DTH updates Airtel gives FTA channels without NCF

One more thing @JitzyJT , in airtel basepacks they don't count DD channels from beginning.
For example, If you'll select a pack which is having 100 channels then at the bottom in review & buy box also they'll show 100 channels(in Ala-Carte & bouquet's case they'll show 125) & at confirmation page they'll show 96 channels(with airtel basepacks 6 additional channels can be added in the initial NCF slab) & NCF of 153 will be charged instead of 176 which means they're not counting DD channels.

Last edited:
One more thing @JitzyJT , in airtel basepacks they don't count DD channels from beginning.
For example, If you'll select a pack which is having 100 channels then at the bottom in review & buy box also they'll show 100 channels(in Ala-Carte & bouquet's case they'll show 125) & at confirmation page they'll show 96 channels(with airtel basepacks 6 additional channels can be added in the initial NCF slab) & NCF of 153 will be charged instead of 176 which means they're not counting DD channels.
Right...

What if you don't take Airtel Basepacks and create your own? Just broadcaster bouquets and alacarte channels. I have to try again to see if the DD channels are exempted if you take any airtel packs....

Last edited:
Right...

What if you don't take Airtel Basepacks and create your own? Just broadcaster bouquests and alacarta channels. I have to try again to see if the DD channels are exempted if you take any airtel packs....
Ok, as usual Airtel seems to have made a mess of this.

1. Airtel base packs - They always include DD channels, so they don't add another 25 to the total count. And in the total channel count under MYOP, they are excluding 4 or 5 channels from the NCF slab, I think it's depending on the number of HD channels in the base pack.

2. Airtel mini packs - They are excluding 31 channels from the count instead of 25. For instance if we select 104 channels, the channel count under MYOP shows 73 and the NCF shows 153. This is fine. Apart from excluding DD channels, they are excluding an additional 6 channels from the NCF slab, which is what @Choco7905 stated earlier.

3. Normal bouquets/al-a-carte - They are excluding 7 channels from the count, but charging full. For example if we select 103 channels, the MYOP says 96 channels, but NCF shows 176 i.e. for 103 channels.

It's all very confusing and doesn't make any sense.

Are you still getting the channels without recharge?
I forgot to recharge my account yesterday which was due date and strangely noticed that many channels like India TV, ABP News, R Bharat, Mastiii, etc. were still running smoothly this morning

I guess airtel will also provide some FTA chs. as a complimentary combo and these will not cost anything + not be counted in any slab including introductory one. Waiting for @Arsh bro to give more information, in my opinion they r still finalising list and testing activation.

what's the benefit of ARP, we need to pay Rs.1 instead of Rs.153?
ARP means long duration packs(LDP). In ARP, we pay for the whole year in advance & we get some discounts & free days. Now, ARPs are not available for subscription & my ARP is an old one subscribed much before the new tarrif so no concept of NCF.
are you still getting FTA channel without NCF?
Are you still getting the channels without recharge?
Now, very less channels are available in decrypted(that can be viewed without recharge also) mode & FTA channels of complementary pack are completely free. You don't need to pay any NCF for it. Subscribe to any channel/bouquet/basepack & you'll get it.

ARP means long duration packs(LDP). In ARP, we pay for the whole year in advance & we get some discounts & free days. Now, ARPs are not available for subscription & my ARP is an old one subscribed much before the new tarrif so no concept of NCF.

have your validity extetended from august to 2021?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock