My setup

Vikram as per given your dimensions of the dish

this calculation is for perfect parabola

the focal lenth will be 60 cm

and f/d ratio will be 0.50

but your dish have 3 inch more in vertical
so this dish is made for offset feed

why you want to make it as prime focus dish? Is there any thing problem in reciving signals?

vishvish said:

why you want to make it as prime focus dish? Is there any thing problem in reciving signals?
no any problem but want to try something new by this way :tup

Vikram said:
vishvish said:

I did point out that

no any problem but want to try something new by this way :tup

Ok Unless you try you will never know, Get ready to dirty your hands, Because the feed will definitely require modification, I think it needs to be thinner and longer, to get to that 0.5 f/d figure, (Well there is always the trusted Kitchen foil for Rs.45 per roll)

vikram you really want to try as prime ?

As qb said you have to do adjustment to the dish and feed ,

disadvantage are in a prime focus dish there is a blockage of signals by a lnb placed at center . So now your reflection area of 4 feet dish is reduced by atleast 7 inch (scalar daimeter).so now you use it as 3,1/2 feet dish

and your dish is 3 inch more in vertical .so your dish is not in perfect curvature of sphere or parabola so defnetly some of illumination part of the dish not focused to feed point . So now your dish becomes smaller reflector roughfly say another 6 inch .now your dish work as 90 cm dish . 4 feet dish as 3 feet dish .so for c band 3 feet dish will be nightmare

qb what you say my observations the above

Dont alter the orignal lnb arm .make your own think to point at center or extend the present arm to center .

Well i am out of home for two days , after gettin back we try some thing different

vishvish said:
arvikram you really want to try as prime ?

As qb said you have to do adjustment to the dish and feed ,

disadvantage are in a prime focus dish there is a blockage of signals by a lnb placed at center . So now your reflection area of 4 feet dish is reduced by atleast 7 inch (scalar daimeter).so now you use it as 3,1/2 feet dish

and your dish is 3 inch more in vertical .so your dish is not in perfect curvature of sphere or parabola so defnetly some of illumination part of the dish not focused to feed point . So now your dish becomes smaller reflector roughfly say another 6 inch .now your dish work as 90 cm dish . 4 feet dish as 3 feet dish .so for c band 3 feet dish will be nightme

qb what you say my observations the above

Dont alter the orignal lnb arm .make your own think to point at center or extend the present arm to center .

Well i am out of home for two days , after gettin back we try some thing different

sure never alter any fittings on that dish, Just keep them safe,

Since this is my-setup thread I think it will be nice to post a ss each of channels from each satellite

Asiasat-5
3cb7a281.jpg

24b4c605.jpg

88E-D2H TEST
6.jpg

Measat
SunDirect
897246b5.jpg

Big-tv
48effe7f.jpg

Innovation self-made sih base, It makes turning the dish around easy,
db04c93a.jpg

HO-TO-BIG-HO, 90sm dish V/S D2H normal dish
2b611c1d.jpg

Dish fitted on base
6f10d5e8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock