HBO Defined and HBO Hits channels launched delayed by tata sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: HBO Defined and HBO Hits channels launched delayed by tata sky

pochisur said:
I fail to understand the business dynamics and acumen of TS...they are spending millions of rupees for migration / making space for additional channels. Customers, as part of this community & some other such communities get a hope of something is going on..and we keep speculating based on various inputs that we will be given Xmas Gift, New Year gift etc...and keep disappointing ourselves..

But the commom prospective DTH customers do not have access to such info and may go in for the DTH with maximum channels or which appeals to him on that day..

I guess TS also understands that addition of channels do not have to wait for such days like Xmas or new year..the earlier they utilize the space available to add channels, the more the present customers they hold on to / get new customers.

I fail to understand the hype behind the Xmas & New Year gifts..

They are targeting 31 Dec 2014 when whole country will be digitized. Their recent advertisement(two girls in ladakh) also indicate that.

dipayan said:
They are targeting 31 Dec 2014 when whole country will be digitized. Their recent advertisement(two girls in ladakh) also indicate that.

That means viewers will have to wait for atleast 1 year from now...So whether now customer should expect anything from TS or not...

NinadG said:
That means viewers will have to wait for atleast 1 year from now...So whether now customer should expect anything from TS or not...

Not A Special Date For Addition When they HAve Space They Add Channels
We Take Example In September Not Any Special Date But In September Most Tata Sky Adds More Than 19 Channels and lead in Malayalam section
every transponder converted into dvb-s2 mpeg4 8qpsk we aspect new channels

Re: RE: HBO Defined and HBO Hits channels launched delayed by tata sky

dipayan said:

how can you assume a date with that ladakh ad

I think it's a pure business. They have added enough channels this year if they add channels after 1st Jan 2014 they can come up with big advertisement towards end of 2014 that they have added more channels than other dth in 2014 just before digitization of cable TV date end 31 dec 2014 to lure cable customers.

Rushil.D said:
Not A Special Date For Addition When they HAve Space They Add Channels
We Take Example In September Not Any Special Date But In September Mont Tata Sky Adds More Than 19 Channels and lead in Malayalam section
every transponder converted into dvb-s2 mpeg4 8qpsk we aspect new channels

TS must be having some schedule for channel addition & accordingly they are adding channels using space created by migration.
Only someone having insider info can tell us the actual..

dipayan said:
I think it's a pure business. They have added enough channels this year if they add channels after 1st Jan 2014 they can come up with big advertisement towards end of 2014 that they have added more channels than other dth in 2014 just before digitization of cable TV date end 31 dec 2014 to lure cable customers.

That means we will have update in the thread "CHANNEL ADDED & REMOVED IN 2014 ON DTH PLATFORM" that TS has added more no of channels in the year 2014 than other DTH.....:lol

Coolboy said:
i think its gud if they r forced to reduce price to 69 rs by hbo ...i dont mind waiting for some days as then the price will be justified bcoz earlier the price was just rudiculous ..i wont have even sub if the chs would have launched 2days ago with 99 rs as a tag

What if TS charge original price of 129rs for these two channels?

HBO was supposed to charge 129rs after initial 3months discounted price i.e 69rs but restrained from it as they didn't got enough customers.

I think this concept of ad-free is still at nascent stage & needs to grow. So there is no point pushing prices upwards by TS as broadcaster & other DTH are charging less price. HBO charging 129rs will surly affect subscriber base considering that max pack price is around 600rs & viewer wont pay that much price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock