Good Picture quality of SD channels in HD box

Did the SD channel picture quality improved in HD Box with HDMI connection than the old composite v

• Greatly improved

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Small change

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Cannot determine

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No change

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Poor quality

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
sreekant said:
@ DishHD, In jenius-jatt post he never mention MP2 HD Setbox. All he said is HD Channels can also be in Mpeg-2. Don't confuse between settopbox, codecs & containers.

Yes Mr sreekant this is what i am meaning here why will some one create a Hd channel in MP2 format rather than MP4 and use double the bandwidth were has MP4 will even use less than the half Bandwidth which MP2 will use to broadcast a Hd channel. Only the most stupid human in this world will Broadcast a HD channel in MP2 rather than MP4 format which is made specially to play Hd Content with low bandwidth. Its just like some one wants to use Windows 98 instead of Windows 7 or windows 8 options are available.

jenius-jatt said:
@tatasky started to convert its Sd channel to MP4. ?

Answer is already in the previous post friend : (It doesn't make any difference may be the channel is in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 as these are format quality to compress Recorded data to save the band width)

Why are so angree we are just discussing according to our knowledge. The whole HD game depends upon Resolution not on compression and you know that, which I put in my previous post.Please read it twice so that you may under stand it properly.

Tata{sky is converting it to Mpeg-4 because every body wants to save band width and to increase the number of channels in its DTH platform. So at present MPEG-4 is the best option to save the band width.I am also surprise that why Tata{Sky has not taken this step before as it already have 12 TRANSPONDERS on Insat-4A at 83*East.

It can easily manage HD channels by converting some channels from Mpeg-2 to Mpeg-4 and the saves TP'S can be used for HD channels.So this is the benefit of Compression ok

Now what does the Mpeg-4 does is that it can spare more space whether it is on Hard disk or Transponder by compressing .Now suppose you have 100GB DATA in Mpeg-2 FORMAT and after converting it to Mpeg-4 You will surprise to see a huge space saving because of Compression.

But it doesn't mean you will get HD picture quality, Now HD contents first depend upon the Recording which again should be recorded by HD MOVIE CAMERA and after that you will get the real HD contents, I had never ever said that Mpeg-2 or Mpeg-4 can increase the quality,Neither I support for up scaling in channels. So I again request you to read it clearly what I had said in my previous posts thanks .

Brother jenius Jatt this is what i am saying from past few months in Dreamdth forums. I had already explained about H265 video codec the upgraded version of H264 means MP4 which will soon be released to play 4k and 8k video resolutions with low bandwidth consumption. Now for example Video codec H264 which is MP4 will consume alot of bandwidth to play 4k or 8k videos. Similarly MP4 was created to play 720p or 1080p video without using alot of bandwidth which MP2 used.

Why these Blu-ray movies uses MPEG-2 Codec? Please tell me. As per your comments MPEG-2 is outdated.

jptb.png

jq4w.png

ugw1.png

Re: RE: Good Picture quality of SD channels in HD box

sreekant said:
Why these Blu-ray movies uses MPEG-2 Codec? Please tell me. As per your comments MPEG-2 is outdated.

jptb.png

jq4w.png

ugw1.png

a very good question dat needs to be answered sensibly.

sreekant said:
@ DishHD, In jenius-jatt post he never mention MP2 HD Setbox. All he said is HD Channels can also be in Mpeg-2. Don't confuse between settopbox, codecs & containers.
Yes dear I am saying the same ,I never mention that Mpeg-2 Box can play the HD contents ,I simply say that the HD contents are in Mpeg-2 format also .If we can play HD into Mpeg-2 box than all friends should not have purchased the HD boxes ok.

So I've been doing a little more research into this subject and come to realize what I thought might be the case and as it (seems) to be the case, that H264 is being used mostly in the PAL region while HD-MPEG-2 (1080i/720p mostly) is being use in the NTSC region.

Now one more reason why we can't play Mpeg-2 HD contents in Mpeg-2 boxes,The Answer is its TUNER which is DVB-S2 Slandered and some Hardware changes which decode the provided information according to desired format + Resolutions.thanks

sreekant said:

jptb.png

jq4w.png

ugw1.png

Mr sreekant do you know what is a capacity of a single layer Bluray like and capacity of a dual layer disk. May b they are afraid of piracy if they make a disk in mp4 format instead of MP2 then it will become very small in size around 800 mb to 5 gb and peoples would easily upload the movie on internet, so to protect their Disk from being pirated may b thats why they had to put it in big sizes bluray disks and to make it difficult for movie hackerz to share that movie on internet or May b MP2 have better PQ compare to MP4 but here the question is about Satellite Content not a Bluray Disk. But remember one thing MP4 is the video Format which boosted the internet Industry bcoz after the introduction of mp4 the bandwidth of Videos became very small thats when sites like youtube made their name bcoz now they can upload and stream a video without using alot of bandwidth. Now on internet there are millions of videos, Movies available to stream or Download and 99% of that videos are in MP4 format and i dont think that 99% who use MP4 format are crazy or they all have 1 Gbps internet connection who can download a MP2 movie formats Bluray Disk in Seconds. Do you the meaning of Rips in movies it means converting a Movie from MP2 to MP4 to decrease the size of that movie from 25 or 50gb to 1 or 5 gb without Compressing the Picture quality. But the reality is that smart phone and MP4 video codec are the things which changed the Technology for ever.

I also want to add that every thing has its own MERITS & DEMERITS like :

The Equation goes like this: More the compression More we loos some what quality,Which can't be judge easily.

For Example: Some time a Decoder CHIP has to work more hard to Decompress the given DATA which make the channel freeze while even getting good signal ,Its all due to more Compression.But good chips means Good high End boxes handle that.

It is also seen some Boxes like cheap and best SOLID is capable of Handling low signal and it can lock the signal even 25%. :tup

Two things here(Quality and Compression). Source might be in mpeg-2 or mpeg-4. If you want in small size use mpeg-4 compression. That's what all these DTH companies are doing now to save bandwidth on transponders.

sreekant said:
Two things here(Quality and Compression). Source might be in mpeg-2 or mpeg-4. If you want in small size use mpeg-4 compression. That's what all these DTH companies are doing now to save bandwidth on transponders.
Yes dear business has its on slandered to earn money to attract people by giving more channels and at the spot it only can be done by Mpeg-4.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock