Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing, we also have to see the channel logo/name and the content. If the channel logo and name are in good quality and only the content appears blurry, low PQ then its the content that is at fault. It may not be a FHD movies or not shot in FHD camera.

For example: In Movies Now HD, MN+ HD sometimes the channel logo also become dull and looses quality (including the content). Once it became like 240p quality where logo was also blurry. This is because of issue at broadcasters end. But, it can also be DTH issue like some ADTV users are facing for Sony Ten 1 HD.

But if the channel logo and name is clear, and only the content is of low quality then its the content that is at fault.

Last edited:
One thing, we also have to see the channel logo/name and the content. If the channel logo and name are in good quality and only the content appears blurry, low PQ then its the content that is at fault. It may not be a FHD movies or not shot in FHD camera.

For example: In Movies Now HD, MN+ HD sometimes the channel logo also become dull and looses quality (including the content). Once it became like 240p quality where logo was also blurry. This is because of issue at broadcasters end. But, it can also be DTH issue like some ADTV users are facing for Sony Ten 1 HD.

But if the channel logo and name is clear, and only the content is of low quality then its the content that is at fault.
There is no issue with the letters or logos on any content in these HD channels. The issue is only with the moving and long distance objects. As I stated earlier, I watched the same content (The movie Brahmotsavam) on Sun Direct HD and there was no such issue. It was in excellent quality on Sun on same channel. This is not an issue with the content. Regardless of the content is being telecast on these channels, this issue is clearly visible. I know it's hard to agree that such issue is there on a premium DTH like Tata Sky, but that's what it is!!

BTW, I got a call from Tata Sky before an hour. She asked me to switch on the TV and said she is adjusting something from her end(I didn't know What could she adjust only for me from her end). Anyway, I did not notice any difference even after the so called adjustment she made. She said she will send the technician to check the issue, and I told her this issue is not there on Airtel or Sun and technician can't do anything at my home since the issue is only on few HD channels. Then she said she will check with the back end team and get back to me. Within 5 minutes, she called me back and said she checked with the back end team and they are saying there is no such issue on these channels from broadcaster side. Then I told her, yes it is not an issue from broadcaster side since the issue is not there on two other DTH providers. It's you guys who is doing something in the middle. She said she will take a complaint, but I don't think it will go anywhere. Let us see!

@Siva bro, earlier today at 2PM i was watching THE HUNT on Sony BBC Earth HD, and i found no issues in PQ at all. Does the PQ depend on what show is being played ??? I dont know how its possible.

BTW i will call my uncle later today and ask him if he has noticed any such thing, will let you know what he has to say

Last edited:
Sun Music HD, Ktv HD, Sony BBC HD works flawlessly, Smooth as butter on my side, Problem as to be with hardware, Not TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock