D2H Supports NTSC TVs?

Jerome.J said:
If you are leaving forever......no customs duty....else you will be charged at an amount based on the screen size (same for led and lcd)....customs have a price list in indian rupees based on screen size not depend on brand....for 40 inch screen....avg price in India is near 40,000-50,000......Customs duty at 30%......you have to pay near 12000-15000 Indian rupees only for duty....Carry the bill along with you...it may help you if any problems occur in fixing duty ........

Thanks Jerome... So, that means the tax is calculated based on the product price in India, that's bad.. :( cos I bought this TV for 300$ and was thinking I need to pay 30% of this amount in Indian Rupees which comes to around 4 to 5k only. Let me see, I will carry the receipt also if that would be useful.

Zero7 said:
@Dreamlover: Most probably you will need a voltage converter as well. If your TV specifies 110-240VAC input, you don't need a converter. Else, you must put a converter. If you are going to use the TV in Bangalore, use Raksha make converter (220-100V, 500W ~Rs.1,200), it is light weight and better quality. I think it uses toroidal transformer and not the regular transformer.

I am using 1KW converter as it needs to power 46 LCD, Onkyo HTR and Nintendo Wii. I was using 500W one and it started smelling, when everything was being used at same time..

Thanks Zero7. Any D2H in particular which would be compatible with Westinghouse TV? BTW my TV model is UN40T2BW which I bought in 2012. Which TV model did you use?

DreamLover said:
Thanks Jerome... So, that means the tax is calculated based on the product price in India, that's bad.. :( cos I bought this TV for 300$ and was thinking I need to pay 30% of this amount in Indian Rupees which comes to around 4 to 5k only. Let me see, I will carry the receipt also if that would be useful.

As it's near 18000 INR that's below 25000, you may escape from customs duty:tup.....all depends on customs officers attitude....Two important links for you...must read it.....40inch led tv for 300$ it's great:);)

How I Bought A 46 Inch LED 3D Smart TV To India

Best Way To Deal With NTSC to PAL Converters In India

I switched to Videocon HD DVR 1000GB as it was the only one model which supported my US Samsung LCD. I observed even the Videocon D2h 500GB HD DVR did not support my TV even though it had option of 1080i 60Hz. Airtel, Tatasky didn't work for me. Someone should share how is their experience of viewing using NTSC converter.

Out of these discussions, can anybody please which one I set in my Samsung 3d TV with d2h. My TV supports 1080i/50hz and 1080i/60i. Which one should I set for better picture?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock