Discussion [POLL]Do you support the new tariff order of TRAI

Do you support the new tariff rule proposed by TRAI in cable and DTH?

• Total voters
Bro think what you are saying. If they remove these charges then basically your cable company will become DDFD. Your Customer will not pay you anything and will still watch 100 FTA chs.

Will you run your business ?
Ur right bro..
Then atleast they must reduce the price like ₹75 then it will be affordable for everyone👍

I am currently paying 354 on airtel with sports and eng movies toup but after trai my package costs me 350 rupees with additional eng entertainment channels.

It's a shame that we DDF members are the only ones who have a control of the new pricing schemes. Not a single mainstream media outlet has summarised this for consumers, nor has the TRAI itself (NOTE: this was true until yesterday).

It's the broadcasters who won the battle. Earlier they don't have pricing power of their chs. Now They can now price their chs as per their wish. Why will they oppose ?

Ur right bro..
Then atleast they must reduce the price like ₹75 then it will be affordable for everyone👍

There is problem also. As currently Lco gets 50% of customer's payment. That is Rs 100 if customer pays 200 pm. But if you put it at 75 then his share will become Rs 35 only. As 40 will go to mso. From pay chs he will get max 20 as his share. So still huge revenue short fall for Lco.

Last edited:
Personally I believe indeed it's a great move . I bet 90% 0f people don't watch the channels they pay for unnecessarily.
On the bright side , networks will stop spamming by launching unnecessary channels . This will also force them to look the quality of content they air .
I want few channels with excellent quality content , not same movie on 3-4 channels every other day .
Either go for quality or go free to air or go shutdown

Basically what will happen is that, before big event like IPL, broadcaster will hike price of ch, and when there is no big sports events on broadcaster's ch then he will drop it's ch price to get market share thus ad revenue.

Broadcasters are also free to provide ad free chs in new rules and to compensate the ad revenue they are free to charge more than Rs19 if customer pays in ALC. So ad-free broadcast may become reality if customer is ready to pay

Last edited:
If possible send this result to trai so they can realise ground reality and withdraw this stupid rule or make changes that result actually people get benefit

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock