Star Sports network

• Thread starter piinku1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 4,984
Star Sports programming has improved over the last month but it is still way behind ESPNSTAR days. Just check out today evenings programming on SS1, SS4 and SSHD2.

Asia Cup is over and they are still showing highlights instead of showing two FA Cup quarter finals live on SS1. It can show multiple Serie A matches on SS4 and SSHD2 instead of showing same match on two channels. Star Sports programming thinks there are only five teams in Serie A ie Juventus Napoli Roma inter Milan and ac Milan. It only shows matches of these teams and ignore other team matches. Even more it does not want other channel to show Serie A. Ten Sports has given an offer to them but they are not reverting to it. If they pay millions as rights fees and still don't show the matches either live or deferred, then they must be surely dumb. Even the rights holders are flabbergasted with Star Sports post their Indian team taking charge. So long way to go for non cricket fans to be happy.

They have improved but they need to get over the stupidity of showing same matches on different channels..Like during T20 World Cup they will be airing same matches on SS1, SS2, SS3, SS HD1 & starsports.com even when there are no 2 matches at the same time. Won't you call this stupid & annoying?

Navneet Mishra said:
They have improved but they need to get over the stupidity of showing same matches on different channels..Like during T20 World Cup they will be airing same matches on SS1, SS2, SS3, SS HD1 & starsports.com even when there are no 2 matches at the same time. Won't you call this stupid & annoying?

this is not stupidity but business bro...everyone knows cricket is religion in india...

Ss1 for eng users
ss3 for hindi users
sshd1 for hd users
ss.com for internet users

ss2 NEVER show same content as ss1 maybe if one evening match go beyond schedule time in collide with night they may use it but i m sure they wont use ss2 all days ..may be during double decker

Srajal Ag said:
this is not stupidity but business bro...everyone knows cricket is religion in india...

Ss1 for eng users
ss3 for hindi users
sshd1 for hd users

ss2 NEVER show same content as ss1 maybe if one evening match go beyond schedule time in collide with night they may use it but i m sure they wont use ss2 all days ..may be during double decker
cricket is religion in india.But noone watches sl vs ban,pak vs ban or afg vs ban even pak vs sl.They just want indian cricket matches.:tup
No need to telecast these matches on these 3 channels.

Srajal Ag said:

Ss1 for eng users
ss3 for hindi users
sshd1 for hd users

There is only one match at a time in the World Cup. Since digitisation has penetrated most parts of India, they can use their channels efficiently by using dual feed on same channel like they do for EPL. Like this, they can dedicate SS3 solely to cricket & use other 3 for other live events. And as said above, nobody is interested here in watching Ban-Afg or Nepal-UAE at first place, let alone in hindi.

ayanc99 said:
Star Sports programming has improved over the last month but it is still way behind ESPNSTAR days. Just check out today evenings programming on SS1, SS4 and SSHD2.

Asia Cup is over and they are still showing highlights instead of showing two FA Cup quarter finals live on SS1. It can show multiple Serie A matches on SS4 and SSHD2 instead of showing same match on two channels. Star Sports programming thinks there are only five teams in Serie A ie Juventus Napoli Roma inter Milan and ac Milan. It only shows matches of these teams and ignore other team matches. Even more it does not want other channel to show Serie A. Ten Sports has given an offer to them but they are not reverting to it. If they pay millions as rights fees and still don't show the matches either live or deferred, then they must be surely dumb. Even the rights holders are flabbergasted with Star Sports post their Indian team taking charge. So long way to go for non cricket fans to be happy.

The listings sometimes are also wrong.I will tell you how.Yesterday from 05:30 PM Star Sports 2 was set to show All England Badminton Championship.But Star Sports at last moment decided to show ManU vs WBA match on Star Sports 2.So don't loose hope.Maybe Today FA Cup quarter final live on SS1

piinku1 said:
cricket is religion in india.But noone watches sl vs ban,pak vs ban or afg vs ban even pak vs sl.They just want indian cricket matches.:tup
No need to telecast these matches on these 3 channels.

btw acc to stats nonindian cricket matches r more viewed than football in india when compared match by match...

Srajal Ag said:
btw acc to stats nonindian cricket matches r more viewed than football in india when compared match by match...

Yes.Nonindian matches are more viewed when match are between aus vs sa,aus vs eng etc. but surely not afg vs ban,sl vs ban or pak vs uae.

I am also a diehard fan of cricket.;)

Re: RE: Star Sports network

piinku1 said:
Yes.Nonindian matches are more viewed when match are between aus vs sa,aus vs eng etc. but surely not afg vs ban,sl vs ban or pak vs uae.

I am also a diehard fan of cricket.;)

Why u guyz hav pro with ss ..if they show aus eng sa matches on 3 chs n bang afgha matches only on 1 ch then u will say they r only promoting big team matches ...n showing on 3chs is for diff users as i explained earlier as ss1for eng users , ss3 for hindi users (with hindi scores)n sshd1 for hd users so how can they remove from any of these ch...

N they r showing football acc to indians needs...what is the use they show all football matches n only few 1000 people watch it ....its better they show live cricket intead of it ...

I agree when there is no live cricket they should show live other sports but showing all ICC EVENTS ON 3 CHS FOR 3 DIFF USERS IS NOT STUPIDITY ...ITS PURELY BUSINESS N SENSIBLE...

Srajal Ag said:
Why u guyz hav pro with ss ..if they show aus eng sa matches on 3 chs n bang afgha matches only on 1 ch then u will say they r only promoting big team matches ...n showing on 3chs is for diff users as i explained earlier as ss1for eng users , ss3 for hindi users (with hindi scores)n sshd1 for hd users so how can they remove from any of these ch...

N they r showing football acc to indians needs...what is the use they show all football matches n only few 1000 people watch it ....its better they show live cricket intead of it ...

I agree when there is no live cricket they should show live other sports but showing all ICC EVENTS ON 3 CHS FOR 3 DIFF USERS IS NOT STUPIDITY ...ITS PURELY BUSINESS N SENSIBLE...

But the question arise if Star Sports wants to show the same thing in every channel then why they bought so many rights is this not a stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock