HBO Defined and HBO Hits channels launched delayed by tata sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
But No Official Announcement From HBO About Price Hike

So tata sky is right as far as the price is concerned of these 2 feeds as this going to be the new price now and it also means that it will surely will be added on the last day of this year or first day of next year. But as per feedback, they are showing same type of content on both channels, then not worth. Anyway let us see as till now we did not get any feedback for HD feeds of these two channels regarding HD quality, sound, and other things...

samtag1100 said:
So tata sky is right as far as the price is concerned of these 2 feeds as this going to be the new price now and it also means that it will surely will be added on the last day of this year or first day of next year. But as per feedback, they are showing same type of content on both channels, then not worth. Anyway let us see as till now we did not get any feedback for HD feeds of these two channels regarding HD quality, sound, and other things...

As far as HD quality of these two channels is concerned, PQ is excellent on Dish TV and so is AQ although Dish does not offer them in Dolby audio.

jdrocks said:
As far as HD quality of these two channels is concerned, PQ is excellent on Dish TV and so is AQ although Dish does not offer them in Dolby audio.

Thanks for u feedback. So I hope it will be in same quality on Tata Sky as well and hope to see some really exclusive content on these feeds, otherwise with addition of zee studio HD in future (sooner or later), continuing with movie pack at 60 rs per month is better than that with 3 hd feeds to it :)

gautamsky said:
Last weekend TS allowed its subscribers to view all Showcase channels worth Rs 265 FREE of cost. :p
me_saket said:
free can be only expect on Saturday offer
and not on new channel launch
although SWP was free for 2 days on Saturday and sunday

Free preview or Sat offer is like an investment which TS will add to the cost of the channel expecting that atleast few people will continue with channel.
A thought is planted in the minds of prospective subscribers & image is created in the minds of viewer.

Free preview or Saturday Jingalala offers are required to entice people to subcribe more to a-la-carte or active services which will help increase ARPU for the DTH.
DTH may think that just subscription to packs will stagnate their ARPU from a perticular user. So a different kind of thinking is required to increase ARPU by adding different layers to existing model of package subscription. This includes creating & adding different services, premium channels apart from what general user is used to. This helps in extracting more & more revenue from the users.

The biggest problem TS facing for special category HD channel is HD Access Fee which they should not be charging for these channels as per TRAI.

Let say for example, I only want to watch Star World Premier HD and not interested in other HD channels since they are available in SD as well but I have to pay.

Star World Premier HD --> Rs 60/- per month + Rs 100/- per month = Rs 160/- per month

same applicable for HBO Hits and HBO Defined. Honestly, it is not serving the purpose of digitization where user will watch only those channels which they want to.

100% correct. These special feeds are being charged as per the price from broadcaster. So as we are paying full amount let us say 99 in case of HBO HD, we must not be forced to have that 100 HD access fee. In other words, it my choice to watch only these 2 feeds in HD by paying 99 rupees as we are paying total amount for that...

All of us must sent a mail to tatasky CEO as well as concerned authority for the same. All the special HD services must be out of HD access fees, which should be applicable to normal HD feeds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock