TS HD vs D2H HD

• Thread starter manig
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 52
  • Views: Views 8,473
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rushil.D said:
its because others are getting very good picture quality people are not fool to support :no :no

even i am not fool to pay 600 PM to ts even i have adtv hd but prefer ts as they have simply more hd channels and for me all DTH HD pq is same :k

Its like saying just because a lot of people buy maruthi car thats is the Best in quality.

cruise712 said:
I agree with you. Ts hd picture quality is soft(not expected in HD)and in scenes where camera moves, we can clearly see pixels. It is for this reason i switched from tata sky transfer + to airtel hd recently. Not sure why so much support for ts.  Even dd sound in ts is messed up. I have used sundirect hd, dish tv , tatasky hd and airtel hd(in a span of 3 years,( i kept sh#ting based on hd channel availibility). Out of all these dth w.r.t hd pic quality , ts is the worst. The good about ts- hardware, customer service, epg, channel addition. Ts is all gloss on the outside (epg, remote) and what matters(hd pic quality and sound) is weak
And if people need to compare hd pic quality- my suggestion used sony lcd or led.

The pros outweigh the cons by miles as far as TS is concerned. That's why I ditched Airtel PVR and DishTV long ago.

cruise712 said:
Its like saying just because a lot of people buy maruthi car thats is the Best in quality.

i still remember in starting you was used to say that "don't doubt or say my experience fake"

same with others too if you are getting bad pq then there must be some mistake in your ts box or some other problems

if 10 out of 8 people are getting very good pq in ts you can't say their experience too fake :no :no

Rushil.D said:
i still remember in starting you was used to say that "don't doubt or say my experience fake"

same with others too if you are getting bad pq then there must be some mistake in your ts box or some other problems

if 10 out of 8 people are getting very good pq in ts you can't say their experience too fake :no :no

Agree with you. But please explore on terms like audiophile and videophile. Maybe some people have a kneen eye for detail while some people overlook these things. Just my opinion. Not insulting anyone.

I have decided to switch to TS within this month, but after going through all the posts I have taken a pause. I watch only HD channels and by spending 358 pm I'm getting all HD channels available in d2h. Now I need to question myself do I need those extra HD channels of TS and that too by spending double? The answer is NO. I don't watch &TV, sab, ESPN, any movie channels as those are already in my stock, regional channels (Bengali for me). So my final decision is not to switch to TS. Sorry TS lovers.

Pranab said:
I have decided to switch to TS within this month, but after going through all the posts I have taken a pause. I watch only HD channels and by spending 358 pm I'm getting all HD channels available in d2h. Now I need to question myself do I need those extra HD channels of TS and that too by spending double? The answer is NO. I don't watch &TV, sab, ESPN, any movie channels as those are already in my stock, regional channels (Bengali for me). So my final decision is not to switch to TS. Sorry TS lovers.
As your wish :p ts is not going to be bankrupt if you didn't move :p :D

Why so much hate? In 9 months in ddf, I never felt such hatred! Now I understand manig bro's post#27. Also it's hard to understand why no one is getting his point in post#29?

Pranab said:
Why so much hate? In 9 months in ddf, I never felt such hatred! Now I understand manig bro's post#27. Also it's hard to understand why no one is getting his point in post#29?

you are taking it as a wrong bro :s :shy

its just an discussion if you feel hate by just this then search past threads :shy

jdrocks said:
There is no jerky movement or judder effect in TS. There might be something wrong in your settings somewhere or your STB may be faulty. FYI all HD channels on all DTH operators are natively in 1080i. 1080p setting on STB does not provide real 1080p. TS Transfer and 4K STBs have 1080p setting. It does not improve the picture over 1080i as the channels themselves are in 1080i. Judder can also be caused by a mismatched 50 / 60 Hz setting. Check if there is any setting on your TV for that and if available set it at 50 Hz. Also check any motion correction settings if available on the TV.

Component output - it's a thing of the past. TS has moved on and only provides the latest and best HDMI output on HD STBs. Component does not have the dynamic range or bandwidth of HDMI nor can it carry multichannel digital audio on the same cable which is so convenient.

As said earlier, I checked every setting on same HDMI port as used for d2H with TS at 50hz/60hz 1080i/720i/720p but nothing works. The TS stb is just not good enough. Maybe TS standard HD (mine says made in Thailand and Technicolor logo) has an old board and d2H stb's are faster and newer technology. No wonder d2H has USB recording facility on all there stb's.

I tested TS on my other Samsung 40" led and HD channels stutter even there.

Component is old tech but quality wise no difference from HDMI. Two weeks ago due to lightning the hdmi port on my d2h stb, TS stb and Led tv were blown away. I had to replace TS stb. But d2H kept working as it had component output too. Its not essential but was beneficial in my scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock