Department of Space gave 'Certain Benefits' to Tata Sky: CAG

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 75
  • Views: Views 8,593
shawl_who said:
big lies exposed by tata sky :(

And its also written that GSAT10 is functional well, wid reduced power....
So, its tata sky only, whom are to be blamed.

Tata Sky has to be blamed, not based on this article as such, but simply because -
1. DTH is a platform and with certain future promise we invest 7k in dvr and install a dish. Now a platform must ensure that every important channel is available. This is similar to the situation if I take a mobile connection and I am told that you can call this city but not that city or 3G is not available.
2. Everyone else could try and find some solution then why can't Tata Sky. In fact I would say DTH market is still in primitive stage. Otherwise what explains a channel like history hd and many other great hd channels not being available for 2yrs or so? Will you go to a cinema hall which asks you to give advance of 7k (100 tickets free offer) while it opens a multiplex in your area and all the time plays a movie only after 2 yrs or it's release? When samsung launches note 4, does it not become accessible to me within reasonable time frame?

Moreover, they even must have taken GSAT 10 because it is a new one and then for expansion, they only have to take 10 to 12 more transponders but now since current bird is going to last for may till 2016 or so, now they will have to look for at least 24 new transponders and that too at current market rate...so I do not think it was a right decision not to take that GSAT10. So, I am a little bit worried as from where they will arrange all this.

Also going forward as soon as 4G and so on will become norm for internet and people will opt for smart tv, revenue per person from niche feeds will go down, as people only will keep normal feeds for household and use niche content from internet and I think this is fear because of which these DTH companies now are not interested investing too much in this sector...be it big tv, sun tv or now even D2H (I would like to see their future additions in HD content) and Airtel already playing it safe. Yes it will always be there but just like cable tv is today though investment in cable tv is very low as compared to DTH.

So now thing is that Tata Sky has to make a big investment or go down and also to see how they are going to recover it as in India even content monopoly is also not possible...but they themselves has to blame themselves. Good luck tata sky. Only hope is dishtv as they are a listed DTH, so they have to move on.

Forget The Report Guys!
Gsat10 Is The Replacement For Insat 4A,
If Not! Which Is The Replacement Sat For Insat 4A?
Tata Sky Knew It Many Years Ago That They'll Be Limited To 12 Tps Only (May Be For Certain Period), Then Why They Didn't Show Interest To Migrate All Tps To MPeg-4 & Replace All STBs With Mpeg-4 Tech!,
As Per Govt Policies, It's Not Easy To Get Tps And Even From Foreign Satellites!
Ok Here To Our Friends,
If You/We Expecting Many Channels Additions In Tatasky And Still It's Not Fulfilled Then Move Out!
Why Still Defaming TataSky? Every DTH Have Some Plus & Minus,
Finally It's TataSky Who Should Look Into This Issue Seriously, But Looks Like They Have Lost Interest And Make Suffer Their Viewers,

Tata Sky has all fav channels and keeps adding good channels regularly

why all ppl here not thinking

The 12 Ku band transponders of INSAT 4A satellite were allotted to Tata Sky on an exclusive basis. As its transponders were functioning with reduced power, Tata Sky voiced its concerns about the health of satellite and continuously represented at different levels in Government to launch GSAT 10 satellite to avoid adverse impact on its business. At the instance of Tata Sky, DOS launched (September 2012) GSAT 10 satellite having 12 Ku band transponders and positioned it at the same orbital slot (83°
east) as that of INSAT 4A. ICC (November 2012) proposed that the 12 transponders of INSAT 4A could be swapped with 12 transponders in GSAT 10. This proposal was agreed to by Space Commission (April 2013). Tata Sky, which was initially willing to swap the transponders of INSAT 4A with GSAT 10, subsequently declined (July 2013) the proposal on the ground that swapping would not provide additional capacity required by them. Audit observed that apprehending litigation from Tata Sky, DOS did not allocate capacity on GSAT 10 to any other service provider and entire 12
Ku band transponders capable of generating revenue of more than 82.80 crore a year continued to remain idle (May 2014) since its launch in May 2011. DOS replied (March 2014) that Ku band capacity in GSAT 10 was treated as spare capacity with appropriate approvals. The reply is not acceptable, as spare capacity of Ku band on GSAT 10 was not a planned
option, but a fall back option since Tata Sky was given exclusive first right of refusal on INSAT 4A, which is discussed in detail in para 3.4.2. Pending Tata Sky’s decision, the 12 transponders could not be utilised otherwise, with the implied pecuniary loss to the public exchequer. Audit further observed that allocation of satellite capacity being the
responsibility of ICC, the decision to keep satellite capacity as spare was taken without the specific approval of ICC

So, it is all clear now. Money matters.. Tata sky did not swap INSAT 4A for GSAT-10 as it would be paying 82 crore for GSAT-10 , instead of 55 crore for INSAT-4A. Then why won't TATA sky use GSAT-10 from November 2015 when INSAT-4A contract expires ? After all it was tata sky who asked for the satellite in the first place to be built with public money. And why it wrongly informed people about the reason for not using GSAT-10?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock