General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 555
  • Views: Views 90,788
I am not at all in this field.. but as I understand, there is a fundamental difference between DTH and OTT platform. The bandwidth requirement on DTH platform depends on number of channels being transmitted and does not depend on number of stb connections. Where as, OTT platform does not transmit any channel as such. If there is no viewer, there is no transmission. The bandwidth requirement on OTT platform depends on number of viewers. So, if there are 1 million viewers, there will be 1 million channels. With fibre optics we are now able to technologically meet the requirement at the cheapest rate in the world. However, even this rate is still expansive to many of consumers and in my view in country of over 1.3 billion population, DTH will continue for some time. With recording facility available in DTH STB, you are able to make any programme available to view at any suitable time.

Personally, I have fibre to home with unlimited data at free of cost provided by my organisation, I am working for. Still I look for recording facility because of Catchup/ VOD facility does not exist in a convenient way. Ease of navigation is key for a good customer experience.

As far as piracy is concerned, all the web series of tech czar like Amazon or Netflix are available to download load. It is beyond capacity of AirTel to stop it. It is just an excuse for not providing the service because of incompetance.

Anand

Yes OTT is different yet similar to DTH. OTT is platform and there are different type of OTT service and thats where the difference is.... VOD is what you consider as OTT since the bandwidth required is only when anyone wants to view it. where as Live TV stream is similar to traditional broadcasting where stream (UDP) is continuous irrespective of who ever or how many ever viewers are on the other side. mostly commonly used protocol is HLS(Https Live Streaming). Just an info and it is going off topic. i will stop it i Promise :)

Anyone have solution for this problem..

Yesterday i got my new Xstream box connection.. The other online ott applications are working good.. But my only problem is both SD and HD channels from dth are flickering and it's difficult to watch.. The Flickering is as shown below.
Any solution for this?

gE1MM8H.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have solution for this problem..

Yesterday i got my new Xstream box connection.. The other online ott applications are working good.. But my only problem is both SD and HD channels from dth are flickering and it's difficult to watch.. The Flickering is as shown below. Amy solution for this?
Try a factory reset of the box or book a technician if you don't want to do it on your own...

P.S. The pic is not showing...The "upload images" feature doesn't work so you need to click on the "Insert Image" button when you are creating a new post & paste the direct link of the uploaded image there...

Last edited:
Try a factory reset of the box or book a technician if you don't want to do it on your own...

P.S. The pic is not showing...The "upload images" feature doesn't work so you need to click on the "Insert Image" button when you are creating a new post & paste the direct link of the uploaded image there...

hAivyro.jpg

is the problem occurring immediately after switching on the box or happens later after 10mins or hour of viewing?
When i change any channel at start it lags a bit after that for like every 30secs of viewing it flickers, it keeps on flickering for every few seconds. And sometimes after more Flickering the screen becomes blank for 1sec.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock