MPEG4 Migration Delay

supermachi said:
kids channels in mpeg-2 that's why not added in mpeg-4

may be.. summer holiday also soon. So they don't want to skip kids channels for mpeg2 boxes.

that too addition of rishtey in mpeg4 will create lot of pressure on ts in terms of mpeg4 migration, because this channel is available in all base packs.all will ask for mpeg4 boxes

Anirudha Das said:
But what about those who already replaces the MPEG 2 box to MPEG 4 box the migration plan is superb from TATA(SKY DTH companies needs to work on latest technology also MPEG 4 has lots of advantage.

I think ts has got the tps fro Gsat-10 i.e they are not migrating channels now as they have time till 31st Dec 2014..now ts only concentrating on channels addition they can also do the migration afterwords

any way everyone has their own predition.mpeg2 or mpeg4 is upto ts.
But the only question is, why they stopped the mpeg4 migration as of now? Can anyone ask your source? This answer may give clear picture

Md Anzar said:
I think ts has got the tps fro Gsat-10 i.e they are not migrating channels now as they have time till 31st Dec 2014..now ts only concentrating on channels addition they can also do the migration afterwords

If TATA(SKY gots the TPs from Gsat-10 then they have to add the remaining DD channels, also no budy from TATA(SKY is confirming the news that they gets the TPs from Gsat-10.

I think TS doesn't want publicity for Gsat10 TPs as it may affect future additions/carriage fees. Its in-line with their policy about secretive channel addition for which they want to maintain & prove unpredictability.
Also its possible that TS wants to reserve many TPs on Gsat10 for their old, dying & unreliable Insat TPs.

Why u guys are so excited about GSAT 10? Are 12 TP in INSAT 4A not enough? How many transponder u need ?

dipayan said:
Why u guys are so excited about GSAT 10? Are 12 TP in INSAT 4A not enough? How many transponder u need ?

Yes INSAT-4A Enough For 2 Years As Tata Sky Use Very Advance Technology An Carry 50 SD or 13-14 HD Channels In Each And Every DVB-S2 Tp With Excellent PQ

Rushil.D said:
Yes INSAT-4A Enough For 2 Years As Tata Sky Use Very Advance Technology An Carry 50 SD or 13-14 HD Channels In Each And Every DVB-S2 Tp With Excellent PQ

rushil bro, can you ask your source about delaying/ sudden stop in mpeg4 migration?

dinesh19 said:
rushil bro, can you ask your source about delaying/ sudden stop in mpeg4 migration?

Yes Bro I Ask Form My Source Which Is A Senior Nodal Officer Of Tata Sky He Said Currently Migration Box Changing Process Is Going On But He Said He Don't Have Any Updates Why Tata Sky Don't Migrate Channels To Mpeg4 :u:skd

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock