Good Signal Quality = Good Picture Quality?

• Thread starter manig
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 22,983

manig

Reaction score
"There is basically no correlation between signal quality and picture quality, until you get to the point of picture loss. As in, a decrease in signal quality does not have a corresponding decrease in picture quality. This is a common misconception."

Is this true? :wall

I am from Jalandhar, Punjab. My Videocon D2H HD gives:

65% Signal Quality in HD channels
75% Signal Quality in SD channels

I was using TataSky HD from last over 2 years and the picture quality was much better than Videocon HD. Signal quality was also like 80-90% on TS.

- What is your signal quality on Videocon?
- How do you compare Videocon HD picture quality with TataSky HD?

do you find pixellation if yes there might be a small alignment problem or due to a faulty lnb

bprrkl said:
do you find pixellation if yes there might be a small alignment problem or due to a faulty lnb

There is no pixelation. Its just that the picture quality looks 25% compressed than TataSky HD channels. TataSkyHD channels were crystal clear. VideoconHD channels look poor in comparison. :-/

manig plz get ur dish re alligned, why are u not believing in my words

I called Videocon CC again. They say in North region (Jalandhar) we can not get more than 75% signal quality. :-/

they r lying,post a message on facebook saying that in clear weather too u r facing signal loss and ur dish needs re allignment then they will come. don't directly tell them that u want more signal quality as then they will make excuses and not come

manig said:
"There is basically no correlation between signal quality and picture quality, until you get to the point of picture loss. As in, a decrease in signal quality does not have a corresponding decrease in picture quality. This is a common misconception."

If signal quality/ strength is less, pixellation will increase and audio starts breaking/popping. Picture quality as such is not affected in Digital signals. Direct relationship to signal level is applicable in Analog signals, where you see snowy picture if signal is weak.

Zero7 said:
manig said:

If signal quality/ strength is less, pixellation will increase and audio starts breaking/popping. Picture quality as such is not affected in Digital signals. Direct relationship to signal level is applicable in Analog signals, where you see snowy picture if signal is weak.

Yes, this is correct. Videocon service engineer said the same thing.

I got my signal quality increased from 65% to 80% but it did no make any difference to Picture quality. TataSkyHD has better picture quality than VideoconHD. :angry

t82r82.jpg

Re: RE: Good Signal Quality = Good Picture Quality?

manig said:
Zero7 said:
manig said:

Yes, this is correct. Videocon service engineer said the same thing.

I got my signal quality increased from 65% to 80% but it did no make any difference to Picture quality. TataSkyHD has better picture quality than VideoconHD. :angry

t82r82.jpg

Have you done this yourself or by d2h service man?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock