Bought Airtel XStream 4 New Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sri_ADTV
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 147
  • Views Views: Views 8,167
Hahaha so u mean if any company launches a feature or product and some person or child mistakenly presses wrong button then company is at fault for the same...what a brilliant logic.....anyways even if u by mistake add any channel then u can connect with customer care and they shall refund the amount + deactivate the channel tpoo....also if u request them they even creit back Idle Maintenance Fee / Resumption Fee after u recharge ur DTH Account which has remained suspended for many days/weeks
Bro my son added many channels mistakenly by pressing button on my xstream box ..I too on once activated star sports 1 hd mistakenly in place of star sports 1 hindi Hd ..I begged many time to customer care to deactivate the channels and refund but they straight forwardly denied that it is not in their hand and there is no provision to refund..

Previously when we click the add channel button on screen the screen,the cursor was directed to 'No' option by default and I have to move it to 'Yes' to activate the channel but since last 6 month approx they moved it to YES by default ..So my 6 years old son had added many channels by this..I was thinking to Upgrade my secondary connection to Xstream box but dropped the plan due to this issue.

Bro my son added many channels mistakenly by pressing button on my xstream box ..I too on once activated star sports 1 hd mistakenly in place of star sports 1 hindi Hd ..I begged many time to customer care to deactivate the channels and refund but they straight forwardly denied that it is not in their hand and there is no provision to refund..

Previously when we click the add channel button on screen the screen,the cursor was directed to 'No' option by default and I have to move it to 'Yes' to activate the channel but since last 6 month approx they moved it to YES by default ..So my 6 years old son had added many channels by this..I was thinking to Upgrade my secondary connection to Xstream box but dropped the plan due to this issue.
Airtel is doing it for quality service, offers, to lead the innovation race, lcn arrangements, to give you better HD and SD channel 's picture clarity, Dolby vision, 4 profile for favorite channel setting, best after sale service.... But definitely not for profit ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Airtel is doing it for quality service, offers, to lead the innovation race, lcn arrangements, to give you better HD and SD channel 's picture clarity, Dolby vision, 4 profile for favorite channel setting, best after sale service.... But definitely not for profit ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
Bro they have put a trap on customers..They have put lock-in period,also no unsubscribed channels skip option and selection of Yes option by default on screen of xstream box..So it's a full proof trap or I may call it unfair practice to increase ARPU..(I would say ATMOST RECOVERY PER USER)
I am not against lock-in period as I know here in India people are smart as they subscribe the channel to watch favourite show or like sports for a day and deactivate the channel after it gets over..there is certainly loss to dth as well as broadcaster but here my personal suggestion is that they must have given a GRACE/MISTAKE CORRECTION period of atleast 10-15 minutes after the activation of channel to correct the mistake for those people who have activated the channel by mistake and after this period they should have applied lock-in for the channel.

Last edited:
Bro they have put a trap on customers..They have put lock-in period,also no unsubscribed channels skip option and selection of Yes option by default on screen of xstream box..So it's a full proof trap or I may call it unfair practice to increase ARPU..(I would say ATMOST RECOVERY PER USER)
I am not against lock-in period as I know here in India people are smart as they subscribe the channel to watch favourite show or like sports for a day and deactivate the channel after it gets over..there is certainly loss to dth as well as broadcaster but here my personal suggestion is that they must have given a GRACE/MISTAKE CORRECTION period of atleast 10-15 minutes after the activation of channel to correct the mistake for those people who have activated the channel by mistake and after this period they should have applied lock-in for the channel.
I knew, it is a trap. In 2g phone era they activated dialer / caller tune if a subscriber pressed wrong button unknowingly. In India, people are smart but not TRAI.

Last edited:

Buddy please read my posts again....i agree that they need to bring a lock or authentication system to resolve the issue of customers accidentally adding channels using XStream Box Remote Control but what i disagree with it is that certain members like @BtheSTAR @murali_reddy219 are infact not understanding or maybe deliberately attributing wrong motive for Airtel providing this feature on its XStream..... Fact is that companies provide various services / features and people use them while also make mistakes using them but to just accuse the company of being greedy and having malicious intent without any actual reasoning to believe so is not only incorrect but completely wrong too....... Yes a service / feature may have flaws causing issues so point is to address the same rather than simply making sweeping statements which completely reject the good use of that feature/ option

But for who? It is for subscribers not for Airtel. This feature /service empty the pocket of subscribers and increase Airtel 's ARPU.

So u r saying that there will be millions of customers activating channels using this feature by mistake and as there is lock in period of 30 days for a la carte chs hence Airtel will earn lots of money.....if this is ur interpretation then sorry but u r entirely wrong..... Around 15 to 20% of the entire subscriber base of Airtel Digital TV would be having XStream Box and of these only few would make such mistake and even when they do Airtel will refund the money deducted if u raise request by connecting with their customer care.

Also main ARPU driver for users of Smart Android Boxes is not just channels added via A La Carte which is minuscule % subscribed but various other bouquets + OTT subscriptions + services like broadband / mobile etc opted for by customers in combo plans..... To top it all DTH operators earn lot more from various other sources like ads (regular ads on home chs + banner ads + boot screen ads), carriage fee revenues etc but at the same time there r huge expenses involved in running DTH business right from setting up + operating a broadcast cente, leasing transponders on satellite, salaries to employees, buying equipments which r then sold to customers at highly subsidised rates which is why operators give discounts on long term offers so that this cost can be absorbed in upfront payment which they may even use to invest in some schemes and earn interet on it or u see that certain lock in clauses for mandatory subscription to certain limited bouquets or mandatory recharge is there while buying connections in various schemes and lastly operators prefer customers opting for Long Duration Packs to maximise ARPU and minimise losses incurred thru churn in subscriber base

Here is the Dolby Vision option listed under Display Settings on my XStream Box 001 variant.....my TV is basic LG LED TV hence it does not support this feature which is why i am unable to enable the same
@dino29 I am not supporting or against anyone here.You yourself saying that you didn't have a tv supporting Dolby vision. The people here complaining are saying that they have tv with Dolby vision but xstrem box is not supporting that format.They are stating the facts based on their own experience which is valid.But you are speaking against them by your assumptions since you didn't have a TV which supports that format. Please don't mislead the forum by your assumptions.

Last edited:
So u r saying that there will be millions of customers activating channels using this feature by mistake and as there is lock in period of 30 days for a la carte chs hence Airtel will earn lots of money.....if this is ur interpretation then sorry but u r entirely wrong..... Around 15 to 20% of the entire subscriber base of Airtel Digital TV would be having XStream Box and of these only few would make such mistake and even when they do Airtel will refund the money deducted if u raise request by connecting with their customer care.

Also main ARPU driver for users of Smart Android Boxes is not just channels added via A La Carte which is minuscule % subscribed but various other bouquets + OTT subscriptions + services like broadband / mobile etc opted for by customers in combo plans..... To top it all DTH operators earn lot more from various other sources like ads (regular ads on home chs + banner ads + boot screen ads), carriage fee revenues etc but at the same time there r huge expenses involved in running DTH business right from setting up + operating a broadcast cente, leasing transponders on satellite, salaries to employees, buying equipments which r then sold to customers at highly subsidised rates which is why operators give discounts on long term offers so that this cost can be absorbed in upfront payment which they may even use to invest in some schemes and earn interet on it or u see that certain lock in clauses for mandatory subscription to certain limited bouquets or mandatory recharge is there while buying connections in various schemes and lastly operators prefer customers opting for Long Duration Packs to maximise ARPU and minimise losses incurred thru churn in subscriber base
@dino29 เฎšเฎฟเฎฑเฏ เฎคเฏเฎณเฏเฎณเฎฟ เฎชเฏ†เฎฐเฏ เฎตเฏ†เฎณเฏเฎณเฎฎเฏ meaning Little drops of water make a mighty ocean.

Back
Top Bottom