Videocon d2h HD software updated - USB Recording enabled

• Thread starter Ahmar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 217
  • Views: Views 165,970
kirkuke said:
how to degrade

I spoke to CC and they told me that it is not possible to downgrade the software. They received a complaint and told that technician will come and check the STB within 24 hrs. Let me see what happens next..

They replaced the STB today based on my complaint at 11:30AM. However service is not yet restored as the data is not updated in their system by the technician.

The replaced STB has Download ID 20.

EDIT: Activation happened after 1.5 Days. The technician hadn't updated the database. Finally after 3 complaints I got it activated after 35 Hrs. But I have a bad box. Color and picture quality is bad in the box I got. Blue tinge on pictures and picture is not sharp.

Also, rep told me that on 31st Jan, all will get DVR software upgrade and DVR service will start.

hd tuner box has only one Tuner ..isnt it?
is had box also having two wires from LNB as like HD DVR box?
How will it able to record one programme and watch another programme or record two simultaneously programme?

I don't think in HD Box, you will be able to watch one channel and record another. Either you watch and record the same channel or record a channel when you are away. Technically there is a possibility to record all the channels in a mux at the same time. ie, all the channels in a transponder having same freq, polarization but different PIDs can be recorded. But it needs more horsepower and not sure if the USB 2 can handle so much of data transfer. So, they will limit recording one channel at a time in HD box.

pras2 said:
hd tuner box has only one Tuner ..isnt it?
is had box also having two wires from LNB as like HD DVR box?
How will it able to record one programme and watch another programme or record two simultaneously programme?

no hd box has only one wire and only watch and record facility is der..

Is sun direct usb recording able to record one watch another?

If yes., videocon should also do like this

pras2 said:
Is sun direct usb recording able to record one watch another?

If yes., videocon should also do like this

dual tuners needed to do that, only hd dvr has this feature.. hd boxes have single tuners that means you can't watch another channel while recording.

In sun direct quick duide it says channels on one transponder can be watched while recording other.

Quote from sun direct guide
" Can I watch one channel while recording another?
o This feature is currently not available for all channels on your set-top box. You can only view channels of the same transponder"

Similar text also there in hd dvr guide
a6e9emev.jpg

What exactly thia group of channels?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock