Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Both of u r wrong. If multiple producers r involved then either they can jointly take a call or one of them else even a star con buy rights if other agrees and handover to their tv or digital partners. Also please note many times theatrical, tv, digital rights handled by diff companies.

T Series and Zee r at loggerheads and no chance of direct deals between them.

Also 1st right of refusal cannot b for any ongoing movie deal, its only at renewal time same comes into effect. Had it been 1st case then all broadcasters will just chose hit movies and let off flop ones. Deals r for limited no. of future releases / time period and all movies part of it except if what i mentioned in 1st para is case
I have also mentioned about multiple producers in last post, yes in case of multiple producers joint call is taken

Both of u r wrong. If multiple producers r involved then either they can jointly take a call or one of them else even a star con buy rights if other agrees and handover to their tv or digital partners. Also please note many times theatrical, tv, digital rights handled by diff companies.

T Series and Zee r at loggerheads and no chance of direct deals between them.

Also 1st right of refusal cannot b for any ongoing movie deal, its only at renewal time same comes into effect. Had it been 1st case then all broadcasters will just chose hit movies and let off flop ones. Deals r for limited no. of future releases / time period and all movies part of it except if what i mentioned in 1st para is case
But in t-series' case, most of the movies are co productions. It hardly produces movies alone,yet the rights are bundled to the same network except for actors involvement. till now chhalang to zee was expected coz of ajay,yet he sold big bull to star.so i am still expecting a deal between t series zee for thappad,chhalang and others.though i hope i am wrong and they continue with sony,as zee as it is has many films this year

Abunhav sinha has a multiple film deal with zee for satellite rights. Deal continuing from mulk, Article 15,and now thappad
Plus zee also wished anubhav sinha by sharing his picture on social media, which no other network did
Regarding chalaang, I don't know who sold the rights

Don’t think it is right of refusal for Sony,because Satyamev jayate was always expected to work on tv like marjaavan so zee might have offered more money and got batti Gul also in package which did decent and they also sold why cheat India to star whose co producer’s other movie tumhari sulu went to Sony
So there is no exclusivity here
First of All Rights of Batti Gul Meter Chalu were with KriarJ Entertainment and Satyamev Jayate with Anand Pandit Motion Pictures so both of them had good relationship with Zee that's why. Zee5 is accessible for low cost digital rights for films and that's why Tseries deals with them. But satellite rights issue Zee or Tseries don't get along. Zee also has fights With Goldmines (whose all earlier stuff with Zee) and Shemaroo

PT4E8i0.png

Why Welcome Is Still Being Promoted By Zee5 In Their Notification Despite It Has Been Removed From Zee5?
Zdvlggx.png
Welcome is a film which grabs eyeballs that's why. Waiting for Zee Bollywood to delete Phir Hera Pheri on its YouTube

First of All Rights of Batti Gul Meter Chalu were with KriarJ Entertainment and Satyamev Jayate with Anand Pandit Motion Pictures so both of them had good relationship with Zee that's why. Zee5 is accessible for low cost digital rights for films and that's why Tseries deals with them. But satellite rights issue Zee or Tseries don't get along. Zee also has fights With Goldmines (whose all earlier stuff with Zee) and Shemaroo
Even batla house ,section 375,khandaani shafakhana were Anand pandit movies yet it went to Sony

Even batla house ,section 375,khandaani shafakhana were Anand pandit movies yet it went to Sony
Satyamev Jayate is produced by Anand Pandit and Sri Adhikari Brothers but Others were distributed by them

Satellite shankar isn't a T series film, T series just has music rights of the film
Sony got this film through cine 1 studios
No where in the trailer, its shown that it's a T series film and no where it's written that it's produced by Bhushan kumar, krishan kumar etc (which is written in T series films always, but here its not the case)
It's produced by Murad khetani (owner of cine 1) and SCIPL even in Wikipedia it's not written
So sony got this film through cine 1 studios

Last edited:
Satellite shankar isn't a T series film, T series just has music rights of the film
Sony got this film through cine 1 studios
No where in the trailer, its shown that it's a T series film and no where it's written that it's produced by Bhushan kumar, krishan kumar etc (which is written in T series films always, but here its not the case)
It's produced by Murad khetani (owner of cine 1) and SCIPL even in Wikipedia it's not written
So sony got this film through cine 1 studios
Yes it is not a t series film but it was promoted by t series as they were presenter .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock