Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramesh DthSky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 540
  • Views Views: Views 78,231
Status
Not open for further replies.
But again u say u get Good PQ on sports, infotainment HD channels. hmm cant understand what seems to be the problem, but we will find out the issue :)

If I could show you all the issue I'm facing it would be great. I'm just thinking what's the best way to do it. I'm not sure if it works if I shoot a video and upload!

If I could show you all the issue I'm facing it would be great. I'm just thinking what's the best way to do it. I'm not sure if it works if I shoot a video and upload!
Can you give LNB replacement option a try.

Just now i did a recheck on Star Movies HD+1 and it was showing Men In Black 3, the PQ was alright.

Bro, I'm repeatedly saying the TV settings are not the issue. Because I used the TV with same settings on all DTH and did not face this issue. Box could be the issue, I agree. However, I checked with all of you and confirmed that Technicolor is the best box for the picture quality on Tata Sky. BTW, which box are you using? @Ramesh DthSky Which box are you using?

I use Technicolor box @Siva. I concur with you that this has nothing to do with the TV's picture settings. If the STB model has the issue then how come we are seeing no picture quality issues on other channels? I stand by what I said. Sun Music HD and KTV HD, the two Tamil channels that I watched a lot are seriously having this picture quality issue for long camera shots and fast paced scenes. Add Star Maa Movies HD channel that I have cross checked to this list as well.

Since I became a subscriber of Tata Sky HD on August 15, 2016, I never complained about two other Tamil HD channels, Sun TV HD and Star Vijay HD. They both appear perfect for me without any issues and now add Zee Tamil HD to this list. Every time I contacted the nodal, I requested them to consider Sun TV HD and Star Vijay HD as benchmark channels for clarity and asked them to provide the same clarity for Sun Music HD and KTV HD as well.

And I reiterate, this picture quality issue is prominently visible if you watch keenly the regional music and movie HD channels. I watched Tamil and Telugu HD channels for this and compared those with the movie HD channels of Hindi. But I have never seen such issues in Hindi movie HD channels.

So @Ramesh DthSky bro, u mean to say that the low PQ and Blurriness issue is limited only to Regional HD channels, and other HD channels are perfectly fine.

@Siva bro, i asked my Uncle, says he did not notice any issues in regular HD channels, he couldn't check Telugu HD channels as he hasnt subscribed to them.

So @Ramesh DthSky bro, u mean to say that the low PQ and Blurriness issue is limited only to Regional HD channels, and other HD channels are perfectly fine.

@Siva bro, i asked my Uncle, says he did not notice any issues in regular HD channels, he couldn't check Telugu HD channels as he hasnt subscribed to them.

@Anish Pai , yeah, from what I have seen, this issue is prominently or easily seen on regional music and movie HD channels. Tamil and Telugu channels are those I am mentioning. I didn't watch those movie and music HD channels of Kannada and Malayalam. Not sure whether those two languages have HD channels in that genre. But @Siva said that he saw this issue on Star Movies HD as well. Since I didn't watch English movie channels, I might have missed this. But @Siva will confirm you regarding this channel for sure. Further I have not seen the issue on Sports HD channels that I watch mostly.

Star Movies HD seems fine. I'm watching Ratatouille movie on it right now and the quality is exceptional. It's so good that even the fur on the rat is clearly visible! The issue I have noticed earlier on this channel could have been content related.

Other telugu regional HD channels are definitely having this issue in the below order where 1 stands for worst.

1. Star Maa Movies HD
2. Zee Cinemalu HD
3. ETV HD
4. Star Maa HD
5. Zee Telugu HD

I didn't consider Gemini movies HD in the above list as that channel telecasts non HD content most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom