My setup

vishvish said:
well QB we can still concider this above dish as whole parabola , while its shape is not in oval shape , ? what you say ? while the prime focal lenth will be different

Keep four of them together so they touch each other and see if the outline makes a parabola, of course you may need to fill in the gaps, I have seen pictures of some guy actually welding together some offset dishes of similar size and making a prime focus dish to receive c-band

quickboy said:
vishvish said:
well QB we can still concider this above dish as whole parabola , while its shape is not in oval shape , ? what you say ? while the prime focal lenth will be different

Keep four of them together so they touch each other and see if the outline makes a parabola, of course you may need to fill in the gaps, I have seen pictures of some guy actually welding together some offset dishes of similar size and making a prime focus dish to receive c-band

well i agree with your view , but what i want to say is , this above dish by vikram , looks as perfect parabola perfect circle rather then ovel ( like offset normal dish )

here it is the depth of the dish is small , so the prime focus will be large , assume the JAMS dish looks like the same less depth

look here , well i agree that the feed comes into axis so less signal than offset dish but dosent effect on large prime dish's ,

rr.jpg

, i just arguing the theory , but in practical the dish size is less , so prime focus is not good

vishvish said:
quickboy said:
vishvish said:

well i agree with your view , but what i want to say is , this above dish by vikram , looks as perfect parabola perfect circle rather then ovel ( like offset normal dish )

here it is the depth of the dish is small , so the prime focus will be large , assume the JAMS dish looks like the same less depth

look here , well i agree that the feed comes into axis so less signal than offset dish but dosent effect on large prime dish's ,

rr.jpg

, i just arguing the theory , but in practical the dish size is less , so prime focus is not good

@vishwa,

It does not look circular on perimeter, Also think about the length of the focus, A four feet dish with three feet focal length, Does this look practical, and what is the f/d? 90/10=9, well the best c-band feeds i have seen is capable of 0.42 to 0.25, so make a feed capable of f/d =9? HOW?

Vikram said:
VM1Ew.jpg

This is my old shyam C band dish , When first time launched Doordarshan in india. Tv is Very costly @ this time and few houses.

THat looks a real stunner, where is the base ?

Did it come with an AZ/EL mount or polar ?

for the above dish given f/d, some calculations , i agree

f/D = 7.50
Focal Length = 9000.00 mm.
Illumination angle for feed = 7.6 degrees
Space attenuation = 0.01 dB
Desired taper = 9.99 db for 10 dB edge illumination
A simple feed horn would have a diameter of 15.77 wavelengths for a 3 dB beamwidth of 4.18 degrees
Gain at 50% efficiency = 31.02 dBi

vishvish said:

A simple feed horn would have a diameter of 15.77 wavelengths for a 3 dB beamwidth of 4.18 degrees

A good project, Best of luck,

quickboy said:
vishvish said:

A good project, Best of luck,

cool bro , i think you are questioning feedhorn daiameter?

vishvish said:
cool bro , i think you are questioning feedhorn daiameter?

Nope, I was thinking where to get one machined and at what cost ? :blush:

Qb and vishvish Please Tell me after calculation what is the Focal leanth Of my dish,
Also suggestion me which is better Focal length or prime focus
brq6o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock