SCV stopped analogue mode channels

mjahabarsadiq said:
pearlpearl said:
prakash_Tv said:
chermadurai said:
u r cable operator using scv set top box .they connect scv set top box signal to arasu cable to operator cable.eg u r operator connect dvd player show a film.that signal is between any gap

sorry im not getting ur point.

I think his LCO mixes both SCV and arasu together. Digital channels from SCV through STB and Arasu's channels as Analogue. It is very much possible. Like LCO's adding DTH channels with DTH logo in analogue.

no.. this cant be the case.. because set top box smart card control is being done at SCV head control room. both analog and digital signal will be sent in a sungle cable from SCV control room itself. the LCO will just connect the cable to his main line and will amplify the signals before providing it to customers. he cannot dustinguish between digital and analog signals. if he want to turn off all analog channels he need reduce the gain and slope settings at his sub control room. in that case it will get reduced for both analog and digital signals. if digital signal strength is getting reduced, we cannot view channels from set top box.

hope i explained ir correctly.

Yes..this is correct.
My LCO stopped SCV analog and showing 10 tamil channels in the 1st band , rest of the frequencies is for Crystal Digital STB channels. He told they showing analog for the intermediate time till STBs distribution.
So it is clear LCOs can't do with one MSO analog with another MSO STBs, and also other MSOs (crystal mso) don't have analog , if they show analog channels their license might be cancelled, SCV (may be JAK also) only have analog license for chennai.

pearlpearl said:
Yes, SCV has all the licence. :) :)

Is SCV still allowing Analogue signal?? I learned that in Annanagar area the Analogue signal is cut except during the night sops 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM.

Can someone confirm??

In Chromepet , My LCO fully stopped analog. Just 3 tamil channels alone in analog with dth logo.
My friend located in chromepet had connection with another LCO, also SCV analog till last week, but now scv analog is cut , some other mso got connection there (he don't know which mso, most properly crystal only, because chromepet, tambaram areas fully got by crystal mso. ) . So i think slowly most of the LCOs getting out from scv and moving to other mso. Mostly SCV analog (other analog channels also) will be off in next 10-15 days or max march 31st.

sathishbabu4u said:
In Chromepet , My LCO fully stopped analog. Just 3 tamil channels alone in analog with dth logo.
My friend located in chromepet had connection with another LCO, also SCV analog till last week, but now scv analog is cut , some other mso got connection there (he don't know which mso, most properly crystal only, because chromepet, tambaram areas fully got by crystal mso. ) . So i think slowly most of the LCOs getting out from scv and moving to other mso. Mostly SCV analog (other analog channels also) will be off in next 10-15 days or max march 31st.

Ok, hope the changes brings good result and people enjoy true freedom from the monopoly clutches.

:tup :tup

still monopoly won't change as far as i concerned.
Crystal MSO dominating here tambaram, chromepet, areas (most or all LCOs connected to that MSO), hence we don't have any other option.
My LCO telling monthly subscription of 175rs + tax 12% for most of the channels ( he didn't provide channel list), he is telling will give all important channels (sports channels wenever india plays). that's it.
Looks same old story will continue with higher price. I want individual channel or package pickings with normal rate..

sathishbabu4u said:
still monopoly won't change as far as i concerned.
Crystal MSO dominating here tambaram, chromepet, areas (most or all LCOs connected to that MSO), hence we don't have any other option.
My LCO telling monthly subscription of 175rs + tax 12% for most of the channels ( he didn't provide channel list), he is telling will give all important channels (sports channels wenever india plays). that's it.
Looks same old story will continue with higher price. I want individual channel or package pickings with normal rate..

Yes, unless we have a system similar to DTH we can't completely wipe-out this Monopoly.

SCV, TCCL, CRYSTAL, ARASU etc are all an Monopoly in someway or the other, this can change only TRAI forces multiple LCO's in a single area.

Even if we have a 100 MSO, these LCO's will rule the area and will connect with only one MSO whereby the monopolism will still prevail, so eventually people has to move out to some DTH if the MSO's dont offer better price, package and quality.

i am from aumbakkam

cable only till now, no setup box is fixed...

but past 3months i feel i am getting better clarity compare to what i am got on dec'12. vijay,sun,kalainger most of tamil channels are very gud calrity.

prevsly most of channel are blocked by SCV ad but after jan i am not getting that ad . he said he is getting arasu signal

my LOC said he is tied up with arasu cable.. so he got advance of rs500 for setup box.

i am paying rs100pm for just arround 50 channels..

will i get setupbox ?? or better way to move dth. :s

shyyamsundar said:
i am from aumbakkam

cable only till now, no setup box is fixed...

but past 3months i feel i am getting better clarity compare to what i am got on dec'12. vijay,sun,kalainger most of tamil channels are very gud calrity.

prevsly most of channel are blocked by SCV ad but after jan i am not getting that ad . he said he is getting arasu signal

my LOC said he is tied up with arasu cable.. so he got advance of rs500 for setup box.

i am paying rs100pm for just arround 50 channels..

will i get setupbox ?? or better way to move dth. :s

Same here, but our LCO strongly likes Arasu but strongly sticks with SCV and says its really hard for Arasu to come deep into the deep city areas as they are without License, and to know the real situation on which MSO might continue would be known only after March, he earlier said that he is not connected with TCCL.

But i dont know the current situation.

Yes, the channels quality has greatly improved since last month, even english movie channels are clear now, but last few days the connection is down during the night times.

LCO isnt forcing STB nor telling what is the future.

Analog totally gone out here at chromepet..
complete blank out from yesterday afternoon..
anyone facing same in chennai other areas?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock