General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,186
kumarvishwas said:
Remarkable speed to orbit for SES-9

SES-9 is a huge communications satellite and its primary mission is to provide DTH signals over India,South Asia and Indonesia. It was only launched on March 5th (on a Falcon-9 rocket by SpaceX) and is already in orbit, and being fully tested prior to being located in its final orbital position (at 108.2 deg East).

SES-9 will replace NSS-11, and as well as replacement capacity it also brings considerable expansion – and more powerful – transponders to its coverage. As well as DTH transmissions, the existing SES client list includes Data and Video traffic, and VSAT. SES-9 also has two powerful Maritime beams to aid clients.

Deepak Mathur (SVP/Asia-Pacific & ME, at SES) happily gave full credit to SpaceX for helping deliver SES-9 to a “superb transfer orbit, and it looks like saving more than four weeks, perhaps more, over the expected three-to-four months that is normal for an all-electric satellite. Even better is that the electric thrusters themselves have given us about a 10 per cent improvement on the journey. I am super-excited by this new satellite. It has been 3.5 years since design and we cannot wait to get it into position.”

Remarkable speed to orbit for SES-9 |

Drake said:
Like I said a few days ago, I was getting No Signal in some channels like BIG MAGIC, EPIC and I even started getting No Signal error in other normal channels every now and then.

So, I call'd the technician directly and 2 guys came. First they tried aligning the Dish but no luck. After trying for say 10-15 mins they told me that the location needs to changed to which I agreed. Then they removed the dish, brackets and fixed every thing in other location. I gave them spare 1 m wires which I had with me as the existing wires wasn't enough so they added connectors to join old and new wires.

This entire installation took almost 1hr including fixing aligning etc and they charged me Rs. 500

So, technically I got looted right?

so did u get d signals, eventually :huh

regarding, rs500.... yes bro. u got looted. :shy

I deactivated my HD Plus in an attempt to activate previous 2 HD Super Sunday offer Romedy Now and SMS HD through missed call. (I was getting an error that the channels was already subscribed when HD plus was active). Unfortunately the number now activates another offer -Star Gold HD Movie Premiere Topup May-16 Rs.10 which activated Star Gold HD for Rs.10 upfront. I also activated the new 15 day free retention topup which is different based on your home state. For me it was the Ker 15 day free retention topup and after activating receive History HD, Ten HD and Manorama HD.

iphifi said:
I deactivated my HD Plus in an attempt to activate previous 2 HD Super Sunday offer Romedy Now and SMS HD through missed call. (I was getting an error that the channels was already subscribed when HD plus was active). Unfortunately the number now activates another offer -Star Gold HD Movie Premiere Topup May-16 Rs.10 which activated Star Gold HD for Rs.10 upfront. I also activated the new 15 day free retention topup which is different based on your home state. For me it was the Ker 15 day free retention topup and after activating receive History HD, Ten HD and Manorama HD.

In retention topup u r getting 3hd??

Sent from my GT-P3100

Optimus_Prime said:
In retention topup u r getting 3hd??

Sent from my GT-P3100

Yup. Maybe Asianet HD is also part of this. So could be 4 also. Anyway the DBR of this is Rs.3 after 15 days but it's listed as Rs.1 in subscribed topup. Have to call cc to figure out exactly what's going on.

iphifi said:
Yup. Maybe Asianet HD is also part of this. So could be 4 also. Anyway the DBR of this is Rs.3 after 15 days but it's listed as Rs.1 in subscribed topup. Have to call cc to figure out exactly what's going on.
Can you deactivate it after 15 days free period??

Sent from my GT-P3100

Just want to clarify it's 4 HD channels. Star Movies HD also is activated along with Ten HD, History HD and Manorama. The channels will be different for different regions like old topups.

Optimus_Prime said:
Can you deactivate it after 15 days free period??

Sent from my GT-P3100

Lock in period is only 1 day. Tried to deactivate and got sms.

Back
Top Bottom