Setting up my first Receiver

xibalban

Reaction score
Hello folks,

After a lot of research (online), and brain-dump sessions on topics like LNB, C & Ku Bands, Satellites, Switches, STBs, CCCAMs, etc, I have finally decided to take the DIY route to watch TV at home.

My online research tells me that this is the best forum, amidst so many DTH forums. I registered instantly, and hope to receive assistance and fruitful interaction here.

My requirements are as follows:

1. I have two TV sets: A 42" LED Full HD Philips (for my viewing) and a 21" CRT Philips (for my parents).
2. I wish to watch HD infotainment & sports channels (Nat Geo, HistoryTV, AXN, StarSportsHD1234, other foreign FTA HD channels if available)
3. My parents watch only NepalTV (also known as NTV), available on Thaicom-5 78.5° C-Band through our cable operator.
4. I wish to remove the cable connection due to lack of HD channels, reliability issues, downtimes, etc

I would have taken a Videocon HD paid service and subscribed to multi tv option, but they do not broadcast NepalTV. Hence, I am "planning" to acquire a C Band Dish (like the SOLID 5 feet version), and mount C+Ku dual band LNBs. I'd pair the same with a FTA HD set-top-box, add more LNBs using DiSEqC and subscribe to HD channels using CCCAM.

However, I'm a little apprehensive to commit myself fully towards buying the CPE. I'm not sure on which STB, LNB, Dish, etc to buy (price is not a constraint but I don't wish to overkill). I thought that I'd take a second opinion here.

Cheers!!

amansingh said:
Bro you won't get star1234hd channels through cccam

Well, perhaps there's a way to watch alternative sports HD channels then. I watch mostly soccer, the Spanish League (La Liga), German Bundesliga, French Serie A and English Premiere League.

xibalban said:
Well, perhaps there's a way to watch alternative sports HD channels then. I watch mostly soccer, the Spanish League (La Liga), German Bundesliga, French Serie A and English Premiere League.
What are the alternative sports channels?

amansingh said:
What are the alternative sports channels?

I'll let you know once I set my receiver up, and do a blind-scan! ;)

For now, you may advise me on what my equipment must be! Let's not distract other users from my original post.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock