General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,187
Remarkable speed to orbit for SES-9

SES-9 is a huge communications satellite and its primary mission is to provide DTH signals over India,South Asia and Indonesia. It was only launched on March 5th (on a Falcon-9 rocket by SpaceX) and is already in orbit, and being fully tested prior to being located in its final orbital position (at 108.2 deg East).

SES-9 will replace NSS-11, and as well as replacement capacity it also brings considerable expansion – and more powerful – transponders to its coverage. As well as DTH transmissions, the existing SES client list includes Data and Video traffic, and VSAT. SES-9 also has two powerful Maritime beams to aid clients.

Deepak Mathur (SVP/Asia-Pacific & ME, at SES) happily gave full credit to SpaceX for helping deliver SES-9 to a “superb transfer orbit, and it looks like saving more than four weeks, perhaps more, over the expected three-to-four months that is normal for an all-electric satellite. Even better is that the electric thrusters themselves have given us about a 10 per cent improvement on the journey. I am super-excited by this new satellite. It has been 3.5 years since design and we cannot wait to get it into position.”

Remarkable speed to orbit for SES-9 |

SES-9 thrusters were idle for last 10 days after reaching geostationary orbit so great to hear confirmation that testing has already started from 113 east itself. These few days have not been wasted. Testing can take how much ever days they decide. We will know it's over when the satellite begins moving again.

so satellite is now at 113°E and testing already started. after successful testing period, it will again move towards the final destination i.e, 108.2°E.

Let's say, if you call ADTV Technican and ask him to change the location of Dish which took almost 1 hr, how much should they charge?

Ps: They did use 2 cable connectors extra nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom