Future of various DTHs in India

• Thread starter Thread starter sudheep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 171
  • Views Views: Views 14,071
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarkar said:
Still they have to replace close to 8 millions.

Yes i knows that Migration is not a easy thats a reason TATA(SKY stops migration as of now.

Re: RE: Future of various DTHs in India

geekvishal said:
I know. Now think about their future after two years when it will be raining channels. How many transponders they can hire to accommodate MPEG 2 codec channels? Either they will have to move to Mpeg 4 like Tata Sky. Investing heavily on STBs, or continue their work of hiring more transponders on more satellites. [emoji4]

They will not migrate to MPEG 4 anytime soon. So they have to hire more tp. That's why they demand carriage fee , tax relief etc

Re: RE: Future of various DTHs in India

Anirudha said:
Yes i knows that Migration is not a easy thats a reason TATA(SKY stops migration as of now.

And I don't think that they will give free MPEG 4 box.

Sarkar said:
And I don't think that they will give free MPEG 4 box like Tatasky.

They won't give it free like 1 month warranty kind, they will charge it and give 1 year warranty.

if they are planning to start migration.its better for them to give the most advanced DVB-S2X settop boxes

next yr TS will introduce dvbs2x boxes in market as they already signed a deal with technicolor

next yr TS will introduce dvbs2x boxes in market as they already signed a deal with technicolor

What's the use if no channels? And whatever a few available are at a higher price!

With the 4K technological demonstration by Videocon D2h and Live FIFA 2014 world cup match Broadcast in UHD by Tatasky, it's clear that both DTH company have very bright future but what about others ? :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom