Tata Sky going to launch UHD STB on 9th January 2015

samtag1100 said:
They will push this one because of its chip. As space requirement for every content will go by half irrespective of SD, HD, AND UHD. So with the same compression, they can given better PQ and AQ, so it is not just about UHD, it is also about moving to a new broadcast tech as that chip soon will be standard for all type of content as it can give better results even with same amount of compression (2 normal HD feeds space it will take only to show one 4K feed with this new chip).

I also think that for the mentioned price, it would be recorder as paying around 7k for just plain box will be far more expensive. Let us see ...

I wrote an article on this, in order to save the bandwidth they need to broadcast in H.265 codec which is only possible if every customer has this set top box. Its only possible if they push this set top box to HD customers as well minus the UHD capability. It might take 3-4 years

First of all how many of you have a 4K Tv :D :D UHD channels wont work on HDTV guys. So Buy a UHD tv first. Price starts from Rs 68,000 for 40 inches but 40 inches UHD is of no use so you need to buy minimum 55 inches and that costs close to Rs 1 lakh. ;)

Here is the Technical specifications of Tata Sky UHD STB provided by CC

0MbMaGg.jpg

2vPHsFQ.jpg

Here is the confirmation of Tata Sky broadcasting few ICC World Cup matches in UHD

0W3v9Kl.jpg

This service has no use right now. They should have thought of HD channels first. More HD channels on their platform should have their first priority !!!

Actually I was waiting for 1+1 tv2 because of it's lowest price tag in 4k market. Hope they will launch during time to make perfect couple

they will not add any hd channels till world cup final for want of uhd channel space

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock