General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,769
  • Views Views: Views 4,015,402
cruise712 said:
Fyi: i used a tata sky transfer+ box for a month before i changed to airtel due to the above mentioned reasons Previously i was using dish tv but changed due to lack dd sound.

So what did you do of the Transfer Box ? :shy :huh

cruise712 said:
Hi,
I am a new member here. Wanted to give my 2 cents on airtel hd dth.
Talking about clarity on Hd channels, i feel airtel is way ahead of tata sky. Even dish tv offers better clarity on hd channels compard to tata sky. I see pixel in moving pictures on tata sky hd channels and also less sharpness. Softness on the picture in hd is more.Feeling tata sky is compressing more. tata sky is over hyped just because they are adding more hd channels.
Audio wise, i feel airtel gives better dolby quality compared to tata sky in my pioneer home theater. Tata sky sound is more bassy and less clarity.
Fyi: i used a tata sky transfer+ box for a month before i changed to airtel due to the above mentioned reasons Previously i was using dish tv but changed due to lack dd sound.
Overall i feel airtel is superior in both hd picture ans sound quality.

You should have to check your tv or HDMI cable as I never get pixels on hd channels in ts :no also adtv is compressing more compare to ts :k

ABCDEFGH said:
So what did you do of the Transfer Box ?  :shy  :huh

I have spoken with the guy who installed airtel connection. He told he would sell it at a good rate. Waiting to get a good deal. Have quoted Rs 7000

cruise712 said:
I have spoken with the guy who installed airtel connection. He told he would sell it at a good rate. Waiting to get a good deal. Have quoted Rs 7000

What's your location ?

Rushil.D said:
You should have to check your tv or HDMI cable as I never get pixels on hd channels in ts :no also adtv is compressing more compare to ts :k

I have used the same input for all the connection(same hdmi cable and no change in tv setting) . The pixels are obviously visible in tatasky hd channels. I am not sure, if you have an eye for detail(probably videophile is the term) then you might notice. I can sure shot see pixels when we have scenes in which the camera moves even a slight bit. One thing is sure: picture is very soft in tatasky where as sharpness is more in airtel , sundirect and dishtv.( have used all these connection for the past 4 years). Not sure if anyone else notices this.

cruise712 said:
I have used the same input for all the connection(same hdmi cable and no change in tv setting) . The pixels are obviously visible in tatasky hd channels. I am not sure, if you have an eye for detail(probably videophile is the term) then you might notice. I can sure shot see pixels when we have scenes in which the camera moves even a slight bit. One thing is sure: picture is very soft in tatasky where as sharpness is more in airtel , sundirect and dishtv.( have used all these connection for the past 4 years). Not sure if anyone else notices this.

Me to using both dth and till now didn't find any difference in hd pq of both dth :k for me both dth adtv and ts have same hd pq :k

And about pixel issue I seriously doubt as I am hearing first time that ts hd channels have pixel issue :u

But how much signal strength you used to have ? :Huh also since when you had used ts hd ? :Huh

Rushil.D said:
Me to using both dth and till now didn't find any difference in hd pq of both dth :k for me both dth adtv and ts have same hd pq :k

And about pixel issue I seriously doubt as I am hearing first time that ts hd channels have pixel issue :u

But how much signal strength you used to have ? :Huh also since when you had used ts hd ? :Huh

Also he said dish tv :hd quality is better than Tata Sky ...:shy I think now you got his level of watching...:shy :lol

Rushil.D said:

When i installed ts, i made sure signal quality is 90% and strength above 80%. Ts i was using less than a month. June 2016. Looks like a waste investment of 9300 Rs. 
My tv is a Sony 46 inch and home theatre is pioneer receiver htp-072 and Rs-33 Tb speakers.

Back
Top Bottom