General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,770
  • Views Views: Views 4,015,867
rajkumar999 said:
HI friends,
please ,i need some clear explanation and difference of my following query.

**** What is the Main difference in having 2 different airtel connections with 2 different STBs & IDs
and
having airtel 1st connection & 2nd connection on same ID *****

what are the benefits and losses?

i have 1 HD DVR and 1 SD DVR.( 1 is- HD DVR regular monthly connection & other SD DVR is 6+6 (1 year) offer)
planning to upgrade SD DVR to HD DVR for the price of 2449 Rs +200 service charge.
so is it good to have 2 different connections .
OR am I losing any benefits  of not having like 2nd connection etc.

please give as much  clear explanation as you can.
thanks to all friends ;)

Using the 2ndary connection have some benefits like If you re subscribed to whatever pack in the 1st connection, you ll get the same pack in secondary connection for Rs 251 for Hd & Rs 229 for sd. If you have 2 different connections you won't get that offer. for example if you ve subscribed to Mega 42 HD pack in the primary connection the same pack with hd channels you'll get it for Rs 251 in the secondary connection of same Id.

@ramkumar bro -- if you have two hd dvr stb in same id means you will pay only 250/m (270/m from 6th september) for ur 2nd stb connection in any monthly package respect to ur monthly package in 1st stb connection .. If you have different id in different stb means you must pay ordinary monthly package cost for both stb's .. So you will be get extra benfit in same customer id in diff.stb's :) ..

Telugu top up price hiked
f59f0e2ac6b2ec6f1e082304462a31f3.jpg

deemah786 said:
Using the 2ndary connection have some benefits like If you re subscribed to whatever pack in the 1st connection, you ll get the same pack in secondary connection for Rs 251 for Hd & Rs 229 for sd. If you have 2 different connections you won't get that offer. for example if you ve subscribed to Mega 42 HD pack in the primary connection the same pack with hd channels you'll get it for Rs 251 in the secondary connection of same Id.

Sai Jai said:
@ramkumar bro -- if you have two hd dvr stb in same id means you will pay only 250/m (270/m from 6th september) for ur 2nd stb connection in any monthly package respect to ur monthly package in 1st stb connection .. If you have different id in different stb means you must pay ordinary monthly package cost for both stb's .. So you will be get extra benfit in same customer id in diff.stb's :) ..

ok thanks for the replies.

as i said i have 1 HD DVR connection (monthly paying Total nearly 570Rs ---- south max HD 249 Rs+ some south top up of 270+ rs)

and 2nd SD DVR is in offer 6+6 months , that ends in January 2017
so now i am planning to upgrade this SD DVR to HD DVR for the price of 2649 RS(2449+200)

can i make this 2nd HD DVR (after upgradation) as 2nd connection for the 1 HD DVR.
can they convert this connection as 2nd connection after i change to HD DVR??

which is more benefit for me??

may i change this 2nd HD DVR as second connection??
because i already paid for this till 2017 so even if i active HD pack separately it costs 249 Rs
as second connection also i need to pay 251 Rs.

or after getting New HD DVR, may i make second connection to 1 st HD DVR and use that HD DVR

and buy some used STB for less price and use it for my 2nd ID???

little bit confusing in explanation from my side.

but i mean after upgrading sd dvr to HD DVR with 1 ID, can i use that HD DVR STB as 2nd connection to other ID
i mean i am upgrading sd dvr to HD DVR with " B " customer ID, can i use that HD DVR STB as 2nd connection to "A" customer ID???

rajkumar999 said:
ok thanks for the replies.

as i said i have 1 HD DVR connection (monthly paying Total nearly 570Rs ---- south max HD 249 Rs+ some south top up of 270+ rs)

and 2nd SD DVR is in offer 6+6 months , that ends in January 2017
so now i am planning to upgrade this SD DVR to HD DVR for the price of 2649 RS(2449+200)

can i make this 2nd HD DVR (after upgradation) as 2nd connection for the 1 HD DVR.
can they convert this connection as 2nd connection after i change to HD DVR??

which is more benefit for me??

may i change this 2nd HD DVR as second connection??
because i already paid for this till 2017 so even if i active HD pack separately it costs 249 Rs
as second connection also i need to pay 251 Rs.

or after getting New HD DVR, may i make second connection to 1 st HD DVR and use that HD DVR

and buy some used STB for less price and use it for my 2nd ID???

little bit confusing in explanation from my side.

but i mean after upgrading sd dvr to HD DVR with 1 ID, can i use that HD DVR STB as 2nd connection to other ID
i mean i am upgrading sd dvr to HD DVR with " B " customer ID, can i use that HD DVR STB as 2nd connection to "A" customer ID???

I'd advise you to sell your SD DVR setup and tell ADTV CC to issue an HD DVR as 2nd Connection on your 1st HD DVR CC ID.

bro, iam getting new hd dvr with 1 year warranty of cost 7000 Rs for 2600 in exchange, i think it is not good idea to sell this sd dvr to 3rd party.

Drake said:
I'd advise you to sell your SD DVR setup and tell ADTV CC to issue an HD DVR as 2nd Connection on your 1st HD DVR CC ID.

as you said, what is the cost for getting 2nd connection? after getting 2nd connection.
 can i interchange STB s of this 2nd connection & other ID connection??

rajkumar999 said:
as you said, what is the cost for getting 2nd connection? after getting 2nd connection.
 can i interchange STB s of this 2nd connection & other ID connection??

Bro you better call CC and ask about the price. I don't think anybody here took DVR from Airtel for 2nd Connection so no idea about the cost.

Also, yes you will get HD DVR for less amount if you exchange your old SD DVR but you will have to pay full package amount every month.

See, you have two ADTV connections at home right? One is HD DVR and other one is SD DVR. Since both these connections have different ID's Airtel will treat them as Primary Connection and will not gonna merge ID's.

So, if you exchange your SD DVR you'll surely get HD DVR at Rs. 2600 but you have to pay full amount of whatever Base Pack you'll use in that ID. Lets assume that you have Mega Pack + Max HD (Rs. 681) activated in your present HD DVR ID and you want same channels in your 2nd HD DVR ID. In this case you'll end up paying 681+681 per month.

But if you buy HD DVR as 2nd Connection then you need to pay 681+270 per month. Even though you get good discount via exchange you'll end up paying way more in long run.

Back
Top Bottom