Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technician visit completed. He brought another technicolor box with him and checked. Same issue issue is there on that box too. Fortunately, Star Maa Movies HD was telecasting some new songs and the quality was pathetic like 240p. He himself said Humax boxes are very bad in quality and he was surprised that I was asking for that box. He confirmed that it is not an issue at my end, there is an issue with the broadcasting and there are several similar complaints raised earlier too for regional HD channels PQ. However, he also said the complaints were closed without any resolution as the higher authorities did not take this issue seriously.

He shot a video of me talking about the issue and he is going to forward the video to the technical team and also going let them know that the issue is not at my end. He said, I will be receiving a call from the technical team.

I will talk to the technical team once I receive the call and then I will follow-up on the chat.

However, I don't believe this issue is going to be resolved easily. It's going to take long time I guess. As @Ramesh DthSky was saying, it's pending for almost 2 years.

I will take a decision once I receive the call from Technical Team and understand their approach towards the issue.

Yes @Siva. Unless the higher level technicians as well as the management at Tata Sky accept this long shots and fast paced scenes issue (blurriness on faces of actors), prominently visible on regional music and movie HD channels, I don't believe they will resolve this any sooner. They raise the complaints and send technicians and call us, but the process stops there, and again the same chain of events start from raising a new complaint and it goes on. I experienced a lot for this issue from Tata Sky.

I remember, when i had HDMI ARC issues with Humax HD STB, they sent technicians 3 times, despite saying the issues is not my setup but issue is STB. They said they can replace my Humax HD STB (when i got it as multi TV connection last year) with Technicolor HD STB, but i would not get new one, i would get a refurbished one. I declined and i said i will stick to Humax u call ur tech head and tell him, they then called me and i told them all the issues. Still the issue is not solved and i am using Optical Cable now as it works perfectly. Its not a big issue as we have options here, but PQ issues is not it needs to be solved.
I think this will go nowhere. They don't seem to have acceptance towards the issue at higher level.

We have to keep sending emails/chat until they fix. No other way
I will try my level best bro. I don't have much patience left.

Got a call. I'm posting the conversation below.

CC: Hi, We got your complaint that you are unable to view Telugu HD channels
Me: Well, I'm able to view them however the quality is bad
CC: What is the error code you are receiving on your screen?
Me: There is no error code, but I'm not getting enough quality on these HD channels
CC: Are you in front of the TV right now?
Me: No, I'm not. I'm driving.
CC: Ok
Me: You want to check something?
CC: No, nothing
Me: You asked me if I'm in front of the TV, did you want to check something on my TV?
CC: When can you be in front of the TV?
Me: Call me back in 15 minutes
CC: Ok, will call back

She hung up and called me after 1 minute

CC: Sorry to call you back again, I have refreshed your account now you should be able to view the channels
Me: But I was able to view the channels earlier as well.
CC: You should now get good quality as I refreshed your account
Me: Ok, call me back after 15 minutes as I said and I will check and let you know.
CC: Sure

She hung up and didn't call me again!!!

I thought TS customer care guys are better than other DTHs'. However, it looks like apart from having advanced information about the packages and channel additions, they are equally dumb as others when looking into technical issues like these. They don't have an idea of the issue we are talking about, still they want to resolve it over a call with a refresh of account.

BTW, this is not the first time it happened. When I sent my first email about this issue, I got similar call and she said similar things like check now, I have refreshed your account.

I checked through chat, if the latest complaint has also been closed. Fortunately, it's not closed yet. They are saying it will be resolved by 11th (As if that's gonna happen).

You need to speak to the upper management guys, the nodal office or technical heard. U have to expect normal replies from the executives.

Got a call. I'm posting the conversation below.

CC: Hi, We got your complaint that you are unable to view Telugu HD channels
Me: Well, I'm able to view them however the quality is bad
CC: What is the error code you are receiving on your screen?
Me: There is no error code, but I'm not getting enough quality on these HD channels
CC: Are you in front of the TV right now?
Me: No, I'm not. I'm driving.
CC: Ok
Me: You want to check something?
CC: No, nothing
Me: You asked me if I'm in front of the TV, did you want to check something on my TV?
CC: When can you be in front of the TV?
Me: Call me back in 15 minutes
CC: Ok, will call back

She hung up and called me after 1 minute

CC: Sorry to call you back again, I have refreshed your account now you should be able to view the channels
Me: But I was able to view the channels earlier as well.
CC: You should now get good quality as I refreshed your account
Me: Ok, call me back after 15 minutes as I said and I will check and let you know.
CC: Sure

She hung up and didn't call me again!!!

I thought TS customer care guys are better than other DTHs'. However, it looks like apart from having advanced information about the packages and channel additions, they are equally dumb as others when looking into technical issues like these. They don't have an idea of the issue we are talking about, still they want to resolve it over a call with a refresh of account.

BTW, this is not the first time it happened. When I sent my first email about this issue, I got similar call and she said similar things like check now, I have refreshed your account.

I checked through chat, if the latest complaint has also been closed. Fortunately, it's not closed yet. They are saying it will be resolved by 11th (As if that's gonna happen).
Well have you tried tagging them in Twitter? If all of you can do it, with probably a hashtag, it could become a trend, and I am sure TS management will have a look at it.

Agree with you. I tried to explain the remote problem I had in SD STB. After 5 complaints and 5 tech visits, I upgraded to HD. Technicians visited didn't even think logically and forced me to use the remote softly.

Chatted again today. They have extended the resolution date to 16th April from 11th April. I asked them to forward the request to the technical team and not to the regular executives. They have assured me I will get a call back from the tech team. Let us see.

Chatted again today. They have extended the resolution date to 16th April from 11th April. I asked them to forward the request to the technical team and not to the regular executives. They have assured me I will get a call back from the tech team. Let us see.

You and me are in the same boat now, lets wait for them to call us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock