Bought Airtel XStream 4 New Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sri_ADTV
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 147
  • Views Views: Views 8,167
Already told that Airtel provides 4 profiles for saving favourite chs and in total 80 chs can be saved...dedicated LCN might be allocated post LCN Realignment ..... It has nothing to do with tech related limitation

Lock In period is again a policy decision and nothing to do with technology....it has been done to improve ARPU and as such almost 90 to 95% people subscribe to DPO Bouquets hence adverse impact of the same on customers is not that much...having said that i support this policy being discontinued.... Main focus is to increase ARPU which helps operator improve service quality + offerings which is why Airtel is performimg exceedingly well in DTH / Broadband / Mobile businesses as their policies r designed to best address challenges which r there in respective business segment

Subscribe chs via remote on XStream Box is again a tech innovation adopted but yes they need to bring lock or authentication feature so as to not let channels be added accidentally

On Airtel App and XStream Play android app various improvements have been made in last 4 years...more will be done soon
Lock in period is a policy to earn subscriber's money. Main focus is to increase ARPU by adding channels by subscriber's mistake. Subscribing a channel via remote is not a tech innovation, it is used for increasing ARPU. Performing exceedingly well🤦🏻 All things are for increasing ARPU not for service quality + offerings .

Last edited:
Exactly Fav system is must in basic dth , which is missing in only Airtel , everytime me and my parents struggling to change the channel and gets irritates why we choose Airtel .
Also this month again my father added one more channel by mistake , and couldn't able to remove it for one month as only airtel has lock in period of 1 month for a la carte system.
Really it irritates why we choose Airtel dth
If you can set favourite channel list, you will scroll up and down channels only through this list then how Airtel will add a channel by your mistake and how Airtel will increase it's ARPU. All of you understand?

You r posting snapshot of information listed for a movie on Netflix and stating that Airtel XStream Box does not support Dolby Vision.....this does not prove anything anna.....check under settings u will see Dolby Vision option and if content being played supports this format and ur TV is compatible with it then this feature will be available if turned on.

Also please note many App content providers give selected content in HDR, Dolby formats on Apps designed for various platforms like DTH Smart Boxes so it is not necessary that a movie available in Dolby Vision on Netflix Android TV App is available in same format on Netflix App designed for Airtel XStream or Tata Play Binge Box

Adei! Kaathal Pagalin Pandhu! (Means Dear Boy)

My Concern Is I'm Not Getting Neither Dolby Vision Nor HDR On Contents Which I'm Watching On OTTs,

I Don't Care If Airtel Showing Some Dummy Settings Under Their Settings Option!

Now Tell Me,

Why On Airtel XStream 1 Box, I'm Unable To Watch Dolby Vision Or HDR Enabled Contents?

Adei! Kaathal Pagalin Pandhu! (Means Dear Boy)

My Concern Is I'm Not Getting Neither Dolby Vision Nor HDR On Contents Which I'm Watching On OTTs,

I Don't Care If Airtel Showing Some Dummy Settings Under Their Settings Option!

Now Tell Me,

Why On Airtel XStream 1 Box, I'm Unable To Watch Dolby Vision Or HDR Enabled Contents?

Already answered the question u asked in last line. Refer to 2nd para in the post quoted below
You r posting snapshot of information listed for a movie on Netflix and stating that Airtel XStream Box does not support Dolby Vision.....this does not prove anything anna.....check under settings u will see Dolby Vision option and if content being played supports this format and ur TV is compatible with it then this feature will be available if turned on.

Also please note many App content providers give selected content in HDR, Dolby formats on Apps designed for various platforms like DTH Smart Boxes so it is not necessary that a movie available in Dolby Vision on Netflix Android TV App is available in same format on Netflix App designed for Airtel XStream or Tata Play Binge Box

Now that i have shared proof that Dolby Vision option is indeed listed under display settings tab on Airtel XStream Box still u r not ready to accept that.....anyways had my TV been HDR , Dolby Vision format compatible then i would have even posted snapshots these these options enabled on my box and Content playing on TV

After having seen snapshots from Xstream Box-003 of @Sri_ADTV , i myself posting snapshot of Dolby Vision option available on Xstream-001 box and even skyworth/technicolor/aviva mentioning on their site that Airtel XStream Smart Android Boxes support Dolby Vision and host of other audio+video formats still if u r not convinced or ready to accept that u r wrong then sorry anna but u can continue to have an incorrect assumption about the same but that will not be considered truthful

If you can set favourite channel list, you will scroll up and down channels only through this list then how Airtel will add a channel by your mistake and how Airtel will increase it's ARPU. All of you understand?
Hahaha so u mean if any company launches a feature or product and some person or child mistakenly presses wrong button then company is at fault for the same...what a brilliant logic.....anyways even if u by mistake add any channel then u can connect with customer care and they shall refund the amount + deactivate the channel tpoo....also if u request them they even creit back Idle Maintenance Fee / Resumption Fee after u recharge ur DTH Account which has remained suspended for many days/weeks

😆😆😆🤣🤣😂😂😅😅😆😆

Then Why The Hell, I Sbould Buy XStream Box 1?

If I Can't Enjoy, What I Deserve?

Where As I'm Already Getting HDR On Other XStream Boxes And Dolby Vision On DTH Boxes!

😆😆😆🤣🤣😂😂😅😅😆😆

Then Why The Hell, I Sbould Buy XStream Box 1?

If I Can't Enjoy, What I Deserve?

Where As I'm Already Getting HDR On Other XStream Boxes And Dolby Vision On DTH Boxes!

Across all Airtel XStream Box models u will get HDR, Dolby Vision and all other features but what i am stating is that certain OTT Apps do not provide some of the content in these formats on Apps designed for DTH Smart Boxes while at the same time on some occasions due to certain technical/compatibility issues too certain OTT platforms App versions made available for DTH Smart Boxes do not support some of these formats which get addressed later on...... So there would be lot of content available in HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Digital /Atmos format available on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix,,Disney+Hotstar App desinged for Airtel XStream Smart Android Box but if u compare the difference in certain content available in XYZ format on Android TV App of these platforms vs Apps of these platforms designed for DTH Smart Android Boxes then u will definitely see variations , this applies to all operators be it Airtel, Tata Play, Dish d2h, Sun Direct Smart Boxes and again here too u will find differences

Hahaha so u mean if any company launches a feature or product and some person or child mistakenly presses wrong button then company is at fault for the same...what a brilliant logic.....anyways even if u by mistake add any channel then u can connect with customer care and they shall refund the amount + deactivate the channel tpoo....also if u request them they even creit back Idle Maintenance Fee / Resumption Fee after u recharge ur DTH Account which has remained suspended for many days/weeks
No company in the world (except airtel) will provide a feature just click and activate channels and stole money from public even without their knowledge.
My Father activated till 3 times and none of the time CC refunded the amount.

Last edited:
Thanks for accepting Airtel's business strategy. So Airtel knows someone will press the wrong button mistakenly. Compared to other DTH service providers Airtel is LEADING THE INNOVATION race to increase ARPU.

Across all Airtel XStream Box models u will get HDR, Dolby Vision and all other features but what i am stating is that certain OTT Apps do not provide some of the content in these formats on Apps designed for DTH Smart Boxes while at the same time on some occasions due to certain technical/compatibility issues too certain OTT platforms App versions made available for DTH Smart Boxes do not support some of these formats which get addressed later on...... So there would be lot of content available in HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Digital /Atmos format available on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix,,Disney+Hotstar App desinged for Airtel XStream Smart Android Box but if u compare the difference in certain content available in XYZ format on Android TV App of these platforms vs Apps of these platforms designed for DTH Smart Android Boxes then u will definitely see variations , this applies to all operators be it Airtel, Tata Play, Dish d2h, Sun Direct Smart Boxes and again here too u will find differences
brahmi-king.gif

🥶🥶🥶

Back
Top Bottom