Blind scan Vs Auto scan

SENTHIL KUMAR

Banned
Reaction score
In set top box there is two option for scanning. one is Auto scan , another one is Blind scan. Both are not same. There is a difference in between blind and auto scan.

Blind scan

It never uses no information from the satellite TP list in your receiver. It scans the LNB Band and looks for TPs. Blind scan uses the LNB Freq you entered to save what it finds as TP Freqs in your memory.

If you have no TP Freqs for a sat then blind scan is ok.
Iit takes awhile since it is building a TP list and then also has to scan the channels on each TP found.
Blind scan finds new TPs, new channels on new TPS and new channels on existing TPS.

Auto scan

It uses the TP Frequenciess in your FTAs memory for the satellite you are scanning. It gets the first TP frequencie then subtracts the LNB Freq you have entered, from the TP freq to get the LNB Band Frequencie. It then gets the next TP Frequencie in your list and does it again. It continued until all TP frequencies in the list have been scaned.

If you have a current TP List for the sat then auto scan is better.
It takes less time and no reason to rebuild a TP List you already have.
Auto-scan finds new channels on existing TP's.

In my opinion , Blind scan is best.

Already Know About This !!!!
I am always Using Blind Scan instead of Auto Scan !!!
Anyway Thanks for the Post !!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock