Discussion [POLL]Do you support the new tariff order of TRAI

• Thread starter Thread starter Raju lal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 167
  • Views Views: Views 18,293

Do you support the new tariff rule proposed by TRAI in cable and DTH?

• Total voters
Yes Tata Sky Customer Satisfied That Doesn't Mean Other DTH Users Didn't Satisfied!

Airtel Have Best PQ & AQ Compared To Tata Sky - Even Sun Direct HD Channels Excellent In HEVC (Only HD Channels)

Maximum Channels Good! But What About Price Tag?
Bro same example its luxury, better services so price is high

Last edited:
These are the premium benefits for them:
  • Quick addition of newly launched channels.
  • Maximum number of HD channels.
  • Exclusive service channels.
  • Customer Care's knowledge.
  • Quality & their service.

1. Marginally Ahead They Adding Channels But They Didn't Add All Channels On The Launch Still Some Channels Pending
2. Yes Maximum Price On The Industry - Luckily Have Huge TP Space
3. Service Channels I Think You Mean +1 Channels - A Good Move But How Many Viewers Will Watch Same Contents Repeatedly
4. This One Is Purely Acceptable
5. This One I Didn't Understand - What Quality & Service? - Don't Repeat Above Points Please

Bro same example its luxury, better services so price is high

Please Compare & Elaborate Their Service Level With Competitors

As I Knew They Are Behind & Ahead In Some Places!

So Only Those DTH Users Should Be Lucky Enough To Enjoy?

Do You Think Those Packs Had All The Important And Demanded Channels?
Though they don't have some demanded channels but it was covering almost all genere channels now the same is costing more, that dosent mean the regime is good

Guys Answer This

1. Do You Know Tata Sky Insures Their STB?
2. Insures From Customers Money? Or Own Profit?
3. Service TAT For Installation & After Sales?
4. How Much They Earns From +1 Channels?
5. Do You Think How Much CF Paying For +1 Channels?

There Are Many Which I'm Not Supposed To Share In Public

3. Service Channels I Think You Mean +1 Channels - A Good Move But How Many Viewers Will Watch Same Contents Repeatedly
Yes, + the other service channels like TS Mumbai film festival, TS Bollywood Premiere, TS Shorts tv, etc.
5. This One I Didn't Understand - What Quality & Service? - Don't Repeat Above Points Please
I mean to say the quality of their products, channels & the service that TS provides to it's customers.
Personally, I don't think that if any company provides good services them it becomes premium. All the points that I've mentioned are said by TS users many times & I am not saying them by myself.

Though they don't have some demanded channels but it was covering almost all genere channels now the same is costing more, that dosent mean the regime is good

Yes Now You Are Coming To Point!

Per Day How Many Hours Someone Watches TV?

Do They Watch All Available Channels?

Personally I Want To Have All HD Channels & South, Eng Ent, Eng Movies & Sports Channels But Watches Only Around 10 Channels

So Tell Me Why Should I Pay Without Watching?

With Respect To Common Majority Viewers Same Thing Happening! - After That Research Silently Dish Group Accepted This & Moved On!

Yes, + the other service channels like TS Mumbai film festival, TS Bollywood Premiere, TS Shorts tv, etc.

I mean to say the quality of their products, channels & the service that TS provides to it's customers.
Personally, I don't think that if any company provides good services them it becomes premium. All the points that I've mentioned are said by TS users many times & I am not saying them by myself.

I Must Say You Didn't Experienced!

Airtel & Tata Sky Products Are Same!

Airtel Provides USB Recording For Free But What About Tata Sky? - So Called Premium DTH Can't Enable USB Recording?

The Word Premium Must Have What Customers Want! This Is One Of Biggest Reason Why I'm Moved To Airtel From Tata Sky!

Please Compare & Elaborate Their Service Level With Competitors

As I Knew They Are Behind & Ahead In Some Places!
Ok bro its just up to our choice, there is second reason too that i don't support Trai
I don't know exactly how many subscribers are there for Tata sky, airtel, dishtv, d2h or others but if tata sky was expensive and it had 1m subscribers supposed, and Airtel, d2h, dishtv too have 1m subscibers each (suppose), than why to provide cheap to 1m you are charging much more to another 3m + subscribers, this values are supposed real values are higher and much more compare to tata sky.

Just Wait 3 Months Bro! Once The Consumers Understand What Is Exactly TRAI Rules! Changes Will Happen Automatically!

In Fact Still Many of Us Having Lots Of Confusion Over It!

Whether Can We Select Pay Channels In NCF Package! But It Won't Fall Under NCF Right?
Most of our members don't have any confusion now. We clearly understand the TRAI rules. For your question, Yes we can select pay channels and they do fall under NCF. One needs to pay MRP of pay channels in addition to the NCF. Take a look at the below thread.

DDF Exclusive - Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

Yeah, we can wait and see for prices to reduce and 15 percent rule to come. That's why I said, I can't support it in current form.

@Siva What's The Need Of Regional Sports Channels? When We Can Easily Give Feed?

Whereas Each One Cost Rs.22.4 That Doesn't Look Huge?
I don't need them. In fact, because of the fact that Star is giving only Star Sports Telugu in their bouquet instead of Star Sports 1, I'm going al-a-carte. That's why I'm saying the loot will continue. People have the power to stop the loot by not subscribing to useless channels. But, unfortunately many village and rural users have no idea of all these things and they are just going to follow what their LCO says. And those who are using DTH in village/rural areas, they would just go with the suggested pack which will be even more costly considering DPO must use al-a-carte prices for their own packs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom