Future of various DTHs in India

• Thread starter Thread starter sudheep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 171
  • Views Views: Views 14,071
Status
Not open for further replies.
geekvishal said:
I know. Now think about their future after two years when it will be raining channels. How many transponders they can hire to accommodate MPEG 2 codec channels? Either they will have to move to Mpeg 4 like Tata Sky. Investing heavily on STBs, or continue their work of hiring more transponders on more satellites.

One thing is to clarify here from Nov. 2012 all STBs of dishtv is based on MPEG 4, I myself using MEPG 4 based dish + STB from last year now dishtv only needs to migrate old customers box :k

Re: RE: Future of various DTHs in India

Anirudha said:
One thing is to clarify here from Nov. 2012 all STBs of dishtv is based on MPEG 4, I myself using MEPG 4 based dish + STB from last year now dishtv only needs to migrate old customers box :k
I was talking about old customers only. :) It is a hard task.

geekvishal said:
I was talking about old customers only. :) It is a hard task.

No hard task because I think they have sufficient box to migrate until 2015 when dishtv going to shift to SES 8 with MPEG 4 technology.

Anirudha said:
No hard task because I think they have sufficient box to migrate until 2015 when dishtv going to shift to SES 8 with MPEG 4 technology.
You mean it is easy to go to village to village and house to house to replace STBs?

its a herculian task for dish tv to migrate to mpeg4 now.coz their sub base is very high.let them change their old UI first

It may not the easy but its also not a hard task if you have sufficient number of STBs you can do migration task easily.

Anirudha said:
It may not the easy but its also not a hard task if you have sufficient number of STBs you can do migration task easily.
can stb go directly to users home without any help, man force also needed to do the task,
It's like a person have four stb's but without TV set.

Gssran said:
can stb go directly to users home without any help, man force also needed to do the task,
It's like a person have four stb's but without TV set.

Thats a reason I am saying its a hard task but its not impossible they need sufficient number of STBs and they needs technicians too if one of the two things not there on hand you can't succeed in Monstrous Migration.

Anirudha said:

Still they have to replace close to 8 millions.

Anirudha said:

Do u have any report which suggest MPEG 4 will be compress with SES 8 ? I think it's just your imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom