Breaking Viacom 18 Set To Launch Colors Kannada Cinema On September 24th

I think Star has no mood of business in kannada market. That's why they are not improving their flagship channel Star Suvarna. Also, No one cares about the existence of Star Suvarna Plus. :wall::wall::wall:
Same applicable to Tamil also no one knows about existence of Vijay Super
The opposite is true in WB. Everyone cares about Star Jalsha (Zee Bangla also). Nobody cares about Colors Bangla.
Star is successful in WB/Kerala and a failure in Karnataka. Viacom is successful in Karnataka and flop in WB.
Although Suvarna Plus exists, it is not a 'channel'; it is a disaster.
Can you explain? Also, is Udaya Movies better than SSP? That is the only proper Kannada movie channel until CKC. Public Movies doesn't count.

Last edited:
The opposite is true in WB. Everyone cares about Star Jalsha (Zee Bangla also). Nobody cares about Colors Bangla.
Star is successful in WB/Kerala and a failure in Karnataka. Viacom is successful in Karnataka and flop in WB.

Can you explain? Also, is Udaya Movies better than SSP? That is the only proper Kannada movie channel until CKC. Public Movies doesn't count.

Sun Network has the largest Kannada movie library on the planet and have no skills in organizing it. Blockbusters and superhit movies are aired on Udaya TV only. Udaya Movies rarely airs new movies. It sticks to movies that have been released in 70s, 80s and 90s. However, since these movies are good, they have a lot of re-watch value. With advent of useless mega serials and countless repetitions of the same on GECs, people tend to pass their time with Udaya Movies and Udaya Comedy.

On the other hand, Star Suvarna Plus is a lost and confused kid. It was launched as a secondary GEC, aired some original content (like 20%) in the beginning, then acted as backup channel and aired re-run of oldest suvarna programs, then started telecasting movies which were never released in theatres, B-grade, masala movies during midnight, losing the channel value, then started to air some 'okay' movies in day time with lowest picture quality, then became a kannada substitute for star sports. This channel has seen the wrath of the management and probably isn't even considered to be a competition to any channel in the market. There is literally no focus on this channel except for the logo and graphic elements by Star.

Public movies is something I don't know about because I haven't watched it. Appears to be rubbish considering the ratings and the content.

Comparing Udaya Movies and SSP, UM gets 6/10 and SSP gets 1/10. Udaya Movies is the only proper movie channel in Kannada as per me.

Viacom has brains and so do their channels in kannada. I honestly had thought Colors Super would become another SSP but this turned false. Their channel packaging, programming, exclusive content and all have made CS's place solid in Karnataka. The ratings go sky high for Super when a new Bigg Boss season starts. This keeps both Colors channels in the top. Their interactive programming has paid them well. Encashing this popularity, they are now going for CKCinema which would have also involved lot of brainwork. The movie library they have is small compared to Udaya but they have many new movies in their pocket. With proper lignup of movies and aggressive approach to capture the market, I believe they have everything they need to be number one in movies segment of channels also. They would beat Udaya Movies easily if Udaya still sits idle about the status of 'Udaya News'. (I hope they convert Udaya News to Udaya Classic/Life to air old movies and make Udaya Movies as a contemporary movie channel).

Here is the original logo:
5b96716ad4f44onair_inner.png

public movies better than ssp they have good old movies may be taken from udaya movies but some new movies which are ssp level

Sun Network has the largest Kannada movie library on the planet and have no skills in organizing it. Blockbusters and superhit movies are aired on Udaya TV only. Udaya Movies rarely airs new movies. It sticks to movies that have been released in 70s, 80s and 90s. However, since these movies are good, they have a lot of re-watch value. With advent of useless mega serials and countless repetitions of the same on GECs, people tend to pass their time with Udaya Movies and Udaya Comedy.

On the other hand, Star Suvarna Plus is a lost and confused kid. It was launched as a secondary GEC, aired some original content (like 20%) in the beginning, then acted as backup channel and aired re-run of oldest suvarna programs, then started telecasting movies which were never released in theatres, B-grade, masala movies during midnight, losing the channel value, then started to air some 'okay' movies in day time with lowest picture quality, then became a kannada substitute for star sports. This channel has seen the wrath of the management and probably isn't even considered to be a competition to any channel in the market. There is literally no focus on this channel except for the logo and graphic elements by Star.

Public movies is something I don't know about because I haven't watched it. Appears to be rubbish considering the ratings and the content.

Comparing Udaya Movies and SSP, UM gets 6/10 and SSP gets 1/10. Udaya Movies is the only proper movie channel in Kannada as per me.

Viacom has brains and so do their channels in kannada. I honestly had thought Colors Super would become another SSP but this turned false. Their channel packaging, programming, exclusive content and all have made CS's place solid in Karnataka. The ratings go sky high for Super when a new Bigg Boss season starts. This keeps both Colors channels in the top. Their interactive programming has paid them well. Encashing this popularity, they are now going for CKCinema which would have also involved lot of brainwork. The movie library they have is small compared to Udaya but they have many new movies in their pocket. With proper lignup of movies and aggressive approach to capture the market, I believe they have everything they need to be number one in movies segment of channels also. They would beat Udaya Movies easily if Udaya still sits idle about the status of 'Udaya News'. (I hope they convert Udaya News to Udaya Classic/Life to air old movies and make Udaya Movies as a contemporary movie channel).
You seem to know quite a lot about Kannada movie channels. It seems Colors Super HD should be launched ASAP as they have original shows + Bigg Boss + movies.
Star should follow what it did in Marathi. One GEC and that's it. No movie channel, nothing. Asianet Movies, Jalsha Movies and Maa Movies will survive but not SSP or Vijay Super. The same thing is done by Colors outside Karnataka.

Last edited:
You seem to know quite a lot about Kannada movie channels. It seems Colors Super HD should be launched ASAP as they have original shows + Bigg Boss + movies.
Star should follow what it did in Marathi. One GEC and that's it. No movie channel, nothing. Asianet Movies, Jalsha Movies and Maa Movies will survive but not SSP or Vijay Super. The same thing is done by Colors outside Karnataka.
Don't compare 'Asianet movies' with any other star channels. Its a good channel with numerous good movies and comparatively better schedule 👌

Don't compare 'Asianet movies' with any other star channels. Its a good channel with numerous good movies and comparatively better schedule 👌
I said Asianet Movies will succeed. It has so many movies and it should try to launch HD. Jalsha Movies and Star Maa Movies also have a big movie library (in fact JM has a monopoly on Bangla movies just like AM has on Malayalam movies). Star Maa Gold, SSP and VS don't know how to manage their schedule, whether they are movie channels or secondary GECs or what. :wall:

Last edited:
Also, this might pave way to Zee and Suvarna to have a separate movie-focused channels. Although Suvarna Plus exists, it is not a 'channel'; it is a disaster.
Stars many channels are becoming disaster now a days.But I think Star Suvarna is better than Star Asianet but its all about ratings,made something reverse.
But that brain was worked only in Kannada😀.They are flop in Bangla, Tamil and Average in Marathi. Since they are getting good rating in Kannada they are spending more money there. Thats only.I don't think its a bigthing in all india level.

Last edited:
But that brain was worked only in Kannada😀.They are flop in Bangla, Tamil and Average in Marathi. Since they are getting good rating in Kannada they are spending more money there. Thats only.I don't think its a bigthing in all india level.
they are teasting ETV's popularity on Kannada market. They have no creativity on that. They are only successful by their own hard work is in Hindi market through Colors. Colors Tamil, their own creativity, is totaly flop, not even top 5 till now. Colors Odia has needed shut down. Colors Bangla also has no effect on bengali market. Colors Gujarati is ok as they are single player there. Its mean they have not gained too much popularity in regional market. Hope, it is the main reason for delaying their entry on Telugu & Malayalam markets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock