[Pics and Interview]Videocon d2h dealer's meeting

Biswajit.HD

Contributor
Reaction score
Pictures of the Videocon d2h dealer's meeting held in Hotel Sankam, Belgaum (Karnataka) :

zUgeb.jpg

msYkE.jpg

Ci31f.jpg

Mvyov.jpg

4MZWj.jpg

NYBXW.jpg

YnNF2.jpg

frBqW.jpg

tapk6.jpg

DjK15.jpg

pPL3J.jpg

SUgQL.jpg

Elwkq.jpg

Points discussed during the dealer’s meet :

• Videocon d2h emerging as number one DTH in India, both in channel addition and quality
• Marketing strategy of Videocon d2h
• Videocon d2h 3D HD DVR with 500 GB Internal Hard disk
• 22 Asli HD channels (tru hd with 1080 I standard). 3 more HD channels to be added soon (Names not revealed)
• More SD channels coming to d2h platform

My personal questions to Mr Sripathy Shanbhag, Head d2h (marketing division) North Karnataka Region :

Me : Sir, How do you make yourself stand today with digitization in India in metro’s, and your competition with other dth and digital cable.
Mr Sripathy: As you know, Videocon d2h is one of the fastest growing d2h player in India, we are growing in terms of subscriber base and also in terms of channel addition and quality. In coming days we want to go pan-India and increase our subscriber base through introduction of good quality hardware and channels keeping in mind the Indian viewership.
Currently d2h is providing maximum number of channels in lowest subscriber base pack also as compared to other dth. As far as digital cable is concerned, competition will always be there, but customer service of dth will be a challenge to digital cable. Only time will tell, how they will be able tackle to customer problems and package selection etc, swiftly as compared to dth customer service.

Me : Why did Videocon d2h shifted from ST1 to ST2 satellite, any specific reasons?
Mr Sripathy : We were running out of tp space in ST1, we needed a new satellite for more tp space for more SD and also new HD channel accomodation. Secondly, with ST2 we have a good footprint over India, especially in North Eastern states, where we were selling 90 cm dish for better reception. Now with ST2 in effect, and good footprint, North Eastern states have been covered with good footprint and also with 60 cm dish, one can receive good signals of d2h in that region.

Me : How does solar outage effect dth transmission?
Mr Sripathy : Actually solar outage is a natural phenomenon which happens generally once a year, hence all dth including d2h issues a notice to all subscribers through info channel, that there may be interruption in signal reception due to the solar outage phenomenon.
For more information you can log on to google and search about the scientific phenomenon in detail.

Me : Are you extending d2h (ST2) footprint to middle east countries??
Mr Sripathy : Now we are specifically concentrating in India and want to be the top dth player in India, about future prospects I am not in a position to tell about company plan’s. Hope for the best.

Me: Thanks sir for your time and explaination..
Mr Sripathy : My pleasure, thank you very much, hope you have enjoyed the dealer’s meet today. Welcome to the world of Videocon d2h.

Thanks everyone, i will scan the videocon d2h brochures distributed among the dealer's and post it later in forum, so that everyone can know the latest packages of d2h :)

Biswajit.HD

Co-Admin, Dream DTH

Dr.Siva said:
3 HD Channels Addition bro?

In this Month or December bro?

:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh

No explaination on part of videocon d2h about that, but its 100 percent face to face interview, that 22 asli HD channels going to made 25 soon... :) So all HD viewers enjoy :eek:hya
They have not revealed the channel names too ...

Much Awaited post. Thanks for the share bhai. :tup

Good days ahead for d2h users :eek:hya

Biswajit.HD said:
Dr.Siva said:
3 HD Channels Addition bro?

In this Month or December bro?

:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh

No explaination on part of videocon d2h about that, but its 100 percent face to face interview, that 22 asli HD channels going to made 25 soon... :) So all HD viewers enjoy :eek:hya
They have not revealed the channel names too ...

:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp:sp

karthik said:
Exclusive Schemes,Target, info in Dealer Meeting. ? ? ?
Target : to become number one dth player in India, they are focussing on regional channels, thats why all of us are observing addition of so much regional channels on d2h...

Schemes are there in the printed d2h brochures : i have told in the first post that i will scan them and post in this thread as soon as possible. All packages and scheme discussion not possible to post. So better i will give a softcopy here in ddf as post and also as attachment so that everyone can download also... :)

I guess that will be better... :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock