Switch from Tata Play to Airtel dth

One more good thing in tata play, I can pause and resume my 2nd tata play connection any time through app without any extra charge.
I paused and resumed my 2nd connection 4 times with in 9 months without any extra chargešŸ˜Š. This service is very useful for me.

Couldnā€™t agree more. I missed to mention this feature. Indeed this is very useful.

As I'm a tataplay fan(tatasky) sd user more than five years.l have no complaints and no repair with my tataplay technicolour set top box.i am full satisfied with aq&pq.so i request you shantisasmal please stay with tataplay and enjoy jingalala offers,emergency topup,and many more.one more thing i am not airtel hater.i am only share my experience.

Guys please don't fight among yourselves. User is asking which one is better in AQ and PQ. See Tata Play is leading DTH service with simple UI, awesome favourite feature, also channel are listed in proper way like first HD then SD unlike ADTV in which SD are put before HD.
ADTV irritates most of the time adding scroll under channel which is not going to remove. ADTV has many major channel missing whereas Tata Play is among first to add. Although, few are still left but that's not issue.
Also, price of NCF is same in both DTH, pack price is almost same so better stick to Tata Play and keep recharging to avoid late fees.
Yes

I need some suggestions regarding switching from Tata play to airtel. Shall I go for it? Which dth provides the best PQ and aq?
If you want some quality service, quality pq and aq quality, no visiting charges, no fees for temporary suspension and even long time temporary can be availed.. Simply, if u need a good dth connection u can opt Tataplay.. It has disadvantages to.. But we can give score like 80-20 ratios..

Using tatplay for nearly 8 years.. I have some issues with them to be fare.. But it will be resolved.. And even used.. Airtel xstream box for a month their big red logo is irritating by the way it is changing now.. And their technical visits not well mannered like tataplay ones.. So, I again switched back to.. Tataplay within one month.. Maybe I switched to tatplay because I used to it...alot L don't know.. But I think it worth to mention here

Last edited:
Totally disagree with your point. There customer care service is worst. Six month before I was an Airtel Black subscriber, wanted a secondary Airtel DTH connection for my 2nd room. But they never booked my connection just because they wanted to charge some money for that connection but legally they can't because I was black user and for black user service visit is always free. But these hungary people wanted service charge for my connection. Three to four times I booked second connection but always they cancelled it with some excuses. They have no control on their dealers and distributors, I also wrote all this matter to their so called Airtel Presence team on twitter but no solution.

After this matter I stopped my Airtel dth primary connection and Airtel postpaid too, and ordered two new connection of Tata Play. They installed both within in few hours and today I'm happy with Tata Play and their top class services.

Well buddy service support differs region to region so somewhere it might b excellent while in other locations it may be average or bad. As per my experience airtel digital tv service support specially their airtel presence customer desk is awesome in resolving issues .
If you go thru threads in our forum u will see many subscribers complaining that Tata Play has worse service support while there will b lot others stating that Tata Play service support is best. It is often noticed that area service staff ask for money even though installation is free, same should b conveyed to social media team of DTH operator who surely take action on it

Guys please don't fight among yourselves. User is asking which one is better in AQ and PQ. See Tata Play is leading DTH service with simple UI, awesome favourite feature, also channel are listed in proper way like first HD then SD unlike ADTV in which SD are put before HD.
ADTV irritates most of the time adding scroll under channel which is not going to remove. ADTV has many major channel missing whereas Tata Play is among first to add. Although, few are still left but that's not issue.
Also, price of NCF is same in both DTH, pack price is almost same so better stick to Tata Play and keep recharging to avoid late fees.

As far as audio and video quality is concerned i am 100 % confident and noticed that airtel digital tv is lot better than Tata Play. User Interface of Airtel and Tata Play is almost same as both use NDS or Irdeto Conditional Access and Middleware system, incase of features too airtel digital tv is on par with Tata Play as far as SD or HD boxes r concerned .Also as i have said Airtel STB be it SD, HD or Xstream have better build quality at present compared to Tata Play boxes. Airtel XStream box features and functionality wise also lot superior to Tata Play Binge STB.

Listing of SD channels before HD or vice versa on EPG of an operator is both okay and matter of personal preference which one u like most. For me former is better. Also Tata Play until now brought features or services or technology which was also used by Sky in overseas market but now that Sky and star / disney r owned by separate owners so that might be the case in the future.

Tata Play also adds ticker/scrolls on channels, only dish d2h does not add scrolls and rather adds channel removal notice on the channel itself from their headend. Scroll does not create any issue as far as i have seen , u need to just press the key twice while watching a channel for 1st command to b processed.

Airtel Digital TV has all major SD and HD channels, few HD channels r missing but viewers r not missing much as same content is available thru SD feed. Also certain international news or other chs r missing which will b added shortly. Tata Play does not have Colors Cineplex Bollywood and And Xplor HD which airs unique content thus viewers r indeed missing out on watching their favorite movies. Airtel Digital TV is lot faster than Tata Play in addition of Channels.

NCF discounted packs r available with both operators but i think airtel digital tv is offering more of such special or regional discounted bouquet / packs

I need some suggestions regarding switching from Tata play to airtel. Shall I go for it? Which dth provides the best PQ and aq?
If you are from South, I would definitely recommend Airtel for following reasons:
i) As of now, they have the best discounted long duration plans for South having them introduced new plans recently. Mainly their superstar packs. Find their latest plans from the below link so that you can see for yourself. https://assets.airtel.in/teams/simp...annels-formed-by-broadcaster-new-20052022.pdf
ii) Best picture and audio quality on all South regional channels. Have experienced it myself. Compared with my friend's Tata Play connection. Other channels picture quality are at par. Audio quality I would give Airtel an upper edge.
iii) If you are not opting for hybrid Android boxes then Airtel HD box supports unlimited USB recording and pause and play feature. This feature works on all channels without any restrictions unlike Tata Play binge plus. This feature comes at a cost of Rs.5/month.
iv) Airtel's signal is slightly better. This will be helpful during rainy season. My friend's Tata Play connection looses signal very often during rainy seasons.
v) Airtel has 3 digit LCN, so you don't have to press 4 numbers and have also seen that in Tata Play there is some delay while changing channels.
vi) With regards to customer support have not had any issue with Airtel. Max 1 day for resolution. Have heard Tata's service is best though. Can't comment on it as I haven't used tata play.
vii) I find both of their Ui to be similar. I have Airtel CalComp Hd set top box.

What you might be missing in Airtel ?
i) Some channels in both. Compare yourself and decide based on your requirements.
ii) Free technitian visits from TP though I haven't had the necessity for a visit in the last 5 years. This comes handy.
iii) Better mobile app and website with live channels, better informative EPG on some channels.
iv) Tata Play Jingalala offers.

Hope this helps.

Disagree on all points dino bro šŸ™

Customer service of ADTV cannot be compared with Tata Play, the convenience, ease to contact them, various modes to raise and solve issues is unmatched. Customers of TP have Live Chat option while Airtel have a chat bot that does next to nothing useful, they can quickly connect to a human agent on call (which can be tricky with Airtel's IVR), service visits are free and mostly on same of raising the complaint. You can even contact cc directly by Google Search.

Any user should not switch his/her DTH service expecting something that may or may not happen in future. It is not only waste of their money but also creates additional waste material of STB, Dish antenna...

Looks are personal preference

W0iTM9R.png

Late fees do not exist on Tata Play bro! Emergency credit balance is also without additional charges.

Already explained the point regarding customer support of airtel digital tv as well as tata play. Ease of contact wise too airtel digital tv is at par with tata play, only thing is that airtel does not have live chat feature which ain't much of an issue as they have many other ways of resolving issues thru self help or raising conplaint. All these options offer convenience and ease.

Service visits r free only for select subscribers in Tata Play , airtel digital tv too offers free service visits to many subscribers.

I stated that airtel will b bringing new offers, channels , features and will make changes in policy about various services bcoz they know where they r lacking and even i have shared detailed feedback with Airtel Digital TV CEO sometime back covering range of points so efforts will surely b made to better the product offering. Already u can see they r implementing new , less obstructive , stylish, compact logo across channels which was long standing demand of subscribers ... More changes will b brought about in near future. .

Abolishing Late Fee/ IMF, Reducing Minimum Recharge Amount, Providing Safe Custody / Temporary Suspension Free Of Cost for zero cost and allowing customer to avail it unlimited number of times in an year , giving option to subscribers to pause secondary connection as and when they want and many other things were part of my feedback to Respected Airtel Digital TV CEO . I am quite hopeful that modifications will b done soon and many new customer friendly policies / services will launched very soon

Service visits r free only for select subscribers in Tata Play , airtel digital tv too offers free service visits to many subscribers.
This is wrong. Tata Play service visits are free for everyone, everywhere, as many times as required, no fine print or conditions.

I hope ADTV listens to your suggestions because that would increase competition and help consumers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock