Discussion TacTV NCF query

mohan26

Reaction score
Full disclosure, i don't watch TV only my parents do, i did not care to give the local operator the request form until now since my parents were bugging out without it, i selected about 34 channels which would cost about 85₹, by my understanding if the total number of channels that i get doesn't extend beyond 100 then should i only be paying 139.50₹ even if the channel list include PAY channels. I asked the operator how many channels will i be provided on FTA basis, he said me 70 odd but am not sure if he did include the 25 DD channels.

Considering that he only airs 70 odd basic channels and i cut down my requested no. of channels should i only pay 140 and not the full amount of (NCF+requested channel amount)+gst? and also will i be able to cut down my request list latter or next month since i already gave him the requisition ?

Bro, If ur parents can watch the shows in mobile, then you needn't to pay for cable..
Disconnect the cable connection.
It's our only way to oppose the new tariff.
LCO won't ask you back STB as all people in TN are in anger on operators & TRAI.
Earlier I used to pay 200 for 150 pay channels.
Now LCO asks Rs.280 for 25 pay Tamil channels.😥😥😥

Full disclosure, i don't watch TV only my parents do, i did not care to give the local operator the request form until now since my parents were bugging out without it, i selected about 34 channels which would cost about 85₹, by my understanding if the total number of channels that i get doesn't extend beyond 100 then should i only be paying 139.50₹ even if the channel list include PAY channels. I asked the operator how many channels will i be provided on FTA basis, he said me 70 odd but am not sure if he did include the 25 DD channels.

Considering that he only airs 70 odd basic channels and i cut down my requested no. of channels should i only pay 140 and not the full amount of (NCF+requested channel amount)+gst? and also will i be able to cut down my request list latter or next month since i already gave him the requisition ?
In arasu cable Network capacity fee (NCF) for 125 channels is 120 + 18% GST. In this 125 channels 25 DD channels are compulsory. So , now you can select 100 channels(free or pay)on your wish . If you are only selecting free channels then you only pay NCF amount ( 120 + 18% GST ) = 141.6=~142 rupees / month for 125 channels.
But if you are including pay channels you need to pay (every pay channels cost + 18% GST + 142 NCF) for 125 channels.

For example if I choose 96 free channels and 4 pay channels (sun , zee tamil ,vijay and colors tamil)+ 25 DD compulsory channels then i have to pay
(NCF 120 + Sun 19 + vijay 17 + zee tamil 12 + colors tamil 3) = 171 + 18% GST = total 201.7=~202 rupees per month you have to pay for 125 channels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock