Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramesh DthSky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 540
  • Views Views: Views 78,231
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all of the TS HD users using 32 Inch to 55 Inch TV has said they get very good PQ. Even Sony BBC earth HD is quite good. Hmm wonder what the issue can be
If you watch this channel on Sun or Airtel you wouldn't say this. This channel has the best picture quality among all the infotainment HD channels. On TS, it just doesn't have that quality.

Let me speak to my friend who is a Sony Retailer, he has TS and A.DTV also for display. I will have a look and ask him about the issue. If he has nay sensible solution or any thing like that i will tell you

@Siva bro, what is your Motion Flow settings ??? Is it Standard, Smooth or Custom. ?
I don't have that setting bro. Only led motion mode is there, that's set to On.

I don't have that setting bro. Only led motion mode is there, that's set to On.

I went to the store and i did a detailed check on Sony LED TV (4K and FHD). I saw the PQ of TS and ADTV (SD and HD channels). The HD channels looked almost same on both platforms. SD channels were more clear and sharp on TS as you said.

I checked the PQ settings of the TV (4K and FHD) and most of them were set to Vivid (Sports Channels running) and they looked great. I asked them to change it to Standard, and then the brightness was reduced and still it looked great. All the settings were 50% of the total value.

For motion flow, they told me to set it to Smooth if one faces blurriness and pixelation on fast scenes. It was set to standard and i didnt notice any such issue in any TV (ADTV and TS)

He didnt have South HD channels to show as he didnt opt for it. All other channels like Movies, GEC, Infotainment HD (including Sony BBC Earth HD) looked fantastic.

He had TVs for display from 32 inch right up to 65inch. They also have a 75inch but lack of space to keep for display. As the TV gets bigger the quality of SD channels begins to fade off. 4K looked crystal clear on 55inch TV and above.

Last edited:
I'm glad you are taking time to check these things bro. Usually in stores, they use a shared connection (Using one remote for all the TVs) and this impacts the quality a lot. I'm not sure how was it setup in the store you checked. But from my experience, the quality was never up to the mark in any channel when viewed in a store, be it any DTH. That's why I always ask them to play demo videos instead of watching dish when checking TV quality. However, as you have verified this and found no difference between ADTV and TS, I wonder how I can show you the issue I'm facing. It would be great if we both could have got a chance to check this together in person, that's the only way I could think of. You didn't get a chance to verify the regional channels that mainly has these issues. Anyway, this doesn't seem to go anywhere. I would just wait for Airtel to add the pending telugu HD channels and switch back unless TS does a miracle and fixes the issue. BTW, watching baahubali series on Star Maa HD was a pain yesterday. I couldn't concentrate on the movie at all, as my eyes always were looking at those blurry faces and actors in many scenes. It was a joy watching those movies when I had Airtel!

@Siva Bro comparing the sound issues in Sun direct and Blur issue in Tata sky which one is more intolerable for you?.

Last edited:
There were some 8-10 TV for display of different sizes. Yes, the connection was shared, but since the owner of the store is a close friend i requested him to connect the STB directly to the TV to check the PQ. Thats the way we checked TS and ADTV, for different TV sizes.

He had 2 TS HD STB and 2 ADTV HD STB. Different models, The TS one was technicolor and Humax while dont know ADTV model STB which was there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom