that happens to be Chitrangda's birthday too. The 'item song' that she has managed to bag for herself is a birthday gift for her and a matter of double celebration. Since she hasn't done an item song before and this is the first time ever that she has been roped in for a guest appearance like this, Chitrangda is really elated."

In fact as we go to press, the song has already been shot, canned and sealed, hence turning out to be a huge calling card for Chitrangda who seems to be fast making her presence felt in commercial Bollywood cinema.

"Her Desi Boyz is round the corner and there too she has done a song and dance number with Akshay", says a source, "In fact this film is her first ever out and out commercial film and her naughty-n-spicy scenes with Akshay have already attracted quite a few eyeballs. Now with Joker too in her kitty, albeit just for a song and dance appearance, Chitrangda is making her intentions quite clear that she is ready for the 'jhatak-matak' act."

While one waits to see whether the 'Kaafirana' number in Joker turns out to be the 'Sheila'/'Munni'/'Chammak Challo' moment for Chitrangda, the makers (Shirish as well as film's choreographer/producer Farah Khan) are confident that they have managed to create something special for her.

"When it is someone's birthday, you are bound to make it extra special; especially so by gifting a person something that she would be thrilled to own", says Shirish, "Farah has gone all out to make Chitrangda's first ever item number special while for me too it is now an added advantage to have someone in addition to Sonakshi adding on to the glamour quotient of the film. With Chitrangda's birthday falling on 30th August, the D-day is special for both of us now."

'Rehmat' is not from DON 2

The makers of the Shahrukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra starrer DON 2 clarified that the song 'Rehmat' which has been floated on the internet is not from the film.

download DON 2 - THE CHASE CONTINUES wallpaper
download DON 2 - THE CHASE CONTINUES wallpaper

An official press note sent by the makers of DON 2 says, "There is a fake song claiming to be from Excel Entertainment's forthcoming DON 2 doing the rounds on the internet and the popularity that the film and character has amongst the audiences, fans are downloading the song as they think it's from DON 2."

CHECK OUT: Shahrukh Khan: Taaqat Ek Nasha Hai

"The song is not from the film and someone is just using it to publicise that particular song. The DON 2 OST will be released in the market shortly and there will be an official communication in that regard," they further added.
http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/11/nov/07-rehmat-is-not-from-don-2-111102.asp

Ranveer and Anushka shoot for KBC with Big B

The Band Baaja Baaraat duo of Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma is back to steal your hearts once again with YRF's latest release Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl. The film directed by Maneesh Sharma is slated to release on Dec 9 and both Ranveer and Anushka have already begun promoting the film.

The duo was on KBC earlier this week shooting a special episode with none other than Amitabh Bachchan. Big B tweeted seemed to be mighty impressed with this talented duo and tweeted, "Had the lovely and bubbly Anushka and Ranveer on set today ..! Such charm and energy and chemistry...great to be with them !!"

We are sure this would be one cracker of an episode.

Saif and Kareena to get married early next year

One of Bollywood's most talked about real life couple, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, has finally decided to take their relationship to the next level. After months of media speculation on will they or won't they tie the knot, Saif has now confirmed that he and Bebo would be getting married in February or March 2012.

Saif's home production Agent Vinod starring Kareena and him, which was slated to release in December this year, got pushed to early next year. Saif said that he would be tying the knot once the film releases in Feb 2012. He also added that he doesn't wish to postpone his marriage any further and even if his film got delayed due to some reason he wouldn't think about delaying his wedding beyond March 2012.

This would certainly be one big fat Bollywood wedding!

Salman Khan to work with Subhash Ghai

With Wanted, Dabangg, Ready and Bodyguard all becoming mega hits Salman Khan has become one of the most sought after actors today. With his next film Ek Tha Tiger already in production and Dabangg 2 in process Salman is all set for exciting times ahead.

Though he may have a line-up of films in the pipeline, Bollywood Hungama has learnt that Salman has agreed to star in Subhash Ghai's next film in 2012.

The buzz is that Salman will be doing Ghai's film in October next year. There are also talks that A.R.Rahman would be composing music for this project. Ghai and Salman had worked together earlier in Yuvvraaj in 2008 but the film unfortunately bombed at the B.O.

Confirming the same Ghai says, "Yes Salman has agreed to do the film, but right now I prefer keeping thing under wraps, all I can say is that it's going to be a big budgeted action entertainer, that I will direct myself while three other writers of mine are completing the script. As for the actress I will decide that only when the final script is ready."

Aamir's Talaash with Shah Rukh's Don 2

Guess this would be one of those rare scenarios where audience would be able to see Aamir Khan along with Shah Rukh Khan at the same place. No, they are not coming together for a film. However Aamir's film Talaash would be making it's presence felt along with Shah Rukh's Don 2 since both films belong to the same production house.

"Yes, the First Look of Talaash would be attached to the prints of Don 2. It has been a call taken by producers Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. Shah Rukh as well as Aamir are fine with it. For audience, this would be nothing less than a double whammy of sorts since it would be for the first time anything related to Talaash would be showcased", informs out well informed source.

For last few months there have been immense speculations around the real plot of Talaash. Rumours have ranged from Aamir playing a cop to his spirit doing an investigation to Rani Mukerji playing his wife to Kareena enacting the character of a prostitute. However, the makers have chosen to stay mum all this while and are now using Don 2 as a platform to establish the real feel of the film.

"What also makes this further interesting is the fact that Shah Rukh and Aamir are also the co-producers along with Ritesh and Farhan on these respective films. Shah Rukh too is fine with promo of Aamir's film being attached to his Don 2. Moreover there hasn't been any real tension between Shah Rukh and Aamir even though latter is good pals with Salman", the source continues.

This also translates into the fact that the makers of Talaash are now actively kick-starting an active promotional campaign full six months in advance. Even though this dramatic thriller directed by Reema Kagti would arrive only in June next year, everyone associated with the film feel that it would be good to reveal at least a little bit about Talaash well in advance so that all speculations can be quashed.

On contacted, Ritesh confirmed the news. He said, "Talaash is the final title and we would be unveiling the film along with Don 2."

YRF launches production & financing outfit

Indiantelevision.com Team
(23 November 2011 12:11 pm)

MUMBAI: Yash Raj Films has launched a Hollywood-based production and financing company 'YRF Entertainment' that will focus on developing and producing feature films for the US and international marketplace.

The new venture will be headed by Uday Chopra, who will serve as CEO. Chopra has hired Jonathan Reiman to head the development and production team.

Chopra said, "My family has a deep commitment to making and distributing quality films that entertain and enlighten audiences. I share that passion, as well as a love for American films that I have had since childhood. It is that enthusiasm and my love of the creative process of filmmaking that drove me to start this new venture."

YRF Entertainment is currently producing and financing The Longest Week, the shooting of which commenced last week in New York City. Written and directed by Peter Glanz, the film, produced jointly by Uday Chopra and Neda Armian, stars Jason Bateman, Olivia Wilde and Billy Crudup.

The film tells the story of a bratty man-child (Bateman) who still lives with his parents in a chic Manhattan hotel but suddenly finds himself evicted, disinherited and hopelessly in love with his best friend's heartthrob.

After the original financier abandoned the film, Chopra tracked down the project and immediately fell in love with the material. He arranged a creative and physical production meeting with Glanz and Armian in Mumbai and after a lengthy meeting, he committed to making the film, with his business and legal team closing the deal in less than two weeks.

YRF Entertainment is also building a slew of projects that it will actively develop and produce, he said. The first project that the company will develop is an untitled action/comedy by Dan Ewen about two twenty-something's who run away from their podunk towns to pursue big dreams and become an unlikely but seemingly unstoppable duo after meeting serendipitously.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock