Discussion [POLL]Do you support the new tariff order of TRAI

• Thread starter Thread starter Raju lal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 167
  • Views Views: Views 18,293

Do you support the new tariff rule proposed by TRAI in cable and DTH?

• Total voters
If possible send this result to trai so they can realise ground reality and withdraw this stupid rule or make changes that result actually people get benefit

even a private company will not change its strategy based on public poll so let alone govt. Did you forget Xiaomi's miui vs stock android poll ?

If they were to give 75 channels to pick (out of 100 as they quoted) for 130+GST, then it wouldve made sense.
They are allowing you to select 75 pay channels of your choice. It's not compulsory to take 100 FTA channels which DPOs are providing.

Basically what will happen is that, before big event like IPL, broadcaster will hike price of ch, and when there is no big sports events on broadcaster's ch then he will drop it's ch price to get market share thus ad revenue.

Broadcasters are also free to provide ad free chs in new rules and to compensate the ad revenue they are free to charge more than Rs19 if customer pays in ALC. So ad-free broadcast may become reality if customer is ready to pay
Ready to pay for cricket if I get ad free feed. Last year's Dugout feed of IPL had few ads. But watching it was dull as the crowd noise was very low.

They are allowing you to select 75 pay channels of your choice. It's not compulsory to take 100 FTA channels which DPOs are providing.
How to buy a FTA channel like on 9XO? I only get option to buy Ala-carte and Bouquets.

Can I take 75 SD channels of my choice and pay Rs 130+GST? NO!!

Correct me if I am wrong. I have Airtel DTH. I would be more than happy if I can get 75 SD pay channels of my choice for Rs 130!!

even a private company will not change its strategy based on public poll so let alone govt. Did you forget Xiaomi's miui vs stock android poll ?
Not private company but who discover this rule they should think about public sentiment

Can I take 75 SD channels of my choice and pay Rs 130+GST? NO!!

Correct me if I am wrong. I have Airtel DTH. I would be more than happy if I can get 75 SD pay channels of my choice for Rs 130!!
You are right, you can't. You need to pay the MRP of those 75 SD pay channels separately apart from 153.

How to buy a FTA channel like on 9XO? I only get option to buy Ala-carte and Bouquets.
Bro u get that channel by calling cc or subscribing
It's comes under if u want inside 100fta channels base pack category
No need to pay extra except 154rs

I am AIRTEL DTH user, Presently I am spending Rs. 448 per month.. Including base pack; ROI HDpack with 2 nos. Free Regional packs...

Now I calculated the new TRAFF after TRAI rules it causes Rs. 700 per month with less channels than now...

I am AIRTEL DTH user, Presently I am spending Rs. 448 per month.. Including base pack; ROI HDpack with 2 nos. Free Regional packs...

Now I calculated the new TRAFF after TRAI rules it causes Rs. 700 per month with less channels than now...
Mine was 425 Now its 780 :mad:

Back
Top Bottom