Saregama appoints Tata Sky CCO Vikram Mehra as MD

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
Vikram Mehra, Chief Commercial Officer at DTH provider Tata Sky has been appointed Managing Director of music label Saregama India.

Mehra will join the company by end of October 2014 and fills the void left by the departure of Surya Mantha, who was previously with Omidiyar Networks.

As per his LinkedIn profile, Mehra was with Tata Sky for around ten and a half years, joining the company in April 2004.

At the company, he was responsible for “Subscription Revenue Management, Churn Management, Brand Marketing, New Product Devt, Customer Analytics, Interactive Service Operations, Consumer Research and PR”.

Prior to joining Tata Sky, he was with News Corp owned STAR TV as Vice President, before which he was with the Tata group for around seven years.

Mehra has the unenviable task of transforming an old-world music label into a digital business, and more importantly, expanding what is likely to be its core business in the future: films.

A move up the value chain is a key means of surviving the switch to digital.

Mantha has begun some of this: firstly, he rightly switched the focus of the company from phyiscal sales to digital, so that Saregama would focus largely on digital rights, and brought in a team with experience with both digital and music: including his former colleagues Avinash Mudaliar and Keshaw Sinha.

Saregama appoints Tata Sky CCO Vikram Mehra as MD - MediaNama

Tata Sky's Vikram Mehra to join Saregama as MD | TelevisionPost.com

Vikram Mehra to quit Tata Sky and join Saregama as MD | Indian Television Dot Com

Re: RE: Saregama appoints Tata Sky CCO Vikram Mehra as MD

Karan Rockz said:
He deserves to be the CEO of Tata sky, better than no use Mr.Nagpal.:p:dodgy

Agree bro sometime i thought that dino29 was right, dont know what is Mr. Nagpal done from last 5 years, vikram mehra is most deserving person for ceo of tata sky.

Tata sky is only surviving bcoz of there quality.

His exit from tata sky is good sign for customers because I got negative reply from vikram mehra when I sent him email requesting new channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock