Is Tata Sky HD is True HD????

RE: Tata Sky HD is not True HD

Also...Airtel as well if I am correct claims 1080p...but that is in terms of compatibility and not exactly what you get...for example the same stb shows SD channels where feed is SD...so in my opinion, claiming is correct...

also videocon d2h is the only service provider which supports signals for both ntsc tv and pal tv

dino29 said:
videocon d2h is not cheating anyone, d2h hd and hd dvr stb's support 1080 p signals, all hd chs r relayed in 1080 i resolution and stb upscales it to 1080 p if ur tv supports 1080 p resolution

can the interlaced frames converted to progressive frames just by the STB :skd:skd:skd:gn:gn:gn i dont think so bro. its not about upscaling, AFAIK they are two different technology and should be done only from the broadcaster end

bro stb can do it, u have resolution settings in stb, whatever u select all sd chs will be upscaled to that resolution

upscale will not become true hd

so d2h and RDTV telling lie without having 1080p channels

dino29 said:
bro stb can do it, u have resolution settings in stb, whatever u select all sd chs will be upscaled to that resolution

what you mean by upscaling.... i am not talking about resolution..... my question is can the interlaced frames be converted to progressive frames just by the STB..... if yes then what is the need of the high cost infrastructure required for 1080p broadcast, which is actually preventing the indian broadcasters

bharatkumarchennai said:

they claim their STB is 1080p compatible.... same way a TV manufacturer says that their TV is FULL HD 1080p :tup

bro upscaling does not give that quality which broadcasting originally at 1080i resolution gives plus sd chs telecast at 4:3 aspect ratio thus even upscaling it wont give u the picture which is even near to a 16:9 aspect ratio, 1080 i resolution pic of a hd channel

bharatkumarchennai said:

Yes they are fudging the truth. There is no 1080p source in India !
All HD channels in India are broadcast in 1080i/720p format.
Naturally your TV should be able to playback that resolution.

RDTV tells

Reliance Digital TV HD Set Top-Box uses cutting edge technology to up-scale the existing video resolution to 1080p at 50 Hz, popularly known as Full HD, by enlarging and digitally processing the video 10 times.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock