Bought Airtel XStream 4 New Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sri_ADTV
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 147
  • Views Views: Views 8,167
Here is the Dolby Vision option listed under Display Settings on my XStream Box 001 variant.....my TV is basic LG LED TV hence it does not support this feature which is why i am unable to enable the same

Last edited by a moderator:
And if I remember this happens with a single click rather than any confirmation dialog like binge+ and worst part is the channel goes into lock-in for 30 days and many people think we will remove at the end of the month but eventually many forget thanks to the messy app and they end up paying for 30 days + additional days
It is Airtel's business strategy. This is how they earning profit.

If u count such small shortcomings then i can list out several of ur favorite brand Tata Play tooo.....anyways atleast Airtel is trying to bring onboard new tech advancements at fast pace and resolving issues / shortcomings so most of these things will be addressed soon...... Just somehow trying to showcase Airtel in negative light is no use, they provide great services which is why they r seeing growth in business
"bring onboard new tech advancements at fast pace and resolving issues / shortcomings"

So far I know below issues are there from years -

No proper fav system
Lockin period
Accidentally subscribe channels
Poor mobile app

These are the main issues which were never fixed, so if you saying they have fixed many issues and shortcomingsat fast pace I wonder what were those hidden bugs which were fixed or what did I miss 🤔

"bring onboard new tech advancements at fast pace and resolving issues / shortcomings"

No proper fav system
Lockin period
Poor mobile app

These are the main issues which were never fixed, so if you saying they have fixed many issues and shortcomingsat fast pace I wonder what were those hidden bugs which were fixed or what did I miss 🤔
Airtel won't fix any issue, rather will point other dth issues and showcase Airtel is better than other DTHs,
Pritty straight forward, Airtel no where near to D2h's PQ, D2h fav . channel list arrangement, adding / removing channels in easy way (without lock-in period).
Till now , i havn't posted any thing about D2h section, even though there log of members

If u count such small shortcomings then i can list out several of ur favorite brand Tata Play tooo.....anyways atleast Airtel is trying to bring onboard new tech advancements at fast pace and resolving issues / shortcomings so most of these things will be addressed soon...... Just somehow trying to showcase Airtel in negative light is no use, they provide great services which is why they r seeing growth in business
I have no favorite brand and nowadays Tata Play is nightmare(no dolby audio in HD stb, pack price increasing... etc. But Airtel's new tech advancements..... oh no... don't make me laugh. Fast pace resolving issues. Again a funny thing. Call Airtel's customer care. You will understand., and I have listed out GREAT service, strategy for business growth

No proper fav system
Lockin period
Poor mobile app

Already told that Airtel provides 4 profiles for saving favourite chs and in total 80 chs can be saved...dedicated LCN might be allocated post LCN Realignment ..... It has nothing to do with tech related limitation

Lock In period is again a policy decision and nothing to do with technology....it has been done to improve ARPU and as such almost 90 to 95% people subscribe to DPO Bouquets hence adverse impact of the same on customers is not that much...having said that i support this policy being discontinued.... Main focus is to increase ARPU which helps operator improve service quality + offerings which is why Airtel is performimg exceedingly well in DTH / Broadband / Mobile businesses as their policies r designed to best address challenges which r there in respective business segment

Subscribe chs via remote on XStream Box is again a tech innovation adopted but yes they need to bring lock or authentication feature so as to not let channels be added accidentally

On Airtel App and XStream Play android app various improvements have been made in last 4 years...more will be done soon

Airtel won't fix any issue, rather will point other dth issues and showcase Airtel is better than other DTHs,
Pritty straight forward, Airtel no where near to D2h's PQ, D2h fav . channel list arrangement, adding / removing channels in easy way (without lock-in period).
Till now , i havn't posted any thing about D2h section, even though there log of members

D2h provides very less channels hence can allot more bandwidth per channel so picture quality might be somewhat better on some channels but again i still feel Airtel Digital TV provides Picture + Excellent Audio Quality across its channels

D2h stream box does not even have 4L compatibility and there r various other shortcomings in it and also in its regular HD Product / Service offerings

Picture link related to Dolby Vision being available on XStream Box -001 variant has been added in my above post

Back
Top Bottom