Day by Day decrease in PQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
renovetio said:
Which brand STB ru using????

Its technicolor

and i also can feel reduced picture quality of some HD channels which is visible in fast moving object and in dark scenes

dreambox.pk said:
Its technicolor

and i also can feel reduced picture quality of some HD channels which is visible in fast moving object and in dark scenes
I am having same problem.

Rushil.D said:
Not a single proof currently :s

For proof, better visit the persons house who is complaining and see for yourself :D .Posting pictures wont help when you want to take sides on picture quality. 
For example, When a person says he gets good dd audio on a particular dth, how do you ask for proof. Record in mobile and post it?
When you have sony , samsung, micromax tv, why do people prefrer sony? Its due to the natural colour reproduction. Some people can recognize it and buy sony and some people dont recognize and they opt for other brands. Same way some people who have a kneen eye for detail can recognize the short comings of tatasky hd pic quality.

Its clearly evident due to space crunch, tata sky is compressing the pix quality in hd way more than expected.

Note: I am seing these issues on 46 inch tv. Maybe the issue is seen on big screen tv's. Maybe tatasky thought indians buy only 40 inch tv so they can hide their defects.

cruise712 said:
Its clearly evident due to space crunch, tata sky is compressing the pix quality in hd way more than expected.

How do you decide they have space crunch , still 5 more empty TPs in their hand...?:huh

Rushil.D said:
Not a single proof currently :s

Can't be proved unless you experience it yourself.

It all varies with T.V model/technology, some tvs improve picture quality, some of them transmit the original picture received. Mine is a basic 22 inch philips full HD LEDtv worth 10000 nothing more.

So flaws in PQ are easily seen.

and This is what I did I played few 720p & 1080p movies using pendrive They were awsome and didn't pixelate.

Even I connected my cpu via HDMI and played some movies they played very well according the PQ of the video file

cruise712 said:
For proof, better visit the persons house who is complaining and see for yourself :D .Posting pictures wont help when you want to take sides on picture quality. 
For example, When a person says he gets good dd audio on a particular dth, how do you ask for proof. Record in mobile and post it?
When you have sony , samsung, micromax tv, why do people prefrer sony? Its due to the natural colour reproduction. Some people can recognize it and buy sony and some people dont recognize and they opt for other brands. Same way some people who have a kneen eye for detail can recognize the short comings of tatasky hd pic quality.

Note: I am seing these issues on 46 inch tv. Maybe the issue is seen on big screen tv's. Maybe tatasky thought indians buy only 40 inch tv so they can hide their defects.

Did you ever tried to call ts cc regarding this issue or checked your box is faulty or not

Read full comment even in 65inch tv there is no issue I think you need a eye checkup seriously:s

Without taking anyone's side, I want to provide some points. Though I don't use TS yet, but my view is for general information. For 10 years I use my 21"Sony wega, 3+3+4 years for cable+dishtv+d2h with a pq improvement each change over. But after upgrading my TV to Sony 55"4k & 4k STB, I was somewhat disappointed. The SD channels pq looks that bad than an analog cable, HD pq is not better than the SD pq of my old TV. Only 4k pq during CWC15 matches were awesome. Maybe, it's the high resolution TV that makes me feel like that. But saying that, playing 1080p or 720p videos through pen drives gives f....a....r better pq than a HD channel. That should not happen.
Note: if admin feel this post doesn't go with the thread, please remove it.

Rushil.D said:
Did you ever tried to call ts cc regarding this issue or checked your box is faulty or not

Read full comment even in 65inch tv there is no issue I think you need a eye checkup seriously:s

Lets not get into mud-slinging in this forum. Moderator please remove such comments. Members please refrain from such acerbic remarks.

Perception of PQ or for that matter AQ is relative. After seeing better quality PQ (even streaming Youtube HD videos), TS HD looks wanting even with full Signal Strength & Quality. 

Recent PQ detioration is quite evident since older HD recordings of the same movie seem rather much clearer when one compares with the same movie being rerun now on the same channel.

TS picture quality is worse. I am already starting to hate it over d2H. Its a shame d2H not adding more HD channels else I would never switch to TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock