TS HD vs D2H HD

• Thread starter manig
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 52
  • Views: Views 8,473
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jio is providing it's best in Telecom for Digital India & same Tata Sky also doing same in DTH i.e. providing most no. of HD channel. For Digital India it is good move from SD to HD.

manig said:
I don't care how many tp who needs or who is number one. I am only comparing STB and HD channel quality and d2H is better. Its a shame they are not keeping up with business or maybe selling. I will move to TS and replace all my stb's if it happens... still have few months to recharge d2h.

Why are you guys so much favouring TS? As if its your own company or your own business. Lol.. its so funny to read the replies that make no sense. Like little kids arguing about their favorite super heroes.

HaHa You are asking this question at TS section of the forum?!!! We are loyal customers of TS and they do everything to keep us like that by Jingala Saturdays, Wednesday showcase, new channel additions, wonderful customer care(you may have seen chat snapshots informing 'scheduled activities') and amazing new Evo12 UI in Transfer+.

Anyway I hope your concerns will address soon regarding resolution and favourite channels.

PS: Welcome to TS family

PPS: You will defend TS like a child after sometime;)

manig said:
So you can verify what I am saying. I have d2H 2244 HD stb and TS standard HD stb. My led is LG 49LF5530.

HD channels on d2h stb are absolutely smooth in motion, whereas on TS, the screen judders (jerky movement) when the camera moves (jerky camera panning). I tested both stb's on same HDMI port only. d2h with 1080p and TS on 1080i (TS has no 1080p).

Component Output is Google

Its another way of watching HD content which is very usable sometimes if something is wrong with HDMI port on stb or led or simply not much free HDMI ports on your led.

There is no jerky movement or judder effect in TS. There might be something wrong in your settings somewhere or your STB may be faulty. FYI all HD channels on all DTH operators are natively in 1080i. 1080p setting on STB does not provide real 1080p. TS Transfer and 4K STBs have 1080p setting. It does not improve the picture over 1080i as the channels themselves are in 1080i. Judder can also be caused by a mismatched 50 / 60 Hz setting. Check if there is any setting on your TV for that and if available set it at 50 Hz. Also check any motion correction settings if available on the TV.

Component output - it's a thing of the past. TS has moved on and only provides the latest and best HDMI output on HD STBs. Component does not have the dynamic range or bandwidth of HDMI nor can it carry multichannel digital audio on the same cable which is so convenient.

One d2h fanboy came here, listen you Tata sky hater I myself used Tata sky and d2h both. I still have 3 HD d2h stb inactive account. I am now using Tata sky HD only because of their bad and blurred picture quality, no detailed sound quality. d2h have a rubbish stb and worst EPG. even the LNB and cable they provided very bad quality to catch signals, I got more good signal in d2h stb using LNB and cable of Tata sky . I have tested both in 32 inch LG full HD LED TV. don't post fake experience here, don't try to pull the sinking ship of d2h, everybody here is well known the quality of both...

manig said:
I am happy with both. TS offering more HD channels and d2H better quality. Just wish to have both things in one.

bro you need to check your equipments on any day ts is ahead than d2h in each category :k

and this has been proved several times in many reviews you want prove then just search old threads in DDF :k

jdrocks said:
There is no jerky movement or judder effect in TS. There might be something wrong in your settings somewhere or your STB may be faulty. FYI all HD channels on all DTH operators are natively in 1080i. 1080p setting on STB does not provide real 1080p. TS Transfer and 4K STBs have 1080p setting. It does not improve the picture over 1080i as the channels themselves are in 1080i. Judder can also be caused by a mismatched 50 / 60 Hz setting. Check if there is any setting on your TV for that and if available set it at 50 Hz. Also check any motion correction settings if available on the TV. Also try a different HDMI cable.

Component output - it's a thing of the past. TS has moved on and only provides the latest and best HDMI output on HD STBs. Component does not have the dynamic range or bandwidth of HDMI nor can it carry multichannel digital audio on the same cable which is so convenient.

i have annual active packs of d2h and TS and have shelved my d2h and not watching it even have more than 8000 balance in it due to buggy and slow software even its latest stb

TS is amazing

only drawback is 50 favourite channel
and channels cant be customize like in d2h we can hide sort channels

manig said:
I don't care how many tp who needs or who is number one. I am only comparing STB and HD channel quality and d2H is better. Its a shame they are not keeping up with business or maybe selling. I will move to TS and replace all my stb's if it happens... still have few months to recharge d2h.

Why are you guys so much favouring TS? As if its your own company or your own business. Lol.. its so funny to read the replies that make no sense. Like little kids arguing about their favorite super heroes.

I agree with you. Ts hd picture quality is soft(not expected in HD)and in scenes where camera moves, we can clearly see pixels. It is for this reason i switched from tata sky transfer + to airtel hd recently. Not sure why so much support for ts.  Even dd sound in ts is messed up. I have used sundirect hd, dish tv , tatasky hd and airtel hd(in a span of 3 years,( i kept sh#ting based on hd channel availibility). Out of all these dth w.r.t hd pic quality , ts is the worst. The good about ts- hardware, customer service, epg, channel addition. Ts is all gloss on the outside (epg, remote) and what matters(hd pic quality and sound) is weak
And if people need to compare hd pic quality- my suggestion used sony lcd or led.

manig said:
So you can verify what I am saying. I have d2H 2244 HD stb and TS standard HD stb. My led is LG 49LF5530.

HD channels on d2h stb are absolutely smooth in motion, whereas on TS, the screen judders (jerky movement) when the camera moves (jerky camera panning). I tested both stb's on same HDMI port only. d2h with 1080p and TS on 1080i (TS has no 1080p).

Component Output is Google

Its another way of watching HD content which is very usable sometimes if something is wrong with HDMI port on stb or led or simply not much free HDMI ports on your led.
Dude, ts has 1080p option in transfer + box. Fyi- no channel in india broadcast in 1080p. Its only 1080i . Very few channels in the world transmit in 1080p

cruise712 said:
I agree with you. Ts hd picture quality is soft(not expected in HD)and in scenes where camera moves, we can clearly see pixels. It is for this reason i switched from tata sky transfer + to airtel hd recently. Not sure why so much support for ts.  Even dd sound in ts is messed up. I have used sundirect hd, dish tv , tatasky hd and airtel hd(in a span of 3 years,( i kept sh#ting based on hd channel availibility). Out of all these dth w.r.t hd pic quality , ts is the worst. The good about ts- hardware, customer service, epg, channel addition. Ts is all gloss on the outside (epg, remote) and what matters(hd pic quality and sound) is weak
And if people need to compare hd pic quality- my suggestion used sony lcd or led.

its because others are getting very good picture quality people are not fool to support :no :no

even i am not fool to pay 600 PM to ts even i have adtv hd but prefer ts as they have simply more hd channels and for me all DTH HD pq is same :k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock