Future of various DTHs in India

• Thread starter Thread starter sudheep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 171
  • Views Views: Views 14,071
Status
Not open for further replies.
geekvishal said:
There are many transponders on ST- 2 which can be hired. When d2h needs it. And add whole bunch of channel in a go. The subscription base after a year or two will speak which DTH had stand out. Just wait and watch. :)

It doesn't matter how many TPs ST-2 has, because D2h cannot just go to the Mitsubishi's headquarter and pay money and hire those additional TPs. ;)

First ISRO has to sign agreement for those tps with Mitsubishi. After that it is upto ISRO whether to provide those tps to D2h or some other operator

Re: RE: Future of various DTHs in India

Sarkar said:
It doesn't matter how many TPs ST-2 has, because D2h cannot just go to the Mitsubishi's headquarter and pay money and hire those additional TPs. ;)

First ISRO has to sign agreement for those tps with Mitsubishi. After that it is upto ISRO whether to provide those tps to D2h or some other operator

Ys Antrix approval is must to hire tps.but now relaxation is there coz the tp crunch of isro.for ex:Sundirect got easy approval from antrix to hire tps from upcomming Measat-3b

sudheep said:
Ys Antrix approval is must to hire tps.but now relaxation is there coz the tp crunch of isro.for ex:Sundirect got easy approval from antrix to hire tps from upcomming Measat-3b
u call it easy after waiting for so many years :lol

And it will take another 1 year to add channels from those tps

Sarkar said:

Dude, don't they know what they have to do? If Dish TV can hire transponders on multiple satellites. Why can't d2h hire new transponders? They know where they have to put money to get work done faster. More than you and I can even imagine. They are not in a space crunch right now, so it is useless to talk about the transponders. Last time when they were running out of space, they hired two transponders in no time.

Anirudha said:
Court of dishtv already decides first provide rest of STAR SPORTS channels then the deal will seal :)

Yes bcuz this time dish tv has the wild card in its hand and star knows how much profit they get from dish tv which is much more than from what they get from other DTH in India bcuz still no one knows how much subscribers dish tv have and dish tv also doesn't wants to tell the number of active subscribers they have :lol

geekvishal said:
Dude, don't they know what they have to do? If Dish TV can hire transponders on multiple satellites. Why can't d2h hire new transponders? They know where they have to put money to get work done faster. More than you and I can even imagine. They are not in a space crunch right now, so it is useless to talk about the transponders. Last time when they were running out of space, they hired two transponders in no time.

Dude forget about satellite space problems bcuz soon most of channels on all DTH d2h, dish tv, Tatasky and airtel etc are going to be removed from base pack's. Now here at least dish TV customers will get zee channels free in base packs and Tatasky customers will get star channels free in base packs but what about d2h and airtel bcuz their customers will suffer the most :tup

geekvishal said:

My dear I think u forget that Dish is using MPEG 2 so they require double number of tps compare to MPEG4.

Sarkar said:
My dear I think u forget that Dish is using MPEG 2 so they require double number of tps compare to MPEG4.
I know. Now think about their future after two years when it will be raining channels. How many transponders they can hire to accommodate MPEG 2 codec channels? Either they will have to move to Mpeg 4 like Tata Sky. Investing heavily on STBs, or continue their work of hiring more transponders on more satellites. [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom