Is it possible to set default channel on startup on Dish Tv HD settop box

Kiran Reddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am using Dish tv HD connection at my home, I have one issue like whenever Settop box is restarted it goes back to default dishtv advertisement channel(I know its common on any settop. box). My grandparents find it very difficult to get back to telugu channels(starts at 1602 channel number) whenever there is powercut or tv is switched on for first time on that day.

Is there any setup or way to have dish settop box to start with channel of our choice on startup.

Thanks,
Kiran

The facility of when you turns set top box ON, automatically tunin to the channel which you viewed last time used to be available on dishtv in beginnin years. It's no longer available.so, currently it's necessary to tune that channel manually.

Rom1moR said:
The facility of when you turns set top box ON, automatically tunin to the channel which you viewed last time used to be available on dishtv in beginnin years. It's no longer available.

Oh ok.. thanks for the information.

Is there any way to goto particular channel with one button press?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you can reach that particular channel by pressin channel number or you can just press 100 for Hindi gec genr, 300 for Hindi movies genr, 450 for Hindi music, 500 for english genr, 540 for english movies genr, 600 for sports genr, 650 for news, 800 for infotainment so on.., you can use forward - backward keys to reach to the channel you want to watch once you reach that genr.

you can use 'prev' button
you will be redirected to previous channel that you were watching.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock