Discussion [POLL]Do you support the new tariff order of TRAI

Do you support the new tariff rule proposed by TRAI in cable and DTH?

• Total voters
This is foolish idea from TRAI I don't know who give the idea to TRAI. In India most people lived as middle class and low class , in every month they spend more and more amount according to TRAI rules
In normal family budget spendd up to 200 rupees(this is also high they will give only hundred rupees ) for cable or DTH
This new rules helped for corporate companies
in my point of view t r a i new rules comes with certain modification as follows
1. Network capacity charges not exceeded rs 50 rupees
2. All pay channel not exceeded RS 8 rupees

If this modification comes with new rules helped for most and most people in India
T.RA.I please see in people point of view don't view as a corporate point of view

I Must Say You Didn't Experienced!

Airtel & Tata Sky Products Are Same!

Airtel Provides USB Recording For Free But What About Tata Sky? - So Called Premium DTH Can't Enable USB Recording?

The Word Premium Must Have What Customers Want! This Is One Of Biggest Reason Why I'm Moved To Airtel From Tata Sky!
I have not used Tata Sky. I am using airtel & I am not saying that Tata Sky is premium DTH. You had asked what are the premium benefits of TS & I said the same what I've seen the TS customers mentioning. According to them, all those are the premium service of TS.
That's it! I don't support TS, I am fully satisfied with airtel.

1. Marginally Ahead They Adding Channels But They Didn't Add All Channels On The Launch Still Some Channels Pending
2. Yes Maximum Price On The Industry - Luckily Have Huge TP Space
3. Service Channels I Think You Mean +1 Channels - A Good Move But How Many Viewers Will Watch Same Contents Repeatedly
4. This One Is Purely Acceptable
5. This One I Didn't Understand - What Quality & Service? - Don't Repeat Above Points Please

I have my experiences with SunDirect, Airtel and TataSky. I was initially in the market for SunDirect, and booked a connection via phone and they told me that payment has to be made after the installation was done. After following up with them for 15 days, I gave up. I booked an Airtel DTH connection and I was assured that it would be installed the next day (I had paid the initial amount). However, I have to follow up with them continuously for three days to get installation done. PQ and AQ was good in HD channels but not good in SD channels.

However, whenever I need to get some issue sorted with the CC - The experience has been HORRIBLE to say the least. Be it the signal issue or my shifting requests or request for a new remote control - the way the arrogant CC responded and handled my requests in a delayed manner was very frustrating. Handling Airtel CC has always been a nightmare for me. Ofcourse, very delayed channel addition was another reason why I did not like them.

Coming to TataSky, I would say I had/having the best experience with them till now. I booked for the TS connection in the morning and Installation was finished on the same day evening. :eek:k:

All my favorite channels along with the HD versions were available. The +1 services are a boon to a working person like me who misses to watch the 9-10 prime time shows as I live a little far from the city in the outskirts, and I have to spend a lot of time in travelling. I do not have ACT/BSNL/Hathway Internet services in my area, so watching these shows in the Internet was not possible. I'm really happy with TS for providing me these +1 channels, TataSky Bollywood premiere is another service which I like, which plays some really good films though they are not necessarily brand new. PQ and AQ in both HD and SD channels are top notch. And whenever I had some issues with regards to Signals and helping my friends with new plans on their connections, the polite and well informed CC was very reassuring. So, I as a Customer am willing to pay the so called Premium amount in the existing regime itself to TataSky, as I feel they deserve the amount. I'm getting all channels in 8900Rs per year. I hate this new plans that are coming under TRAI (which are expensive for TS users as well), and I'm not sure if I will ever get to enjoy the benefits of the tension free annual packs TS provides me with.

My vote to this thread - NO :dodgy:

I'm glad many of the members are unhappy with this new policy by TRAI and I hope this new policy is stopped and we get back to the earlier plans itself! PLEASE. :cf:

Last edited:
as per Arjun ram Meghwal, he is saying after six months new tariff will be applicable.

Most of our members don't have any confusion now. We clearly understand the TRAI rules. For your question, Yes we can select pay channels and they do fall under NCF. One needs to pay MRP of pay channels in addition to the NCF. Take a look at the below thread.

DDF Exclusive - Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

Yeah, we can wait and see for prices to reduce and 15 percent rule to come. That's why I said, I can't support it in current form.

I don't need them. In fact, because of the fact that Star is giving only Star Sports Telugu in their bouquet instead of Star Sports 1, I'm going al-a-carte. That's why I'm saying the loot will continue. People have the power to stop the loot by not subscribing to useless channels. But, unfortunately many village and rural users have no idea of all these things and they are just going to follow what their LCO says. And those who are using DTH in village/rural areas, they would just go with the suggested pack which will be even more costly considering DPO must use al-a-carte prices for their own packs.

No I Didn't Get You!

What I'm Asking Is In That Rs.155+ NCF Pack, We Can Pick Only FTA Right? If We Pick Pay Channels Means NCF+MPR Of Pay Channels Must Be Paid?

I have my experiences with SunDirect, Airtel and TataSky. I was initially in the market for SunDirect, and booked a connection via phone and they told me that payment has to be made after the installation was done. After following up with them for 15 days, I gave up. I booked an Airtel DTH connection and I was assured that it would be installed the next day (I had paid the initial amount). However, I have to follow up with them continuously for three days to get installation done. PQ and AQ was good in HD channels but not good in SD channels.

However, whenever I need to get some issue sorted with the CC - The experience has been HORRIBLE to say the least. Be it the signal issue or my shifting requests or request for a new remote control - the way the arrogant CC responded and handled my requests in a delayed manner was very frustrating. Handling Airtel CC has always been a nightmare for me. Ofcourse, very delayed channel addition was another reason why I did not like them.

Coming to TataSky, I would say I had/having the best experience with them till now. I booked for the TS connection in the morning and Installation was finished on the same day evening. :eek:k:

All my favorite channels along with the HD versions were available. The +1 services are a boon to a working person like me who misses to watch the 9-10 prime time shows as I live a little far from the city in the outskirts, and I have to spend a lot of time in travelling. I do not have ACT/BSNL/Hathway Internet services in my area, so watching these shows in the Internet was not possible. I'm really happy with TS for providing me these +1 channels, TataSky Bollywood premiere is another service which I like, which plays some really good films though they are not necessarily brand new. PQ and AQ in both HD and SD channels are top notch. And whenever I had some issues with regards to Signals and helping my friends with new plans on their connections, the polite and well informed CC was very reassuring. So, I as a Customer am willing to pay the so called Premium amount in the existing regime itself to TataSky, as I feel they deserve the amount. I'm getting all channels in 8900Rs per year. I hate this new plans that are coming under TRAI (which are expensive for TS users as well), and I'm not sure if I will ever get to enjoy the benefits of the tension free annual packs TS provides me with.

My vote to this thread - NO :dodgy:

I'm glad many of the members are unhappy with this new policy by TRAI and I hope this new policy is stopped and we get back to the earlier plans itself! PLEASE. :cf:

Seriously Your Story Looks Different!

I Have Ordered & Installed Connection For My Friends & Relatives From ADTV,

Hardly They Took 60-90 Mins For All Process! (Semi-Urban Area)

In Sun Direct It's 2-4 Hours! But Really Feel Sorry For Your Case!

Basically Many Want To Have Max Channels In Package Without Even Watching Them!

But Here We Pay Only For What We Watch! But We Are Not Accepting The Fact That We Are Not Watching All Available Channels!

Basically Many Want To Have Max Channels In Package Without Even Watching Them!

But Here We Pay Only For What We Watch! But We Are Not Accepting The Fact That We Are Not Watching All Available Channels!
I accepts that watching only 10% of channels in my pack
Still costs double for 10% channels in new system

I accepts that watching only 10% of channels in my pack
Still costs double for 10% channels in new system

What? In My Case I'm Saving 100+ Bucks

No I Didn't Get You!

What I'm Asking Is In That Rs.155+ NCF Pack, We Can Pick Only FTA Right? If We Pick Pay Channels Means NCF+MPR Of Pay Channels Must Be Paid?
What? In My Case I'm Saving 100+ Bucks
You can take FTA or Pay channels (Total 74 or 75) in the 153 pack. No extra NCF, even if you pick Pay channels within the slab i.e. 74 or 75 channels. You only need to pay MRP in addition to 153. Only if your count of channels exceeds the 1st slab, additional NCF will be levied i.e. 20+Tax for next 25 channels.

You need to take a look at the thread to clear your doubts. Example packs chosen by members are available. Personally, I need to pay around 150 rupees more, this after sacrificing some HD channels I need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock