Dish TruHD may add more HD channels very soon!

dish tv earning more from customer staying outside india

like gulf, pakistan, shrilanka,

an3109 said:
So just Imagine Rs 840 pm for 12 months = Rs 10080

Rs 10080 x god noes how many HD customers in the GULF ..

DISH HD is big market in gulf and no competition as the signals of other DTH dont reach gulf ..

There are official recharge vendors who also get your STB repaired if problem ..

Dish is getting quite a revenue frm GULF

That's true.
But If you go for any DTH in the middle east, such as PEHLA, you end up paying more than double that amount..that too for a package that doesn't provide any HD channel! PEHLA is like 5 years behind the WORLD !

drjf said:
an3109 said:

DISH HD is big market in gulf and no competition as the signals of other DTH dont reach gulf ..

There are official recharge vendors who also get your STB repaired if problem ..

That's true.
But If you go for any DTH in the middle east, such as PEHLA, you end up paying more than double that amount..that too for a package that doesn't provide any HD channel! PEHLA is like 5 years behind the WORLD !

VEry True , Pehla is out of touch over here. Even their own employees get other DTH..

It started with DD direct+ in gulf on NSS 6.
Then people got idea of getting Dish Stb frm India ..
Once confirmed it was functioning , every1 started getting it.

Pehla even gave an ad in the paper with handcuffs but was taken down as the ministry had no issues with it.

and now every1 moving 2 the HD bandwagon .

an3109 said:
drjf said:
an3109 said:

That's true.

VEry True , Pehla is out of touch over here. Even their own employees get other DTH..

It started with DD direct+ in gulf on NSS 6.
Then people got idea of getting Dish Stb frm India ..
Once confirmed it was functioning , every1 started getting it.

Pehla even gave an ad in the paper with handcuffs but was taken down as the ministry had no issues with it.

and now every1 moving 2 the HD bandwagon .

So, let's cross our fingers and pray that DishTV doesn't move out of AS5 to SES8.

I am not sure about KSA jeddah but i am using both Dish Tru HD And Airtel HD both in Dubai and both have very strong signal in Dubai UAE. Before airtel DTH was having a bit signal problem in Dubai on Satellite INsat 4r but in 2011 when they have changed their satellite to SES-7 108.2°E it was like a gift to UAE dubai customers from airtel. SES-7 108.2°E has a very strong signal in Dubai and better in sharjah and in eastern parts of UAE. I had installed Airtel HD STB in my house in the end of 2011 with just a 90 cm dish and i was getting around 75% to 80% signal and never faced any problem regarding signal but i had stop using airtel few months ago when they removed ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD. Now i am using Dish Tru HD with a 90 cm dish and monoblock LNB i am getting all channels except DD channels again never faced any signal problem till this date. And regarding Espn HD and Star Cricket HD the news i got is that their is a 50/50 chance that dish tru hd will had both channels on 1st of june next month just before indias warm up match. Now lets just hope and pray but if they dish tru hd doesn't adds this channels then surely i am switching back to Airtel hd to enjoy Champions trophy in HD.

Hi DishHD......
Thanks for your post...which is very useful...I need your further help with regards to Airtel HD which you have mentioned....I am planning to install Airtel HD and want to understand its sustainability in terms of its signal strengths and issues while using it.As we all know that Dish TV is the most popular and found in almost every second home,compared to that how would it be to install Airtel Digital HD???Will I face any issues in terms of black outs or issues with the alignment or signal issues often in Dubai as compared to Dish TV?I have been advised by certain installation guys that Airtel Digital has a much better picture and sound quality compared to Dish TV and that there is absolutely no issues with the installations or signals and it works perfectly fine and as good as Dish TV.
Would really appreciate your feedback and understanding before I go ahead with the installation and decide on what to install.

DishHD said:
I am not sure about KSA jeddah but i am using both Dish Tru HD And Airtel HD both in Dubai and both have very strong signal in Dubai UAE. Before airtel DTH was having a bit signal problem in Dubai on Satellite INsat 4r but in 2011 when they have changed their satellite to SES-7 108.2°E it was like a gift to UAE dubai customers from airtel. SES-7 108.2°E has a very strong signal in Dubai and better in sharjah and in eastern parts of UAE. I had installed Airtel HD STB in my house in the end of 2011 with just a 90 cm dish and i was getting around 75% to 80% signal and never faced any problem regarding signal but i had stop using airtel few months ago when they removed ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD. Now i am using Dish Tru HD with a 90 cm dish and monoblock LNB i am getting all channels except DD channels again never faced any signal problem till this date. And regarding Espn HD and Star Cricket HD the news i got is that their is a 50/50 chance that dish tru hd will had both channels on 1st of june next month just before indias warm up match. Now lets just hope and pray but if they dish tru hd doesn't adds this channels then surely i am switching back to Airtel hd to enjoy Champions trophy in HD.

Would really appreciate your feedback and understanding before I go ahead with the installation and decide on what to install.

@Dubaiman sorry for my late reply has my internet was down for few days due to my internet cable upgrade from cable to Fibreoptic in my area now i have upgraded my net connection from normal 4 mbps to 30 mbps and that also now i have to pay half the monthly price on that package the promotion i got from Etisalat for upgrading from shamil to FTTP Elife connection in my house. I was waiting for Fibreoptic Elife connection in my area for more than 3 years now but finally they have installed fibreoptic and in my area after 3 years of wait. So now about on Airtel is also very common in UAE since Airtel changed its satellite from insat to ses 7. I have installed airtel in my house late of 2011 may b around December of 2011 or earlier with just a 90 cm dish and a normal hd lnb since that day i had never got any channel breeze or any signal problem trust me airtels ses 7 satellite has a better signal reception than dish tvs nss 6 here. And regarding picture quality yes airtels SD channels picture quality and sound quality are better or much better than dish tv but regarding HD channels sorry absolutely not HD channels on Both on dish tru hd and airtel hd are same even some channel on dish tru hd like Colours tv hd and Ten Hd have better PQ than airtel its my personal opinion. But ya Airtels HD plus point is their 7.1 dolby sound which is missing in dish tru Hd. But remeber u will miss some good HD channels on Airtel like life ok HD , NG Aventure HD, HBO Defined HD, HBO Hitz HD and Fox traveler HD Etc. And Dish tru HD is only missing two channels Star cricket HD and Espn HD. And the biggest plus point of Airtel is their Setbox is the best DVR setbox i have ever seen in my life in which u can recored one channel and watch another channel on it or record two channels simultaneously but airtels DVR is very expensive around 600 to 700 UAE Dhs and on the other hand Dish tru HDs PVR setbox OMG is the worse Setbox i have ever seen in my elife and that also a PVR means you can just recored one channel at a time without switching to other channel while u r recording a channel but Dish tru HD setbox is much cheaper around 270 to 300 UAE Dhs. Now its all your choice if u need a good DVR setbox with good sound or picture quality on SD channels and good sound on HD channels and love to watch sports in HD than go for Airtel HD. Or u want to spend less money in buying a Setbox and want to enjoy maximum HD channels with Best HD Picture Quality and if u dont want to watch some sports like India Cricket in home or EPL in HD than surely go for Dish Tv. It defends on u r likes my friend.

@DishHD....Thanx a lot for your detailed expert analysis,suggestion and advise....It is of gr8 help....Had a another quick query with regards to the Airtel DVR HD setbox which you have mentioned is expensive....around Dhs 600-700.....Is this the one with an inbuilt 500GB Hard drive HD recorder setbox which you referred to or is it a normal HD setbox without an inbuilt hard drive but still you can attach an external hard drive/flash drive and do the recording.Which setbox did you refer to and if you can let me know which one would be better to buy and why?

Also are there only a few HD channels on Airtel as compared to Dish TV,which I could understand from your reply??

Once again thanx for your help....

DishHD said:

@Dubaiman sorry for my late reply has my internet was down for few days due to my internet cable upgrade from cable to Fibreoptic in my area now i have upgraded my net connection from normal 4 mbps to 30 mbps and that also now i have to pay half the monthly price on that package the promotion i got from Etisalat for upgrading from shamil to FTTP Elife connection in my house. I was waiting for Fibreoptic Elife connection in my area for more than 3 years now but finally they have installed fibreoptic and in my area after 3 years of wait. So now about on Airtel is also very common in UAE since Airtel changed its satellite from insat to ses 7. I have installed airtel in my house late of 2011 may b around December of 2011 or earlier with just a 90 cm dish and a normal hd lnb since that day i had never got any channel breeze or any signal problem trust me airtels ses 7 satellite has a better signal reception than dish tvs nss 6 here. And regarding picture quality yes airtels SD channels picture quality and sound quality are better or much better than dish tv but regarding HD channels sorry absolutely not HD channels on Both on dish tru hd and airtel hd are same even some channel on dish tru hd like Colours tv hd and Ten Hd have better PQ than airtel its my personal opinion. But ya Airtels HD plus point is their 7.1 dolby sound which is missing in dish tru Hd. But remeber u will miss some good HD channels on Airtel like life ok HD , NG Aventure HD, HBO Defined HD, HBO Hitz HD and Fox traveler HD Etc. And Dish tru HD is only missing two channels Star cricket HD and Espn HD. And the biggest plus point of Airtel is their Setbox is the best DVR setbox i have ever seen in my life in which u can recored one channel and watch another channel on it or record two channels simultaneously but airtels DVR is very expensive around 600 to 700 UAE Dhs and on the other hand Dish tru HDs PVR setbox OMG is the worse Setbox i have ever seen in my elife and that also a PVR means you can just recored one channel at a time without switching to other channel while u r recording a channel but Dish tru HD setbox is much cheaper around 270 to 300 UAE Dhs. Now its all your choice if u need a good DVR setbox with good sound or picture quality on SD channels and good sound on HD channels and love to watch sports in HD than go for Airtel HD. Or u want to spend less money in buying a Setbox and want to enjoy maximum HD channels with Best HD Picture Quality and if u dont want to watch some sports like India Cricket in home or EPL in HD than surely go for Dish Tv. It defends on u r likes my friend.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock