Worst experience with Tata Play

Slow and steady, win the race thalaivare...... you are an genius. So you know well...

9jT734m.png

They've taken up their customers lightly after rebranding. For Ordinary People, it was just a name change with different new colors & new brand ambassadors. People know that we will get the same service but internally, so many things changed after Sky left India. Users expect the same service after the PLAY rebrand but they're lacking a lot.

Hope they are watching this thread & improve the service.

Last edited:
*We need to remember a simple thing TataPlay is not a premium DTH operator anymore it is a leading DTH operator…In fact there is no premium DTH operator in India anymore

* The primary reason for this is TRAI rules , along with OTT … over regulation killed DTH industry.

* The premium users left the service in fact from all DTH after TRAI rules and OTT boom of course TataSky is most affected because of this..

* At the same time TataSky Started adding low ARPU customers because of simple after TRAI rules every operator pricing is same So for the same price TataSky provides great service..
Because of this Tatasky added more subs bit lower value subs and in parallel over regulation So there is no scope premium pricing near future

* To restrict losing premium subs TataSky launched binge service with binge fire stick
— TataSky mistakes start from here they given free fire stick for binge subscribers with target of adding more subscribers to binge which gives more ARPU and restrict the loss of premium subscribers it mostly worked as Tatasky need but the problem is Tatasky is using refurbished or old generation fire stick for binge this creates more problems
— simple before internet era Tatasky introduced plus Hd recording box at higher price and make recording premium thing which helps them to serve premium subscribers of course that recording box is not perfect but at that time it is a good device with Tatasky premium service

—but in binge fire stick thing it is different people have options they are quality devices available for OTT and Broadband is getting more stable in cities which creates a feeling in high end subscribers (why we need channels and OTT that too binge is not perfect device ) so the premium subscribers still losing..
Same scenario with binge plus box it is not perfect

Also at the same time this boxes are still huge with wires and all people started feeling this things

*So TataSky Changed Their strategies the rebranding is not what they wanted but external factors like sky acquisitions and in parallel there is no scope of ARPU growth in India they need to change name

And at this stage they clearly changed like they want more subs instead of higher arpu subs because they can’t attract them so they promised free servcie vists and all

So finally they lost the premium ness of sky completely because of there is no premium subscribers to serve for

TataSky survived all this time with their old infra like quality app and good UI and all

And now they are thinking to add more channels even local channels which means they need to reach local subscribers and even of they add more local channels FTA channels it doesn’t generate more revenue like 60rupees for only channel and also started giving their service channels for free

So simply no body can except premium service from Tataplay anymore Tataplay is more like Mi or Realme it is not a apple

Maybe they are trying to add quality subs through binge we don’t how this works for them if things work Tataplay will be like Samsung atleast which serves high end subs as well as low end subs

I really love TataPlay and i want them to provide premium service like past but they can’t and it is not their mistake we can’t blame TataPlay For That they are doing best what they can as per market

I think i really need to start creating blogs🥲 sorry for the long essay 😂

Last edited:
*We need to remember a simple thing TataPlay is not a premium DTH operator anymore it is a leading DTH operator…In fact there is no premium DTH operator in India anymore

* The primary reason for this is TRAI rules , along with OTT … over regulation killed DTH industry.

* The premium users left the service in fact from all DTH after TRAI rules and OTT boom of course TataSky is most affected because of this..

* At the same time TataSky Started adding low ARPU customers because of simple after TRAI rules every operator pricing is same So for the same price TataSky provides great service..
Because of this Tatasky added more subs bit lower value subs and in parallel over regulation So there is no scope premium pricing near future

* To restrict losing premium subs TataSky launched binge service with binge fire stick
— TataSky mistakes start from here they given free fire stick for binge subscribers with target of adding more subscribers to binge which gives more ARPU and restrict the loss of premium subscribers it mostly worked as Tatasky need but the problem is Tatasky is using refurbished or old generation fire stick for binge this creates more problems
— simple before internet era Tatasky introduced plus Hd recording box at higher price and make recording premium thing which helps them to serve premium subscribers of course that recording box is not perfect but at that time it is a good device with Tatasky premium service

—but in binge fire stick thing it is different people have options they are quality devices available for OTT and Broadband is getting more stable in cities which creates a feeling in high end subscribers (why we need channels and OTT that too binge is not perfect device ) so the premium subscribers still losing..

Also at the same time this boxes are still huge with wires and all people started feeling this things

*So TataSky Changed Their strategies the rebranding is not what they wanted but external factors like sky acquisitions and in parallel there is no scope of ARPU growth in India they need to change name

And at this stage they clearly changed like they want more subs instead of higher arpu subs because they can’t attract them so they promised free servcie vists and all

So finally they lost the premium ness of sky completely because of there is no premium subscribers to serve for

TataSky survived all this time with their old infra like quality app and good UI and all

And now they are thinking to add more channels even local channels which means they need to reach local subscribers and even of they add more local channels FTA channels it doesn’t generate more revenue like 60rupees for only channel and also started giving their service channels for free

So simply no body can except premium service from Tataplay anymore Tataplay is more like Mi or Realme it is not a apple

Maybe they are trying to add quality subs through binge we don’t how this works for them if things work Tataplay will be like Samsung atleast which serves high end subs as well as low end subs

I really love TataPlay and i want them to provide premium service like past but they can’t and it is not their mistake we can’t blame TataPlay For That they are doing best what they can as per market

Bro,everything is ok.we don’t want any new channels,ott services ,4K services but compressing the existing hd channels is not acceptable.It’s a basic thing.Even cable operators are giving good quality.tata is charging more for it also.we want to get what we paid for.

😭😭

Bro,everything is ok.we don’t want any new channels,ott services ,4K services but compressing the existing hd channels is not acceptable.It’s a basic thing.Even cable operators are giving good quality.tata is charging more for it also.we want to get what we paid for.
Even I don’t want compressed channels even TataPlay doesn’t want to do that do you think they waste money by paying for satellite and by not using it surely there is an issue i am not supporting them they need to be more careful and fast for sure but things happen when they tend to happen we can’t do anything

Even I don’t want compressed channels even TataPlay doesn’t want to do that do you think they waste money by paying for satellite and by not using it surely there is an issue i am not supporting them they need to be more careful and fast for sure but things happen when they tend to happen we can’t do anything
Right bro,not everyone has HDtv,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock